89 replies to this topic

#81 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

Given those circumstances, you may want to consider the possibility of a thought form entity.

#82 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

CDS is right, it might be a tulpa.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#83 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I've looked up what a tulpa is and it seems, at least to me, that it's basically an imaginary friend. To be honest, I don't have one of those. However, I am thinking that whatever it may be was feeding off my negative thoughts and emotions, giving it a sort of strength. Now that those thoughts are less frequent, perhaps it doesn't have enough energy to continue its hijinks?

Thanks.

#84 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

I hope you're right, Sherinator.... let us know how it goes.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#85 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

A tulpa is actually a thought form that takes on a life of it's own. Some authors were all together and created a fictional character, each one adding attributes and personality traits. After a time, there was actual paranormal activity from what seemed like this fictional character
Posted Image

#86 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

sherinator, on 15 December 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. I've looked up what a tulpa is and it seems, at least to me, that it's basically an imaginary friend. To be honest, I don't have one of those. However, I am thinking that whatever it may be was feeding off my negative thoughts and emotions, giving it a sort of strength. Now that those thoughts are less frequent, perhaps it doesn't have enough energy to continue its hijinks?

Thanks.

Tulpas are not imaginary friends. They are a sentient being, created by an individual, through thought. IMO, people who call them "imaginary friends", have no idea what a Tulpa truly is. Tulpas can take on a life of their own, with thoughts good or bad and intentions good or bad, depending on it's own mind

Tulpa is a concept in mysticism of a being or object which is created through sheer spiritual or mental discipline alone. Indian Buddhist texts call it an unreal, illusory, or mind-created apparition. The term comes from Tibetian "to build" or "to construct": Tulpa is sometimes used synonymously to "magical emanation", "conjured thing", "phantom", and thought-form.

Belgian-French explorer, spiritualist, and Buddhist Alexandra David-Néel observed these mystical practices in 20th century Tibet. She reported tulpas are "magic formations generated by a powerful concentration of thought." David-Néel wrote that "an accomplished Bodhisattva is capable of effecting ten kinds of magic creations. The power of producing magic formations, tulkus or less lasting and materialized tulpas, does not, however, belong exclusively to such mystic exalted beings. Any human, divine or demoniac being may be possessed of it. The only difference comes from the degree of power, and this depends on the strength of the concentration and the quality of the mind itself.”
David-Néel wrote of the tulpa's ability to develop a mind of its own: “Once the tulpa is endowed with enough vitality to be capable of playing the part of a real being, it tends to free itself from its maker's control. This, say Tibetan occultists, happens nearly mechanically, just as the child, when his body is completed and able to live apart, leaves its mother's womb." David-Néel claimed to have created a tulpa in the image of a jolly Friar Tuck-like monk which later developed a life of its own and had to be destroyed. David-Néel raised the possibility that her experience was illusory: "I may have created my own hallucination," though she reports that others could see the thought-forms that have been created.
Wiki-pedia

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#87 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

Creating a life form within your mind that can then interact with humans?
I have a real problem accepting that premise as being anything other than fiction.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#88 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,129 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:50 AM

A few cases on Dead Files dealt with this kind of thing, where the negative emotions of a person were actually creating a sentient or near sentient entity.

It is theorized to at least some extent, we as a species, as well as individually, actually create our reality. Some of the quantum entanglement theories support this
Posted Image

#89 Raphaela

Raphaela

Orb

• GS Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

I'm not an investigator but it seems to me Sherinator's haunting could conform to several theories at this point, incuding the usual emotionally-fueled haunting. Sounds like it could also be a tulpa or even poltergeist activity - I don't believe poltergeist activity is confined to young troubled females.

But doesn't a straightforward attachment originating from Pendleton seem most likely here? Either way, from my own haunting and those I know of,  fascination w spirit activity can be one reason these things stay active/attached. Sherinator I noticed you said you aren't scared of the activity but that you are fascinated by it. I would just be mindful of that mindset. Probably the less you are amused by it, the better. I get the sense your wife is psychic, which somehow plays into this. Not sure how.

#90 sherinator

sherinator

Orb

• GS Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:53 AM

Hello and thank you for the responses.

I am fascinated by the activty, but I'm not doing anything to encourage it. I've never witnessed my wife show any psychic abilities, nor has she ever mentioned any to me.

I will continue to keep everyone updated.

Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost, haunting, ghosts, paranormal, house, old, victorian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users