• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Donyellemary

Donyellemary

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

Hey y'all! I'm new to this community, so thank you for accepting my request administrators! Well, I have the beginning of a possible problem on my hands. I am myself a sensitive, and have had many haunting sin my life. Finally when I was in my early thirties, I became a part of an African community where I was exposed to many different spiritual practices, and with them protective, expressive, cleansing and boundary setting practices that I have been using with surprising success. Recently though, my 7 year old son has been having "weird" and "creepy" feelings in our otherwise safe and comfy house. That didn't quite bother me, I did me usual cleansing, and let it go. It wasn't until this past week when my husband and I began hearing hissing and dragging sounds coming from his empty bedroom at night. We have checked for rodents, both in the attic and in the room, no sign of them. Also we don't have animals, as we are highly allergic.  My husband who is extremely skeptical agrees that something "fishy" is going on. What say you,oh experts? 🙂

#2 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:24 PM

welcome, sound s like some strange goings on. I have been hearing similar sounds coming from my bedroom closet and from under the bed. I have a degree in home inspecting so I too checked for rodents and found no evidence of their comings and goings. I hope if you have a ghost  that it never escalates to more violent activity. So far our haunting though unsettling is not harmful to us so we have left the spirit in peace. I would suggest to keep cleansing the area, but under no circumstances try to contact the spirit.

#3 lorac61469

lorac61469

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

If you're in a cold area perhaps it's related to the heating in your home?

I would also suggest calling an exterminator if you think that critters may be a possibility because they would know exactly what to look for.

Could you possibly set up a video camera and see if you can record anything?

#4 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:52 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 27 December 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

If you're in a cold area perhaps it's related to the heating in your home?

I would also suggest calling an exterminator if you think that critters may be a possibility because they would know exactly what to look for.

Could you possibly set up a video camera and see if you can record anything?
I second this piece of advice.
Highly recommended to call an exterminator. They'll find what you may have missed.
Definately set up a video camera in the room in question. You may catch what it is either by video and/or the mic.

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

Do you have central heating?  

I would absolutely get an exterminator in. Because I just went to snakes in your ducts. Critters usually chew on things and skitter around.   There's very little mistaking them or birds.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

View PostDonyellemary, on 27 December 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hey y'all! I'm new to this community, so thank you for accepting my request administrators! Well, I have the beginning of a possible problem on my hands. I am myself a sensitive, and have had many haunting sin my life. Finally when I was in my early thirties, I became a part of an African community where I was exposed to many different spiritual practices, and with them protective, expressive, cleansing and boundary setting practices that I have been using with surprising success. Recently though, my 7 year old son has been having "weird" and "creepy" feelings in our otherwise safe and comfy house. That didn't quite bother me, I did me usual cleansing, and let it go. It wasn't until this past week when my husband and I began hearing hissing and dragging sounds coming from his empty bedroom at night. We have checked for rodents, both in the attic and in the room, no sign of them. Also we don't have animals, as we are highly allergic.  My husband who is extremely skeptical agrees that something "fishy" is going on. What say you,oh experts? ��

I personally don't think your problem is rodents or other fleshy creatures. But I will share my experience with you.
I had a rat in our attic 12 years ago and we heard it most nights. We were sure it was a ghost. So I finally went up into the crawl space and placed boxes of poison to rule out rats. And sure enough I found a dead rat a week later and no more noises.

So yes, make sure you rule out pests of all shapes and sizes while you're ruling everything else out. But also be on guard in case this really is a paranormal encounter. What are you using to cleanse the house? Just make sure you include crawl spaces/attic etc. Leave no space left out.  ;)

So it sounds like you know what to do. So maybe just make sure everything "explainable" is ruled out and let us know at that point. We are here to help.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#7 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:01 AM

Are you just hearing sounds?  Is your son having any other kinds of experiences?  You say he has weird and creepy feelings.  What is he experiencing?  What does he feel in his room?  We would further have to explore his actual experiences to see if it could be paranormal.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#8 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:09 PM

View PostTantric KittenGStudy, on 28 December 2016 - 09:13 AM, said:

Do you have central heating?  

I would absolutely get an exterminator in. Because I just went to snakes in your ducts. Critters usually chew on things and skitter around.   There's very little mistaking them or birds.

snakes actually are really really quiet critters, you probably wouldn't notice them except for wierd smells.
There's a lot of things that it sounds like, Possums? skunks (crawl space), rats, etc.  (If there were a betting pool I'd be going for possums, they are nocturnal, hiss when annoyed, would make also scratchey noises, and they could easily get into an attic. )   I grew up in the woods, so I expect a LOT of things to be critter/ climate related.

I'd like to rule out "normal but unexpected" before expecting paranormal.   We had a loud boom noise (like someone threw something big and heavy at the side of the house) and it turned out to be weather related, it was pretty scary at the time.

for "feeling creepy" get/ borrow and EMF detector, as leakage from electrical wiring / devices can make people feel like they're being watched. (don't forget the ceiling lamp/ ceiling fan if there is one, lots of those get installed as DIY's and are more likely to have an EMF leakage than something installed by a pro.)  

Is there a wall shared with the kitchen/laundry room/ entertainment center?  (floor of his room with the laundry area a floor below maybe)  central AC unit outside the house but adjacent to his room?

Do you have a CO detector? because everyone SHOULD have one anyway.

#9 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

DonyElleMary... I hope we didn't discourage you.

Trin listed a great list of possible considerations for the noise. Which was well thought out, I must say. But no one is saying it's not a haunting. Especially when we consider what your son has been experiencing. But any good investigator will always seek to rule out the explainable first.

Please keep us updated... and if things get even more strange, we'll help you work through it.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#10 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,320 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:26 PM

Hoping that you might still be around Dony and can give us an update?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users