Free Skins
© Fisana

I'm Not Necessarily Seeking Help, Just Some Info.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

My brother's been using a spirit board & contacting something claiming to be Baphomet. This is an entity I'm aware of but not intimately familiar with.

I was hoping someone could help me understand in more detail what exactly it is that he's messing with if it is in fact who it claims to be.

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:44 AM

I'm going to break my typical skeptic self for a brief moment and give some quick advice.
  • There's plenty of lore associated with divination that spells simply bad news. Just do a simple search on Ouija / Spirit Boards / Zozo.
  • As to whether there is trickery in character, there are plenty of accounts indicating nothing but lies.
  • Many accounts involving a Ouija Board/Spirit Boards become a whirlwind of unfortunate psychological events & once the door is open, it becomes difficult to close.
Even if there isn't any proof of Spirit Boards being a real problem there are still enough anecdotal accounts that suggest using them just leads to too many negative results. I personally won't use one but much of that revolves around viewing it as an unreliable research tool.
  • I'd recommend stopping the use completely.

• DO NOT burn or break the board.

• Discard the board by either burying or sinking it deeply into water.
Here's a small excerpt from the net.

Baphomet is the goat headed deity once supposedly revered by the Knights Templar, and associated with the Church of Satan today. Baphomet's 2 horns and 2 ears make up 4 arms of the upside down pentagram, with his elongated chin being the fifth.

Now back to my normally scheduled program of skepticism.

Edited by EVP, 14 January 2017 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,703 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

That's the thing..if your brother isn't pulling your leg and IS talking to something, it could claim to be anyone. I wouldn't put it past anything malicious to want to be seen as a demon and mess with people.

Baphomet is actually associated with the Knights Templar, and may actually be a misrepresentation/misspelling of the prophet Muhammad. No historical mention of Baphomet until the 14th century. So it looks like it may not really be a demon or a real thing. The image below wasn't created until around 1850, and of course we're familiar with it from heavy metal albums.

So it's very likely if your bro ISN'T BS'ing, whatever he is talking to is not who they claim to be, since it appears there was never a demon with that name.  This link gives you the rundown: http://ultraculture....-sabbatic-goat/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

I agree with the 2 above posts. I have never used a spirit board there is enough interaction without it.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 JustSomeGuy

JustSomeGuy

Apport

• GS Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:28 AM

I wish he'd knock that stuff off. In our early teens he went from christian to satanist to Buddhist in a matter of months but while in his satanist phase he was into blood drinking rituals & had a huge pentagram made of Christmas lights on his bedroom wall which in turn caused a demon to start keeping me up for days by screaming in my face at night.

Edited by JustSomeGuy, 14 January 2017 - 09:30 AM.

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,282 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Well let's hope your brother loses interest and moves onto something less involved and boy I bet that blood drinking didn't sit well :yucky:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

that sounds pretty terrifying to have that happen to you! I hope you're ok now?

Don't forget that you can always perform protection rituals for yourself and your space if you're worried about things 'leaking' into your zone. Let us know if you want us to direct you to some of these on the boards.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#8 buffamy

buffamy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:20 AM

View PostJustSomeGuy, on 14 January 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

My brother's been using a spirit board & contacting something claiming to be Baphomet. This is an entity I'm aware of but not intimately familiar with.

I was hoping someone could help me understand in more detail what exactly it is that he's messing with if it is in fact who it claims to be.

Baphomet is just the name/title being used, like Buffamy is the name I'm using here. There are many reasons why Baphomet might be used... for instance, a knowledge of your brother's interest in the occult.

Edited by buffamy, 15 January 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:37 PM

Hi Justsomeguy, it would be good to hear from you again :D
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users