• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Lady Sorbus

Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:51 AM

Okay so everyone's pretty much decided that orbs are not true indications of paranormal phenomena.

But what if all other forms of proof were proven to be false?

Would you still believe? Could you believe? What would have to happen in order for you to believe?

#2 sicboy13

sicboy13

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Vampires, Drums, Music, My wife, Ghosts, UFO's, Conspiracies, any unexplainable

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:59 AM

I am glad you posted this conundrum.

I have pondered the thought that it just is plain not possible to photograph a ghost or a spirit.  Its not that hard to comprehend that its just not physically possible with our technology today capture a ghost on film.

I still believe whether or not I see a picture...

Edited by sicboy13, 20 December 2007 - 07:00 AM.

"WARNING: Persons denying the existence of Robots may be Robots themselves."  
Old Glory Insurance. For when the metal ones decide to come for you - and they will.

#3 mizzwaves

mizzwaves

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:ASIDE FROM BEING A SUPERNATURAL BUFF I WATCH A LOT OF MOVIES AND T.V. I MEAN A LOT. REALLY. A LOT. AS LONG AS IT'S GOOD, I'LL WATCH IT. OF COURSE ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS IS T.A.P.S. I REALLY DON'T GET NEARLY ENOUGH SLEEP SO I DO THAT WHENEVER I CAN. I HAVE THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS DREAMS SO I'M KINDA BIG INTO DREAM INTERPRETATION ALSO. I WOULD CALL MYSELF A SENSITIVE. I WON'T GET MAD IF YOU DON'T. I WENT A WHOLE WEEK ONCE IN A CONSTANT STATE OF DE JA VU. AS IF WHEN IT HAPPENS OCCASIONALLY ISN'T UNNERVING ENOUGH. ANYWAYS...THAT'S ME.

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:11 AM

What if the sky isn't really blue...Or what if the way I see blue isn't the way YOU see blue? OR EVEN BETTER....what if WE'RE all ghosts tyring to capture evidence of LIVE people? crud! My head just exploded.

P.S. I have seen 3 full blown apparitions in my life and if JESUS himself rode down from heaven (if there is such a thing) on a cloud with a silver lining and tried to tell me different, I'd call him a liar. I need NO MORE proof than what I have seen with my own two eyes.

Edited by mizzwaves, 20 December 2007 - 07:15 AM.

"NO GOOD WITHOUT EVIL...
NO INNOCENCE WITHOUT LUST...
NO LIGHT WITHOUT ME...
I AM DARKNESS"
THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS
FROM THE MOVIE LEGEND

#4 LuvMyWeinerDog

LuvMyWeinerDog

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(mizzwaves @ Dec 20 2007, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if the sky isn't really blue...Or what if the way I see blue isn't the way YOU see blue? .

AH HA!  I'm NOT the only person who has pondered exactly that question!!!

I've believed long before I've had any evidence to believe.  So to me, the evidence isn't really needed.  I know our souls live on after death.  I don't think it's a far reach for those same souls to be able to communicate with the living every now and then, in one form or another.  

The evidence that we think is evidence might in fact be absolutely nothing at all.  We'll all find out the truth when our time comes.

Unless there's nothing beyond, in which case it'll be a moot point by that time. But since I believe there is something beyond, I look forward to finding out the answers in due time.
In Loving Memory of My Brother Peter
August 29, 1967 - August 6, 2006

#5 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal interests include: Legends, poltergeists, spirits, spirit photography, urban myth, creatures, evps, horror/thriller movies.

Other interests: Poetry, writing, painting, drawing, music, sleeping, alcohol, gaming, shopping, clubbing.

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:53 AM

Help, help! This philosophical discussion is making my head asplode!

I personally don't 'believe' as such. I keep myself open to many, many possibilities. Having said that, I have experienced things that aren't too easily explained. Basically, I aint saying no, and I aint saying yes.

But as for orbs, I'm definately against them. They usually make me angry.

#6 LuvMyWeinerDog

LuvMyWeinerDog

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE(Porcelain @ Dec 20 2007, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But as for orbs, I'm definately against them. They usually make me angry.

**runs and hides stray orb photos**
laugh.gif
Have the orbs done something to you in the past, to make you angry with them?  happy.gif  whistling.gif

#7 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE(LuvMyWeinerDog @ Dec 20 2007, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**runs and hides stray orb photos**
laugh.gif
Have the orbs done something to you in the past, to make you angry with them?  happy.gif  whistling.gif

I think it can be just the way some people (especially on TV) get all giddy over what is obviously dust, or a reflection or...
I can easily see someone whose been led to believe that orbs are ALWAYS some thing, and then finds out they almost never are would be angry.

And how many times do we see people all happy and excited "It's my father", "it's my grandmother" when we KNOW that the particular orbs aren't anything special.  I hate seeing people all excited over something that's not true.  I can't even usually say... hey wait a minute I KNOW your loved one is with you, but the orb isn't them....

I get mad sometimes as how people on tv, are so happy to promote orbs as significant.... when with my photographic training and back ground I KNOW that the ones they are showing us are ordinary things.

#8 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal interests include: Legends, poltergeists, spirits, spirit photography, urban myth, creatures, evps, horror/thriller movies.

Other interests: Poetry, writing, painting, drawing, music, sleeping, alcohol, gaming, shopping, clubbing.

Posted 20 December 2007 - 08:58 AM

Well, I have never seen an orb photo that can't be explained. Dust, moisture, bugs, and foreign particles make up 99.999999% of orbs. I'm leaving that 0.0000001% chance just in case I'm wrong, though.

I just get sick of people waving photos around going ZOMG IT'S A GHOST ENERGY FORMING what the heck? when it's very clearly SOME DUST.

Now I'm all angry! *Throws shredded paper in the air*

#9 LuvMyWeinerDog

LuvMyWeinerDog

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(Porcelain @ Dec 20 2007, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I have never seen an orb photo that can't be explained. Dust, moisture, bugs, and foreign particles make up 99.999999% of orbs. I'm leaving that 0.0000001% chance just in case I'm wrong, though.

I just get sick of people waving photos around going ZOMG IT'S A GHOST ENERGY FORMING what the heck? when it's very clearly SOME DUST.

Now I'm all angry! *Throws shredded paper in the air*

I know what you actually meant...but that "orbs make me angry'" sentence just struck me as funny.  I had a visual of someone shaking their fist and yelling at a computer screen where an orb pic was displayed.  LOL! laugh.gif

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:10 AM

Hey you orbs!  *shakes fist*  Get the hell off my lawn!   wink.gif

The only real proof I can point to (aside from personal experiences, which only proves stuff to YOU) are EVP's, No one was around, they respond to questions.....they are coming from somewhere/someone that we can't see.

The majority of pics we have gotten that initially appeared to be paranormal can be explained by normal stuff
Posted Image

#11 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,535 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

Oh carp, now I gotta go shovel more orbs off the driveway and sidewalk....

"Hey! You orbs! Get off my property! " it isn't working.

#12 LuvMyWeinerDog

LuvMyWeinerDog

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Dec 20 2007, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey you orbs!  *shakes fist*  Get the hell off my lawn!   wink.gif

LOL!   th_sarcastic_blum.gif

The only real proof I can point to (aside from personal experiences, which only proves stuff to YOU) are EVP's, No one was around, they respond to questions.....they are coming from somewhere/someone that we can't see.

I wonder, how do we know that when we catch something we think is an "evp" that we're not actually picking up stray radio signals in little clippets?  
If the evp actually answers the questions presented to them, that's one thing.  That's impressive.  But many evps are just random words or phrases.  And we may THINK we know what they're saying, but most of them aren't so clear that we are positive.  It may, let's say, be a disc jockey from Green Bay saying "See him live!" during an ad for a upcoming concert but we catch a snippet of that (floating through the ether miles away) in the form of an evp and think it says "I'm alive!".

How do we KNOW that an evp is the voice of the spirit world?

I don't know if it's possible that this might be the case, but it IS something I've wondered about.

#13 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 12:40 PM

I agree with the whole orb thing.  It's just not a big whoop to see a picture with an orb to me.  If you want to see a really great orb, watch the Wizard Of Oz.  Glenda tavels in a gigantic orb!

Now I believe that is may be next to impossible to actually "capture" ghosts on film because I am of the opinion that they exist on a different plane of existance than ours.  There is a thin veil there of difference, but all the same, we cannot tap into or see into their realm of existance, unless...........

well, I believe that humans, especially those with psychic gifts, can cross that veil and tap into their realm.  I think that is why some people can see ghosts and others cannot, but even the occasional non-believer may be in the right place at the right time and be able to glimpse across the veil into their world.  I also believe that some can tap into them throught telepathy and/or see them clairvoyantly.

In other words, it cannot be caught on film, but only glimpsed with the naked eye when the elements are exactly right.

I have encountered my share of apparitions over the years and probably have seen hundreds.  I KNOW they exist.  I have seen them.  I do not have any proof positive or pictures of them.  All I have is first hand accounts of them and what I saw.

I don't think we are MEANT to film them.  I don't think the general public is ready to accept the fact that there is life after death and that spirits and ghosts do exist.....just like we are still kept in the dark about UFOs and aliens.  Those that have seen them know they exist.  

I just think one would have to invent a camera that can cross the veil, and I doubt that will be done for years.

As for me, I always have and always will swear there are ghosts and spirits, as I have SEEN them.

Blessed Be,

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#14 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:19 PM

There are a few impressive pics/videos out there far as evidence. There is the glowing blue figure at the top of the stairs that has been posted here before (as long as you believe the person who took the pic) and TAPS has had a few. The figure in the lighthouse that was running up the stairs in front of them? Not only was it captured on film, it was also calling to them! And there was the small shadow figure they caught darting behind a table and back real quick. And a few others as well. Visually impressive, and they go all out to explain them away first.
Posted Image

#15 VAgirl

VAgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Animals of all kinds, tarot,the paranormal, reading, Bob Marley,love my cats and slot machines. LOL

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

Can I get in line with all you orb haters? LOL  If I never see or capture another orb pic in my life it will be too soon. I've seen true orbs with my own eyes. Orbs that cast their own light, and I was lucky enough to snap a pic of it, but ya know, so what? They are balls of energy,period. What kind of energy no one can say. To call it def "paranormal/ghost energy" is bunk.

If all ghost pics and footage in the world were proven to be false I'd still have no problem believing (sp) based on my own personal experiences and what I have actually seen.

I think Amethyst has a great point as well as Vlawde. There is so much about the paranormal to ponder and the possibilities are endless.

Great question BTW!!  wink.gif

#16 Ubriaca

Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE(Vlawde @ Dec 20 2007, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are a few impressive pics/videos out there far as evidence. There is the glowing blue figure at the top of the stairs that has been posted here before (as long as you believe the person who took the pic) and TAPS has had a few. The figure in the lighthouse that was running up the stairs in front of them? Not only was it captured on film, it was also calling to them! And there was the small shadow figure they caught darting behind a table and back real quick. And a few others as well. Visually impressive, and they go all out to explain them away first.

Where can I find that blue pic?

Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#17 RoseIsRain

RoseIsRain

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

Well honestly, I've catpured some unusually bright orbs before (night time, no reflective surfaces, no lights as far as the eye can see, etc...). Those kinds of orbs I can believe.
But 98% of them look like dust, moisture, etc.
Sometimes you can't just dismiss it THAT quickly, otherwise you might miss something important.
But anyway, I would 100% still believe.

Edited by RoseIsRain, 20 December 2007 - 07:48 PM.

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(Ubriaca @ Dec 20 2007, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where can I find that blue pic?

here is a link to the website. It's about the investigation, the links to the pics are towards the bottom, Ghost photo a, B etc

http://www.missourighosts.net/investigations05g.html

The person who took the picture posted it here several years ago, told the story and we had several pages of exchanges, questions etc. I chose to believe him.

Edited by Vlawde, 20 December 2007 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Porcelain

Porcelain

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:19 AM

Hey you orbs! *shakes fist* Get the hell off my lawn!

Actually, that's more or less it.
*Waves cane around* ORBS! ORBS EVERYWHERE!

#20 lorddraven2000

lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,154 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:29 AM

I would not say everyone has decided that about orbs. I myself still consider them to be a very big aspect of paranormal research. Not all orbs can be proven false therefore we still need to look at them a little bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users