• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Savarra

Savarra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

So I recently moved in with my lifelong friend and her boyfriend and things was going smoothly. She's 8 months pregnant and about ready to prop so we can be a bit paranoid which is why things have gotten so bad. About a month ago I moved in and the 2nd or 3rd night I was here I was up late painting in my room on the phone with my other friend when I heard a noise in the kitchen, It sounded like someone tried to move the cookie sheets around. I dismissed this as my roommates moving around. However, the next morning my roommates asked me if I was the one moving around last night and had gone to the bathroom, I hadn't. We then checked all the windows and the one in the kitchen was unlocked so we fixed it and dismissed the whole thing. Then last night came around I was just about ready to fall asleep and I looked up to see a figure in my room. I assumed it was my roommate so I yelled at him to get out of my room, the figure laughed, then I buried my face in my pillow and yelled at it to get out of my room 2 more times. I didn't hear the door open so I looked up and he was gone. Then I texted my roommate's girlfriend and asked why the Love he was in my room at night. The next morning I had gotten a text from her saying that he never left the room all night. So then I told them what happened and my roommates started freaking out. We have since swapped some more stories of what has happened including her hearing someone bang on the wall in her room and then handprints appearing near the ceiling above the baby's playpen. After talking about this we looked around the house for more handprints and noticed that the attic door had been moved it looked like someone punched thru it from the other side, there were chunks of plaster missing and no plaster on the floor at all. Anyone know what this is? or what it could be?
I'm uploading some pictures to this thread to the first one had my roommate for scale where the handprints were(there right about where his thumbs are) the 2nd one is the tiny closet where the attic door is. The third picture is the attic door is himself.

Attached Files

#2 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

I would start keeping a log for now and see if there is a pattern in place. A new apartment can share new sounds one isn't use to hearing and sound can travel in different directions. Your first picture indicates that there is plenty of clutter on the floor. Is it possible the sounds could be caused from this?

Our minds begin hearing new things once we become suspicious. This can affect our sleeping in the form of hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations because of our constant pondering of the unknown.

For now I would avoid overthinking these episodes and do not attempt to communicate with it. If it persist, I would continue documenting and contact the board again so we might be able to encourage a solution.

Good luck.

Edited by EVP, 19 January 2017 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#3 Savarra

Savarra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

We've lived ther for about a month. We will document and post anymore experiences. The house is very clean about a week after moving in we noticed a bunch of problems including the central heating not working so most of our stuff is packed, we just have all the baby's stuff in that area.

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

My first experience with ghosts was when I was 10 years old. We lived in a haunted house. There was a ghost that lived in the attic. We would hear it up there on occasion. And once in awhile, the ceiling attic panel would be moved off to the side. Your story and picture reminded me of my own past experiences. I think it was letting my family know that it lived in the attic and that was its domain. So assuming it is a ghost, it could be the same situation where you live. I think it lives in the attic. So you have two choices, leave it alone and see how things do. Or if the activity persists, a couple of you could crawl up into the attic and invade it's space for a few minutes. Similar to what it has been doing in your space. Let it know by your actions that this works both ways! And I agree with EVP, I would strongly advise you to not communication with it (verbally) at this time.

And if you're ever curious as to whether it's really up in the attic or not... let me know later on and I have some ideas to test that.

I'm just curious? Did the activity start when you moved in? If that's the case, it may not like you living there.

Oh, and as EVP suggested... please keep a log of all events. It's a good tool to help iron out a strategy over time.

Disclaimer: By going up into the attic, there's a slight chance it could make the haunting somewhat more active, but unlikely.
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:58 AM

Hello and welcome to the boards Savarra :) Wow that would be frightening waking to what you think is someone in your room. EVP and Jim have made some good suggestions about keeping a journal and not to actively try to communicate with it. However, I believe you would be within your rights if you see it in your room again to say "Get out"!   If it is any consolation, in my experiences no two interactions are ever the same so with any luck, you won't be waking up to it in your room again.

I know it is not a nice thought but maybe someone should check out the attic space just in case it is the human variety hiding up there especially if the place has been vacant before your friends moved in. We lived in an area where neighbours were saying a male was sleeping on their verandahs and trying to get into their houses. Well I don't know if it was him but we saw one guy high tailing it over our fence with our dogs on his heels :yes:

Good luck I hope things settle down for you guys :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 lorac61469

lorac61469

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:39 AM

Since the central heating is not working you might want to check the home for carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide can cause something called "Haunted House Syndrome". In 1921 The American Journal of Opthalmology published a case of a couple who moved into a home a began to suffer from strange auditory and visual hallucinations. Their symptoms were traced to a faulty furnace. In 2005 a woman was found delirious and claiming to see ghosts, her new gas water heater had been improperly installed causing her home to be filled with carbon monoxide.

Also, check out the attic. You could have critters up there.

#7 Savarra

Savarra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

Jim@ghoststudy thanks for the info(and everyone else to!) Before I moved in nothing happened. We now have a log going and sound like a bunch of crazy people when we tell our family and friends whats going on. Lorac61469 we have a carbon monoxide detector so I sont think its thatr. We have a maintnence guy coming to look at everything so we will have him check the attic. Frankly were all 18 and a bunch of chikcens we we would rather aomeone else go up there.

#8 Savarra

Savarra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Update this morning I went into my room after sleeping in my roomates and I had keft out a painting that I was working on and it was covered in scratches.

#9 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

i have a question, is the apartment like a duplex type deal? like you share a wall with one neighbor, or do you share walls with neighbors on all sides. I only ask because my apartment is a duplex, and we share a wall with a family that has little kids, and everything they do over there, slamming the doors, dropping things, running around, ect., echo's over into our side in the weirdest of places. Like, they will slam the front door, and it will sound like our other bedroom. Or like the other day, the kids were running around, and it sounded like someone was in our attic.

Another reason I ask is because sometime last year in my area, the police were chasing this guy, and he went into one apartment, got into their attic, and came out of the apartment next door to the one he ran into. I thought maybe if you share a wall, you might share an attic with your neighbor, or there is a hole in the dividing wall in the attic and someone could be getting in that way.

Not saying that it's not a ghost or anything. It's just something I would look into.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#10 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,639 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

Okay then... since you have a maintenance man coming to look into the crawl space (attic), that means you guys don't need to go up there... and it will also most likely rule out wild animals or even a live person. Win, Win. on that one.  :)

As for the painting, it looks like we're seeing yet another sign that it wants you out of there. So when the ghost comes up in conversation, only say nice things.  ;)  And no worries, once it sees that you're sticking around, it will most likely give up and accept you. And it may even be the one to leave. So keep logging everything that happens. However, If activity does get worse or doesn't go away, you can use the log book to develop a strategy to deal with it.   :  )

Posted Image

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:02 PM

Heay Savarra :sign0016:

Any chance of getting an image of the scratches? We don't need a full shot of the painting :no: but a closeup of the scratches might be useful :yes: Also were the scratches done before the paint dried or after? If it was after do you see any paint flakes on the floor or around the painting?

You've come to the right place! There are a lot of good people here!!  Best of luck to you!!!
- siguie -

#12 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

I agree I'd like to see a picture of the scratches on the painting, helps us get an understanding of what you're experiencing.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#13 Savarra

Savarra

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

Thank you guys so much for the feedback! I will post a picture of the scratches tomorrow when me and my roomates get home. ��

#14 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,417 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:40 PM

Great, keep us in the loop Savarra!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#15 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 9,639 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 01:09 AM

Thanks, We'll appreciate seeing the picture.

If you need help posting... just click the yellow button (More Reply Options) below where you post.
That will allow you to attach the pic.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users