3 replies to this topic

#1 seantastic

seantastic

Orb

• GS Member
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Living the Dream

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:15 AM

Won a trip for three days and two nights at Williamsburg, Virginia.  Was wondering if anyone could recommend the best ghost tour to take while I'm out there?

Thanks,

Sean

#2 Dami

Dami

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

There is one at the William & Mary college that's pretty decent. Show up around 5 and walk campus...there will be a stand where you can buy tickets and meet the tour guides first.

Also, since you'll be really close...go to the Edgewood Plantation if you can. Its a SMALLLLLL little B&B, but the owners are just the nicest people EVER. They make a mean breakfast non grata, and will make reservations for you. They're just awesome people.

The top room in the house is the nicest, but "lizzies quarters" is where we stayed. I'm not a sensetive by any means, I don't think. But the vibe in that room was just horrible. Apparently "LIzzie" died in that room waiting for her fiancee, and he died in the war before he could get home to her. If you look on the window facing the highway, on the bottom pane you'll see that she traced her name in the window so many times sitting there waiting, that she actually carved her name in the glass.  

Anyway, we stayed there on our honeymoon......and the vibe was just BAD.  I didn't put two and two together until later, but on our first night there, after about 3-4 hours there, I literally ran from the room, out into the garden, and tried to get my husband to have our marriage annulled!  

The owners were so nice about it they offered us another room, saying that this had happened before. We tried the other room and everything was copacetic then!  We got some interesting pix there too!
Everyone Needs a Family Sanitorium...

“The wages of coming through life unscathed....is going through life untouched."    --  me.

#3 Dami

Dami

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

here's the Edgewood Plantation front view:

Here's the left upper window (at Lizzie's quarters) cropped closer

And what I see. I mainly immediately see the big face in the upper left quadrant. But others have pointed out more "faces"

Everyone Needs a Family Sanitorium...

“The wages of coming through life unscathed....is going through life untouched."    --  me.

#4 fbjewels

fbjewels

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:My kids, Reading, the Paranormal, Useless Movie Trivia

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:24 PM

I've never taken the "haunts of williamsburg" tour, but I know several people who have, and were not impressed.  I'd skip that one if I were you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users