89 replies to this topic

#41 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Hi Hudds,

Apologies for the confusion regarding your username.

Can you clarify what you mean by 2 mimicked pre-existed voices in a reversed manner, please? Do you mean they're talking in reverse and I need to play it backwards? Apologies if I'm being thick in this regard.

The questions I was asking was in relation to the Pendle Witches. My wife and I used to live close to the site of where the Pendle Witches used to congregate before they went on trial. As my wife and I are very interested in the paranormal, we set out to do an EVP session at the site of what remains of the Pendle Witches house. My wife filmed me asking questions and I used my iPhone to do the audio recording. Whilst my wife was filming, the fully-charged video camera switched itself off and we lost all the footage of me asking the questions. Footage taken before that survived and it was fine recording the aftermath. The battery was still fully charged when we turned the camera back on. My wife had her back close to the house, as in an inch or so, and at one point her head snapped back and she said "Ow!". She said that something tugged violently on her ponytail. After hearing the EVP upon playback, my wife said that she didn't want to try it again, she was little spooked by it.

Anyway, I was asking for the Pendle Witches by name, if they were innocent or guilty of the so-called accusations. When I asked if they could do anything to show that they were there/here, that's when the camera turned off. We've been experiencing the activity since then.

Thanks.

P.S. This really is a great forum and everyone here is a credit to it.

Edited to provide a little more info.

Edited by sherinator, 24 July 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#42 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:33 PM

View Postsherinator, on 24 July 2016 - 01:18 PM, said:

Apologies for the confusion regarding your username.

That's alright, no worries.

Can you clarify what you mean by 2 mimicked pre-existed voices in a reversed manner, please? Do you mean they're talking in reverse and I need to play it backwards? Apologies if I'm being thick in this regard.

The first deep and perhaps chesty voice, which also gave an impression of being extremely close to the mic. Was apparently not in reverse, but I couldn't understand what was being said to you.

The second voice which at the beginning mixed with the first voice, gave an impression of being reversed. I did reverse that particular voice/ words in attempt to revert but it was not exactly in reverse as it only gave an impression of sounding that way. These types of EVP's are quite common, and I came across countless EVP's as such, throughout the years.

Was you also asking me to clarify regarding mimicked pre-existed voices, or was it just about the reversed manner?

The questions I was asking was in relation to the Pendle Witches. My wife and I used to live close to the site of where the Pendle Witches used to congregate before they went on trial. As my wife and I are very interested in the paranormal, we set out to do an EVP session at the site of what remains of the Pendle Witches house. My wife filmed me asking questions and I used my iPhone to do the audio recording. Whilst my wife was filming, the fully-charged video camera switched itself off and we lost all the footage of me asking the questions. Footage taken before that survived and it was fine recording the aftermath. The battery was still fully charged when we turned the camera back on. My wife had her back close to the house, as in an inch or so, and at one point her head snapped back and she said "Ow!". She said that something tugged violently on her ponytail. After hearing the EVP upon playback, my wife said that she didn't want to try it again, she was little spooked by it.

Anyway, I was asking for the Pendle Witches by name, if they were innocent or guilty of the so-called accusations. When I asked if they could do anything to show that they were there/here, that's when the camera turned off. We've been experiencing the activity since then.

Keep in mind, many times Spirits may not answer questions, and if or when they do actually decide to participate, you questions mostly may not be answered properly. They can tell you partial truth of something, which can sometimes be in riddles and many lies. All depending on the Spirits intentions, and purpose.

I hope you don't mind, but I must say that what you both attempted, and partially maybe succeeded at that location was/ is kind of dangerous, and there would certainly be consequences more or less.

Your haunting is beginning to make sense now, in terms of the source.

At some point we may need to help you get rid of Spirit, if things persist or worsen?

Do you have any more EVP's?

P.S. This really is a great forum and everyone here is a credit to it.

Thank you. :)

#43 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

Hi Hudds,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, the mimicked pre-existed voices, does that just mean spirit voice or something?

You think there are two voices on the first EVP file? Interesting indeed, as I always thought it was one voice and maybe 2 or 3 words. Would be absolutely cracking if it was 2 separate responses!

We didn't really think there'd be any harm in what we were doing, considering there a quite a few videos on YouTube of people doing the same thing with the Pendle Witches. We didn't ask anything that would or give it any permission to latch onto us. Why would it latch onto us and, dare I ask, do you think it is a spirit of one of the Pendle Witches?

Thanks.

Edited by sherinator, 25 July 2016 - 12:06 AM.

#44 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:30 AM

View Postsherinator, on 24 July 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

The mimicked pre-existed voices, does that just mean spirit voice or something?

Spirits don't actually have voices of their own, obviously because they lack the necessary physical anatomy to produce speech. So, the only way they can communicate audibly is by manipulating pre-existed audio into distinguishable speech. They do this by tuning themselves to manipulate low-frequency sound waves, as they travel to a recorders microphone. And, while their mimicked voices can not be heard during the live recording, they can be heard when the session is played back, and amplified.

Spirits imitate/ mimic every voice and sound they ever heard, and memorised since their entire existence. They usually mimic voices of the deceased, and the living.

You think there are two voices on the first EVP file? Interesting indeed, as I always thought it was one voice and maybe 2 or 3 words. Would be absolutely cracking if it was 2 separate responses!

Yes, I do believe they were two voices, the second voice came in a second before the first one was about to finish. There is a possibly that you have two spirits, or maybe just one in your home.

We didn't really think there'd be any harm in what we were doing, considering there a quite a few videos on YouTube of people doing the same thing with the Pendle Witches. We didn't ask anything that would or give it any permission to latch onto us. Why would it latch onto us and, dare I ask, do you think it is a spirit of one of the Pendle Witches?

Spirits usually first evaluate people, and then decide if they want to either attach themselves, or seek their attention. For example, I know that most Spirits wouldn't want anything to do with some members in this forum, no matter what they tried, and the places they visited. It all obviously depends what Spirits actually look for in a person, to feed their extensive desires. They usually prefer sensitive, emotional and fearful to some extent people. So that they would be easier to manipulate, than a person who is the opposite.

Attempting to directly communicate with Spirits, and especially in their territory can give them permission itself, to do as they desire with you. According to their Spiritual legal rights.

Perhaps, a Spirit did attach itself to you or your wife, and followed you back home from that place, as you experienced the activity since then.

What else you experienced in your previous place, apart from the kitchen lights coming on or going off by themselves?. And, when did you move out after your visit to Pendle Witches location?

Try not to be too concerned regarding the Spirit, and where it may have came from, as it was certainly elsewhere before being at the Pendle Witches location. Our attention and fear makes them stronger than they actually are, and one must avoid feeding them of what they crave. ;)

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, sherinator.

Edited by Hudds, 25 July 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#45 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Hi Hudds,

Thanks for your reply and the information, it's certainly of great interest.

Apart from the light going on and off, there was a couple of other things. We used to find the fridge and freezer doors open on occasion as well, but it didn't seem like they'd been open for very long due to there being no to very little defrosting. I checked the seals on them and they were fine, so they weren't opening on their own. On another occasion, my wife was working from home and I was out at work and, upon my return home, she was a little shaken up. She told me that she clearly heard me shout her from upstairs, not once but twice in quick succession, with the second shout being louder. She said it sounded exactly like me and the voice shouted her by not her actual name, but the pet name I call her, I never call her by her actual name.

We moved house about 2 years after first visiting the location. I did go back again with my sister a couple of months after the first visit, but there was no EVP session, my sister just wanted to see it.

I'm not too concerned about it to be honest, I'm more fascinated by it. No fear on my part either :no:

Thanks.

Edited by sherinator, 26 July 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#46 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:56 AM

View Postsherinator, on 26 July 2016 - 12:49 AM, said:

Apart from the light going on and off, there was a couple of other things. We used to find the fridge and freezer doors open on occasion as well, but it didn't seem like they'd been open for very long due to there being no to very little defrosting. I checked the seals on them and they were fine, so they weren't opening on their own. On another occasion, my wife was working from home and I was out at work and, upon my return home, she was a little shaken up. She told me that she clearly heard me shout her from upstairs, not once but twice in quick succession, with the second shout being louder. She said it sounded exactly like me and the voice shouted her by not her actual name, but the pet name I call her, I never call her by her actual name.

Finding the fridge and freezer doors open, and apparently not very long ago. Can possibly be the works of a Spirit, as they usually do such things minutes before their nuisance, and attention tactics are expected to be noticed.

I am not surprised, that your wife was shaken by hearing your voice calling out her pet name twice from upstairs, and the only person at home was her. It's certainly not pleasant to experience such things, and it can be quite creepy.

Spirits can use either pet or nick names of people, and exactly the way you described. They often do this to make it more believable, confusing, creepy and certainly for attention. This kind of Spirit related occurrences are also quite common, which is referred to as an AVP (Audible Voice Phenomena).  

We moved house about 2 years after first visiting the location. I did go back again with my sister a couple of months after the first visit, but there was no EVP session, my sister just wanted to see it.

Did the occurrences start in your home after your first, or the second visit to that location?. Although, you did not conduct an EVP session during the second visit, but did either of you experience anything odd, or unusual while you were there?

I'm not too concerned about it to be honest, I'm more fascinated by it. No fear on my part either :no:

I am very glad that you are not too concerned, and are fearless. As this way, you are keeping your situation somewhat under control, and balanced.

#47 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hi Hudds,

Thanks again for your response.

You're explanation for the voice was very interesting.

I'd say that the occurrences probably started, or at the very least became noticable, after the second visit. Nothing unusual happened whilst we were there and I played the EVPs for my sister once we got home seeing as she drove almost 100 miles for it! :)

Do you think it could've latched on after the second visit?

#48 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

View Postsherinator, on 26 July 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Do you think it could've latched on after the second visit?

To answer your question correctly as possible, I first need to know the length of time differences between your first and second visit?. There's no need to be accurate, as any rough estimate would be adequate.

So, your sister drove 100 miles just to visit the place, and listen to all your previous EVP's?. Wow, the determination.

#49 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

I think it was maybe around 1 month at the most between visits.

Yes, after I filled her in on the history of the Pendle Witches and pointed her in the direction of a very good documentary about it on YouTube, she was eager to see it. My sister and I communicate a lot, but we don't get to see each other very often due to the distance, which is even further now.

#50 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:57 PM

View Postsherinator, on 26 July 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

I think it was maybe around 1 month at the most between visits.

I am leaning towards to assume, that the Spirit/s may have attached itself to you during your revisit. But this is something I cannot be certain of, because Spirits can observe household occupants for a while, before first starting any minor occurrences. Also, keep in mind that they're not only active in the spot light, but are also behind the scenes.

A final question in relation to the source, how long after your revisit you noticed any occurrences?

View Postsherinator, on 26 July 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

Yes, after I filled her in on the history of the Pendle Witches and pointed her in the direction of a very good documentary about it on YouTube, she was eager to see it. My sister and I communicate a lot, but we don't get to see each other very often due to the distance, which is even further now.

I can completely understand her eagerness after hearing about the history, and the watching the documentary. Also, considering your first visit's experience and EVP's, and a chance to visit you and your wife, must had really got her quite eager to travel such a distance.

Edited by Hudds, 26 July 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#51 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:05 AM

Hi,

When you say they're active behind the scenes as well, can you elaborate a little further on that?

I'd say that it was probably less than a week before we started to notice things happening.

Thanks.

#52 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2016 - 04:35 AM

View Postsherinator, on 27 July 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

When you say they're active behind the scenes as well, can you elaborate a little further on that?

Spirits can usually be either active in the background, or manifest to be in the spot light. They can be quite active either way throughout the day or night, and from shorter to long periods of time.

Behind the scenes: Planting negative thought forms into our minds, in attempt to cause nuisance and trouble, either solely or against another. Also, odd and unexplained sensations throughout a persons body.

Spotlight: Spirits make their presence known, and us aware of all their activity.

The extent of occurrences, and what people may experience does actually vary, as it all depends on the person and Spirits intentions, and purpose.

View Postsherinator, on 27 July 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

I'd say that it was probably less than a week before we started to notice things happening.

Perhaps, a Spirit attached itself to you during the revisit, or the Spirit which was already in your home from the first visit, decided to surface it's activity from behind the scenes.

Sherinator, from gathering everything you mentioned and we had discussed. I believe that your previous and present haunting is/ was by the same Spirit, which came from the Pendle Witches location.

If you require any further information or have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask, Sherinator. :)

Edited by Hudds, 27 July 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#53 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

Hi Hudds,

All very interesting stuff.

The carpet runner moved again, same way as before with the tape still attached to the carpet, this time I was in the house but I didn't see it happen. I haven't put it back yet as it's a pain in the backside to do and it's getting late.

Shall I attempt to get rid of the spirit or is a live and let live policy better?

Thanks.

#54 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:48 PM

View Postsherinator, on 27 July 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

The carpet runner moved again, same way as before with the tape still attached to the carpet, this time I was in the house but I didn't see it happen. I haven't put it back yet as it's a pain in the backside to do and it's getting late.

This is typical of a Spirits nuisance, as things are usually redone when least expected!. Just keep putting it back every time it reoccurs, and the Spirit will soon give up, eventually.

View Postsherinator, on 27 July 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

Shall I attempt to get rid of the spirit or is a live and let live policy better?

An attempt to get rid of this Spirit, does require a couple of things which you must be prepared for, Sherinator. Such as confronting the Spirit yourself appropriately, or getting your home blessed from a local church.  

It all depends on you, if you want to tolerate the nuisance any further or not. I personally would not want anything as such in my home.

#55 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:03 AM

Hi,

I put the runner back this morning.

I'm not religious, so I'd feel uncomfortable with having anyone from the church in my house, which leaves me to confront it myself. Question is, how would I do that?

Thanks.

#56 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

View Postsherinator, on 28 July 2016 - 12:03 AM, said:

I put the runner back this morning.

It's unfortunate for one to go through all this trouble, but I encourage you to continue to show this Spirit, who's the boss!

View Postsherinator, on 28 July 2016 - 12:03 AM, said:

I'm not religious, so I'd feel uncomfortable with having anyone from the church in my house, which leaves me to confront it myself. Question is, how would I do that?

I believe that either allowing a minister, or pastor from a local church to carry out a home blessing, can be much more effective, especially if you have faith in the blessing itself.

I can however advice you how to confront the Spirit by yourself appropriately, which also can be effective and add some protection, again it will require faith for it to work.

Be confident and have plenty of faith in every word, completely believe that it will help you, to get rid of the Spirit.

Go to the second floor where you feel it resides most of time, and with a firm voice of authority say "I renounce everything I attempted, and did in the past at the Pendle Witches location, and in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, I want you "Spirit" to leave my home, leave now, Spirit!".

Keep in mind, to not be disrespectful but straight to the point, as someone of authority.

#57 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

Hi Hudds,

Is there any other way to do it? I'm really not comfortable with bringing up Jesus Christ and it's not possible for me to have faith in what I say if there are religious subjects in what I'm saying, I'm an atheist through and through.

Thanks.

Edited by sherinator, 29 July 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#58 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:19 AM

View Postsherinator, on 29 July 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

Is there any other way to do it? I'm really not comfortable with bringing up Jesus Christ and it's not possible for me to have faith in what I say if there are religious subjects in what I'm saying, I'm an atheist through and through.

Unfortunately, other alternatives may not be as effective and add any protection, when/ while you attempt such procedure. In my opinion, confronting a Spirit without religious faith could have consequences, such as the Spirit turning truly malevolent, and increasing activity in your home, Sherinator.

However, you can try herb and salt methods which may somewhat help to decrease the activity. :)

Edited by Hudds, 29 July 2016 - 05:29 AM.

#59 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

View PostHudds, on 29 July 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

Unfortunately, other alternatives may not be as effective and add any protection, when/ while you attempt such procedure. Confronting a Spirit without religious faith could have consequences, such as the Spirit turning truly malevolent, and increasing activity in your home, Sherinator.

I disagree, and spreading such falsehoods can be dangerous to those involved.

The key is INTENT whether religious based or NOT.

#60 Guest_Hudds_*

Guest_Hudds_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:35 AM

View PostCDS, on 29 July 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

I disagree, and spreading such falsehoods can be dangerous to those involved.

The key is INTENT whether religious based or NOT.

Care to share other methods to help get rid of a Spirit, and safely?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost, haunting, ghosts, paranormal, house, old, victorian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users