• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

hey its something I've noticed where there's lots of ghost shows on lately due to halloween soon, it's where they call out saying do something or give a sign or throw or bang something, but usually where there's a response the team would scream and look to get out of there lol I find that annoying yeah as they asked for it, I would definitely try to hang around as I feel it could get more interesting yeah and you could actually get the footage you are really after as a paranormal investigator. I think with the locations there's lots of rumors and stories and the team start to believe it and that adds to the fear and make them more likely to flee in fear yeah. could you hang in there when it starts to get eerie or would you leg it?

#2 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:03 PM

Hey now!
Honestly, I would try to stay as long as I could but if it went past my eeriness level (don't know what that is at the moment) I'd probably head out. :what:

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

I think I would hang around too, as long as it doesn't show a physical form. That is my eeriness level, LOL.  I am better off hearing than seeing things
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 dash

dash

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:32 PM

I would stay. Some of show reactions are funny

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:50 PM

What you have seen is a great example of “paradrama” on a paranormal entertainment show but it does not accurately reflect paranormal investigation. The scripted segment must keep the audience amused or sponsorship will be withdrawn from a lack of viewers.

Real paranormal investigation requires hours of patience, waiting for something to happen and when it does, it needs to be observed and documented offering a level of respect you would grant your own family. Real paranormal investigation is tangible to fishing. Mostly, it is trying to catch a single fish in a huge body of water with the wrong bait.

Occasionally we would open membership and look for potential members to join our paranormal team. Much like a job interview, we used a foundation of questions to get a feel if a potential member would be a good fit. One of the questions was “Do you feel paranormal television accurately reflects real paranormal investigation? The wrong answer to this question would severely limit the opportunity to join.

I highly recommend to any individual who is interested in serious investigation to recognize that these shows offer VERY limited value and should not be used as a foundation of mentor-ship. If you want to learn the wrong way to investigate, watch a paranormal show.

Lastly the frequency of phenomena on these shows is nothing less than laughable. Look up Barry Taff, a respected parapsychologist. During his career of 4000 investigations, he has documented less than 6 elevated occurrences of activity. How long would this keep a television audience interested if it takes years for one event to manifest? Keep in mind how I started this dissertation. The key word is scripted.

Edited by EVP, 28 October 2018 - 09:01 PM.

#6 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:44 AM

It would take fear of physical harm like think flying across the room for me to run.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,066 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

Like EVP said, you can pretty much throw out everything you see on TV. Personally, I think if you're out there trying to document something paranormal, running in fear is the exact opposite of what you should be doing. If you're doing that, you shouldn't be investigating. It's true that more investigations than not will have any activity during the investigation, it's just not that common. On the ones I've been on, I've been curious and fascinated when anything happened.

On one of our best investigations, my wife was in a room alone being monitored by a camera. The reported activity included a reported little girl, and we figured she may be more likely to show up with a mother type figure. We saw a spark and my wife began talking to someone off camera. Said the partial apparition of a little girl hovered in the open closet for a few minutes. The residents had said the girl appeared to one of them saying this was her room, and she showed herself holding their dead baby (it wasn't really dead). After the apparition went away, I came into the room. I didn't get anything, tried EVP and more filming, so I laid down on the floor with my head in the closet and tried talking to her. My head felt funny and tingly and I got a headache, but that's all.

Point being you should go AFTER activity, not run from it
Posted Image

#8 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

are any of you guys investigators yourself? or just fans of the ghostly things? I must do one of those weekend away haunted location stays, it will probably cost a bit but would be very interesting yeah, I see a lot of this advertised on facebook and there's limited amount of spaces but they do it regularly so there's always a chance. lot's of people are terrified of this lol but I find it very fascinating, I could read about it for hours or watch documentaries and really get in to it.

#9 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

View Postbartz, on 29 October 2018 - 09:57 AM, said:

are any of you guys investigators yourself?

If you read Vlawde's or my post, it's evident we have experience in the field. Good luck on your journey.

View PostVlawde, on 29 October 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

Personally, I think if you're out there trying to document something paranormal, running in fear is the exact opposite of what you should be doing. If you're doing that, you shouldn't be investigating. Point being you should go AFTER activity, not run from it

Well said Vlawde.

I could read about it for hours or watch documentaries and really get in to it.

Bartz, one of the most fascinating cases from Taff was the "Doris Bither" investigation. If you have 15 minutes to waste you can hear Dr. Barry Taff talk at length with Art Bell about it. Definitely a good listen. RIP Art.

https://www.youtube....h?v=0qbbaaneg8M

Edited by EVP, 29 October 2018 - 02:06 PM.

#10 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:33 PM

Depends on if I'm startled or not. :D  I've fled out of the house because of a bug in the sink.  My ex used my being away all week to let dirty dishes pile up, I was starting to do the dishes, and was startled by the bug and I'd swear in court it was 3 ft long and had a billion legs....  I grew up in the woods, I'm usually NOT scared of bugs.  Usually.

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:12 PM

LOL

View Posttrin, on 29 October 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

Depends on if I'm startled or not. :D  I've fled out of the house because of a bug in the sink.  My ex used my being away all week to let dirty dishes pile up, I was starting to do the dishes, and was startled by the bug and I'd swear in court it was 3 ft long and had a billion legs....  I grew up in the woods, I'm usually NOT scared of bugs.  Usually.

I would climb over you to get out of the way if a mouse happened to run my way.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#12 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:58 AM

I usually stay when paranormal events happen because, as others have said, they're the whole point of investigations. I've only ever run from them if I strongly feel that myself or a friend is in danger (this has only ever happened once or twice.)

Spiders on the other hand are a different matter :P
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#13 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:09 PM

I'd stay, as long as the manifestation wasn't something thrown at me. BUT the object had to come very near to me, to make me run.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#14 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:00 AM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 30 October 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

I'd stay, as long as the manifestation wasn't something thrown at me. BUT the object had to come very near to me, to make me run.

Mac, I admire your courage.

#15 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:01 PM

Yeah, it's a tv show. You don't run because of a bang noise. Or the sounds of what could possibly be a whisper. They could be caused by anything. In my case, it's usually my cat lol.

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 12:29 AM

View PostEVP, on 31 October 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

Mac, I admire your courage.

I grew up in a haunted house and having many experiences, so it would take quite a bit to make me run. You can get not so much blase but somewhat used to feeling, hearing and seeing things.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#17 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

are any of you guys investigators yourself? or just fans of the ghostly things? I must do one of those weekend away haunted location stays, it will probably cost a bit but would be very interesting yeah, I see a lot of this advertised on facebook and there's limited amount of spaces but they do it regularly so there's always a chance. lot's of people are terrified of this lol but I find it very fascinating, I could read about it for hours or watch documentaries and really get in to it.
No, I don't investigate. I'm fascinated by them but I'm scared of bringing them home with me. I can sense them and some of them will follow you if they know you're paying attention. I do like reading stories and seeing videos/images from those braver than I. I've seen ghosts my whole life. So I guess I'm always searching for validation.

Edited by moiraesfate, 02 November 2018 - 11:50 AM.

#18 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostMacCionoadha BeanSidhe, on 02 November 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

I grew up in a haunted house and having many experiences, so it would take quite a bit to make me run. You can get not so much blase but somewhat used to feeling, hearing and seeing things.

I can appreciate that. I had a couple of big paranormal scares and after that everything was numbed in comparison. I'm not suggesting that I don't understand "the flight" reaction only that I'd need some crazy activity taking place before I would leave. After all, that's why I'm there  :)

#19 bartz

bartz

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:59 AM

hey care to share about where they can follow you, that must be like an attachment that you would need to get rid of yeah. I think with spirit people if they can tell that you are a bit psychic or medium abilities then that's like a light for them yeah if they are a lost soul. I always thought we had spirit guides though since birth and you would of thought they would be there when you leave the earthly body to ensure you cross over all ok. I think there's also suppose to be a 'clean up crew' of angels that have the role of collecting us. it's very confusing yeah I find it hard to picture in my mind how it all works on the other side.

#20 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

If it wasn't putting peoples health and wellbeing at risk, I'd stay.
It's in the trees, it's coming!