• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

I work in a building that has several "labs" as we call them.  Electrical labs that we do our CPU development, debug and verification work in.  All of the labs have badge access doors and when you have access and badge in, the door lock mechanism will give a loud mechanical clunk letting you know the door unlocked.

I have mentioned here several times before the kind of stuff that some of the security guards have seen or experienced at our campus (door badge readers reading a badge in the middle of the night and no one there, doors opening and closing by themselves, elevator activation alerts when no one is around to push the buttons and such).   One of our security guards, Mario, has a lot of fun messing with people with all of the intercoms at the front doors of our buildings.  He has tried to freak me out by making sounds or whispers through the intercom when I was walking by them.  He has been successful with a few people.

Yesterday morning as I was walking towards a lab door (15' away), I heard the door clunk as if it just unlocked.  No one was on either side of the door.  I figured Mario was bored in the control room and messing with me as security can unlock the doors from there.  I saw Mario at the smoking area later on and told him "very funny trying to punk me".  He was there with one of our security supervisors.  When I told them what happened, they both looked at me shocked.  Mario was not working the control room any more as he now works in the badging office.  The supervisor was working in the control room yesterday and she asked me which door and what time it happened.  She said she was going to go back and look at the tape and door access log to see who unlocked it.

Just once I wish my security guard friends would let me see the video they have on all the weird crud that goes on here!!!!

p.s.  before anyone asks.  campus is 10yrs old and was built over a very heavily wooded area of the hill country in Austin
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:25 AM

If it makes it any less frustrating for you, I doubt security footage shows anything besides empty elevators and doors opening and closing.

The supervisor you mentioned the door to might share what the door access log said.

#3 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostTrue North, on 05 December 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

If it makes it any less frustrating for you, I doubt security footage shows anything besides empty elevators and doors opening and closing.

The supervisor you mentioned the door to might share what the door access log said.

You are right about the doors they see open at night.   Nothing seen other than the door opens and then closes according to them.  The thing they really dont like is that the doors they occasionally see open and close at night are badge access secured doors.  The doors must have a badge to unlock from the outside or a person must push the handle or bar in to get the door to release / unlock.  ALL of the doors like that here at work have an alarm in the control room if the door gets propped or left open too long.  When they see the door open on its own.  They have to go check the door that it is locking and create a facilities service request form to have it checked out.  Apparently facilities doesn't believe security and security cant show them the tape....

The supervisor is off today.  I hope she is back tomorrow to tell me what the log said.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 HotSpot24

HotSpot24

Orb

• GS Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Does the activity seem to be connected to any particular door (s)?
There wasn't anything that could have read as a 'bar-code' for access?
Is there any way to remove all equipment in the 'unlocking door room', store it somewhere else for a day or two and conduct an investigation?

IF there is a way to cut the electrical power to just that door/room, I would see if you could investigate that area (while the power has been cut in that room) with rem. pods.

#5 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

View PostHotSpot24, on 06 December 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

Does the activity seem to be connected to any particular door (s)?
There wasn't anything that could have read as a 'bar-code' for access?
Is there any way to remove all equipment in the 'unlocking door room', store it somewhere else for a day or two and conduct an investigation?

IF there is a way to cut the electrical power to just that door/room, I would see if you could investigate that area (while the power has been cut in that room) with rem. pods.

The security guards here have told me of many things they have seen on camera or experienced on our campus.  They have told me that all floors in the main building, the 4th floor in my building and the bottom floor in the cafeteria building all give the guard on patrol the willies.  They hear strange sounds and feel like they are being watched or followed.

Numerous times they have had badge readers activate with a bogus name or previous employee (deceased / left the company for another job) at the front entrances in the middle of the night.  Cameras point at those doors all the time and no one is anywhere around the doors.

I have had 2 very specific things happen to me here at work on weekends that creeped me out.  But nothing bad.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostLouczar, on 05 December 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

... The thing they really dont like is that the doors they occasionally see open and close at night are badge access secured doors. ...

When you say 'open and close', are you just talking about the doors 'unlocking and locking' or are the doors actually swinging open and shut?

#7 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:48 AM

View PostTrue North, on 08 December 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

When you say 'open and close', are you just talking about the doors 'unlocking and locking' or are the doors actually swinging open and shut?

Security told me they have video of one of the "locked" doors that leads outside to the loading dock.  It was closed and locked when they got a door open audible alert.  They looked at the security camera and saw the door open all the way and then close and re-lock.  They went back to the video recorded seconds before it opened and saw that no one was there.  I have begged them for a copy of it!!!!
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 True North

True North

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

Definitely sounds like you guys got some company over there. If security ever gets footage of a mysterious someone make sure to get a good description. For example, make sure to ask if the person's face is visible or appears 'blacked out'.

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:48 PM

True north, interesting questions, do you think its more likely to be paranormal if the face is blacked out?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users