Nature Sprits Explained By Taps

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 borntolive

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal and spiritual.<br />Drawing and painting.<br />Animals and birds.<br />Helping people

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:51 AM

Hi all,

I found this of the TAPS official site and found it very interesting.TAPS official site
I think it exists, we all have had a strange pic now and then that we took in nature.
How many did say that (what you thought was a ghost) it was an animal of some sorts.
Strange things can be heard in the dark at night in nature.
I have had some things happening when I was out there at night that I never could quite put a finger on
that make sense now though.

Well anyways here is the first page on Dryads,  Ellyllon, Gnomes, Jimaninos, Menehunas, Portunes, Pixies,
Sylphs, Tengu, Undines,  Zips:

Nature Spirits Class A

Here is the 2nd page on; Bean-Tighe,  Boggarts,  Brownies  laugh.gif (not the eatable kind), Cluricaune, Duergar,
Knockers, Kobold, Leprechaun, Massariol, Monaciello, Pamarindo, Red Cap  sad.gif , Rubezahl, Wilde Frauen (wild woman);

Nature Sprits Class B

Here is the 3th page on;  Beansidhe, Brown Men, Cailleac Bhuer, Corrigans, Glaistig (men watch out  wink.gif ), Guagach,
Gwragedd Annwn, Leanansidhe,  Lorelei, Ly Erg  mellow.gif , Moerae, Mother Holle, Nixen, Nymphs  wub.gif , Peg O’Neill,
Tuatha de Danann, Vilas, Yan-An-Od:

Nature Spirits Class C

The 4th page is about: Basilisk (he Harry Potter wasn't correct  down.gif ), Erdluitle, Fir Darrigs, Gitto, Glashtin, Grant,
Gremlins, Ieles (I will never look at crossroads the same  blink.gif ), Kelpies, Mermaids/Mermen, Moss People,
Nucklelavees, Phookas (glad I don't have a chimney  ermm.gif ), Selkies, Urusks,  Wag-By-The-Way:

Nature Spirits Class D

Now I know some of it sounds like fairytale beings but think about it, think back to the chupacabra and that demon thingy in the cave. I bet that now they make a little more sense..............right?

Let me know what you think about these so called nature spirits, I would love to heard
everyones opinions.

Edited by borntolive, 09 January 2008 - 03:58 AM.

My Signature

Dreams happen to us.
        We do not dream.
                We are dreamt ~ Carl Jung.

Love lookes not with the eyes, but with the heart ~ W. Shakespear

#2 Guest_ellsbeth_*

• Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:26 AM

Yes, there are lots. I am glad they classified them .
My favorite book about Nature Spirits is "The Findhorn Garden", a true story.
Thanks for the info.

#3 Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:14 AM

I've believed all of those spirits exist already. Didn't need TAPS' official seal of existence.
My Signature

#4 RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:08 AM

I found this to be informative and interesting, tho' I am well aware of the nature spirits, (ya don't work magick for long without getting to know them.) One that you mentioned that I did not see anything written about on the TAPS site  is the Calliech buer. I believe this is of Scottish/Manx origin and all I can tell you is if you see her, run like Hell!!!

I am only kidding. She is the Crone Goddess, the Samhain Goddess, and "old hag" archetype . She is believed to have control over the seasons and the weather. Her totems are the raven and the crow, her cycle is the waning moon and her season of power is winter. She is also associated with apples, (as are a lot of the "old wise ones").

Callieach (CALL-y'ach) is a generic Gaelic name meaning "old woman", she is Hag of the Beare in the Highlands and Carlin in the lowlands, Cally Berry in Northern Ireland, Black Annis in England and Calliech ny Groamch on th Isle of Man. In fairey stories she is the triple goddess although patriarchy has demoted her to an evil fairy who resembles the traditional Halloween witch. She is now depicted as having a black and blue face, one large eye in the middle of her head, green teeth, tangled white hair and a prounounced Dowager's hump. The wisdom of the ages say that we shuold learn to love her and not fear her, to seek her out when we have need of her wisdom, although some say it is best to leave her alone, she should be treated with the respect that her age and wisdom have earned.
heart.gif
Ravenheart

My Signature

#5 Mistypoo

Pookie Hunter

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,326 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

I'm a believer in nature spirits as well. It's hard to explain why, I guess, as I have no real personal experience, but I still do.
My Signature

#6 borntolive

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal and spiritual.<br />Drawing and painting.<br />Animals and birds.<br />Helping people

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:36 PM

I'm glad to see there are believers out there.
To me it was a enlightenment because now I understand!
I think there have to be lots more that aren't mentioned (I feel that anyways).
I think the ones that are not mentioned are the helpers, they help travelers in trouble.....or just help
anyone who is in need of assistance (but maybe they are our guardians).
I wish I knew for sure, I always wanted to know but the mystique about it is somewhat nice to.

My Signature

Dreams happen to us.
        We do not dream.

#7 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 10 January 2008 - 11:46 AM

Never met one. Although I wouldn't mind meeting a hot mermaid...And the scrappy doo fighter in me says BRING ON THE PHOOKAS! LET ME AT EM LET!!! ME AT EM!!!And the goofy side of me says I hope to meet a Red Cap one day...Since he's only 3 feet tall...it shouldn't be too hard to steal his knife and be like "watcha got now?" And then use him as a football and kick a fieldgoal...I for got, I also wouldn't mind hanging out with a drunk Leprechaun...So we can go all over Dublin screaming " HEARTS STARS CLOVERS! DIAMONDS AND BALLOONS!"
My Signature
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#8 Guest_ellsbeth_*

• Guests

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

No, it is green clovers, pink hearts and orange stars...

Anyway, nature spirits are as real as the angels. The Earth has its own hierarchy, just as human beings do.
Mostly they are called "devas".

Why did the Ancient cultures include animals, ect in their gods/goddesses.
Because they respected them.

Chantie

#9 cleyranratgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Any art that reveals what is hidden (numerology, astrology, psychology, palmistry, hypnosis, etc.) Japanese food, manga/anime, cats, corsets, coincidences, techno or rock music (although I mostly gave up on music long ago), play station games... that's all I can think of for now.

Posted 12 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

Wow. Thnak you for this post! It's like a miniature fountain of information.

#10 borntolive

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

(The more I reed about them the more it makes sense to me that they are here.
Because we can't simply be alone on this planet, and where would all the myths and old wifes tales come from?)

When I walked with my dog late at night last night (when all was calm)
I took a minute to really "look" (and hear)  nature that surrounded me.
And at that time I felt like I was not alone and that I was protected, try it.
And by feel I mean really "feel" it.
It was almost like something spoke to me.
It was a very beautiful moment and it touched me in an emotional way as well.
When we walked home even my dog was acting different she was calm and kept looking back
for some reason.
I think that I will try to do this more and see if I am aloud to "feel" that way again.

I hope that some of you will get that same feeling end experience as well
and hope you will let me know.

My Signature

Dreams happen to us.
        We do not dream.

#11 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 14 January 2008 - 10:07 PM

Not sure how much I believe in such things but these classifications have been around for some time actually. TAPS may have altered a little here and there but for the most part they are the same ones that we have seen for quite some time
My Signature

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com