Can Ghost Be "sensed"?

• You cannot reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic

#1 Laurnabeth

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

Im new so if this has allready been here...sorry.

Ok.

I just have a topic I would love to discuss with everyone.

OK. I have a cemetrey right next to my house. Some tomb stones are as recent as 2005 and some are in german and are so old the dates arent visable. There was a church that stood in front of the cemetery many years ago, but was burnt down. The house we live in was the preachers house. So anyway my point is that after all that has happened around my house and all the tombs in the graveyard I never ever feel anything bad there. I walk therough it alot and I feel at ease and very peaceful.

Can ordinary people sense ghost?

Can they tell if there not the only one there?

Can ghost put something off so you cant tell they are there if they dont want you to?

My Signature
Posted Image

#2 Guest_ellsbeth_*

• Guests

Posted 20 January 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(Laurnabeth @ Jan 20 2008, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im new so if this has allready been here...sorry.

Ok.

I just have a topic I would love to discuss with everyone.

OK. I have a cemetrey right next to my house. Some tomb stones are as recent as 2005 and some are in german and are so old the dates arent visable. There was a church that stood in front of the cemetery many years ago, but was burnt down. The house we live in was the preachers house. So anyway my point is that after all that has happened around my house and all the tombs in the graveyard I never ever feel anything bad there. I walk therough it alot and I feel at ease and very peaceful.

Can ordinary people sense ghost?

Can they tell if there not the only one there?

Can ghost put something off so you cant tell they are there if they dont want you to?

If you are in a place with a lot of activity, I would say most people would feel it. Perhaps a cold feeling, but lots just don't. Your cemetary may not really be active a lot. But I bet on certain holidays and anniversaries it might.
If it is an older one---
If a newer one, the most activity would be sensed after a funeral. It sounds creepy, but possibly your best bet.

Hope this helps

#3 Ghoul87

Daemon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

It's really hard to say. Many people claim to "feel" certain sensations in relation to paranormal activity but you cannot rule out that these instances are just the human nervous system having a reaction to anxiety or fear. The second you start to get nervous or scared, your senses work harder, and a piece of lint floating in the air that brushes on your bare skin can feel like a finger or a hand. Getting chills up your spine and feeling cold can also be explained naturally.

Just because you don't feel anything doesn't mean that there isn't activity there. And on the other hand, if you WERE feeling certain things, it doesn't necessarily mean that there are spirits there.

If you are truly interested in finding out, you can take pictures, video, or record audio, but first you have to ask yourself if you really want to find out if something is on your property.

#4 RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Ghoul87 @ Jan 21 2008, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's really hard to say. Many people claim to "feel" certain sensations in relation to paranormal activity but you cannot rule out that these instances are just the human nervous system having a reaction to anxiety or fear. The second you start to get nervous or scared, your senses work harder, and a piece of lint floating in the air that brushes on your bare skin can feel like a finger or a hand. Getting chills up your spine and feeling cold can also be explained naturally.

Just because you don't feel anything doesn't mean that there isn't activity there. And on the other hand, if you WERE feeling certain things, it doesn't necessarily mean that there are spirits there.

first you have to ask yourself if you really want to find out if something is on your property.

I could not agree with you more, Ghoul87. I think fear has it's purpose, but if you are afraid of something bad happening to you all of time perhaps then, ghost hunting isn't worth doing for you, (at that point in time). I am not saying that it's wrong to have a little fear or to get a bit anxious, but if it is something you have difficulty controlling, perhaps it would be best to get that under control first. Also it is good no matter what we are doing if we remain aware that we are human and bound to make mistakes sometimes.

Nice thread/post!
heart.gif
Ravenheart

My Signature

#5 Laurnabeth

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

I really don't want to find anything. That would be bad...lol.

That was just one of the many questions I had floating around in my head regarding the paranormal.

I hope nothing is on my property...

My Signature
Posted Image

#6 Morning_Glory_

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:55 PM

My son gets goosebumps when he's someplace where there's activty, he's not psychic but he gets goosebumps and the hair on the back of his neck stands up.

#7 Lady Sorbus

Offical GS Headshrinker

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing, history, paranormal, symbology, theatre, cinema, Knights Templar, classic cartoons (none of the rubbish out there now), shamanism and witchcraft

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:30 AM

I'm one of the possible few who do not believe there's any sort of hauntings at a cemetery; at least of the variety we're all used to. People don't generally die in a cemetery, so I think those spirits/ghosts that are felt there are passing through. So in my opinion, if you ever do have any unexplained events in your home, they're just spirits passing through your house because it's in their way.
My Signature

#8 Laurnabeth

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(Lady Sorbus @ Jan 21 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm one of the possible few who do not believe there's any sort of hauntings at a cemetery; at least of the variety we're all used to. People don't generally die in a cemetery, so I think those spirits/ghosts that are felt there are passing through. So in my opinion, if you ever do have any unexplained events in your home, they're just spirits passing through your house because it's in their way.

Wow. I never really thought of it that way. That makes alot of sense.
My Signature
Posted Image

#9 Guest_ellsbeth_*

• Guests

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:28 PM

Have you thought of doing "rubbings" of the illegible ones (tombstones)? you might find a bit of local history.
And that in itself would be a nice find.

#10 Laurnabeth

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(ellsbeth @ Jan 21 2008, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you thought of doing "rubbings" of the illegible ones (tombstones)? you might find a bit of local history.
And that in itself would be a nice find.

That is a marvelous idea! Would anyone like to see the results to that?

My Signature
Posted Image

#11 lorddraven2000

Extra Terrestrial

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts
  • Interests:I am director of Dravenstar Paranormal research Team out of eastern Kentucky. I have over 10 years of research under me. Other than paranormal work I dabble in writing and am also a very accomplished bass player.

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

I think they can in fact be sensed. I myself get a feeling that I just can't explain when in the pressence of paranormal activity
My Signature

#12 lilclairey2010

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:28 AM

personally, i think ghosts are sensed by everyone, just some stronger than others. if you are spiritually open(is that the correct term?) then i think you'll understand more about the way you are feeling and that there's obviously a ghost near by. where as someone who isn't, will more than likely get the same feeling, stronger or weaker like all of us. only they won't think of a reason as to why they feel like that. they'll probably put it down to a strange feeling that just came out of nowhere.

when i lived at my last address, everyone felt like they were being watched when they were near the stairs, especially when going up them. my mam would only go to the toilet in desperation(it was upstairs) and she lived 23 miles away from me lol. it was the worst feeling i've ever came across, but i've said in previous posts that it was an evil spirit/ghost whatever it was.

it's like you can walk into a room and get a weird feeling about it, you could fall in love with it or instantly hate it. i can tell if there's a ghost in a room when i walk in...what is that called? just sensing them, or has it got a specific name? i don't know what it is, but we are all have feelings and sometimes they can't be explained. i'm not making sense anymore i've wrote too much
My Signature

Posted Image

Created by Silent Walker

#13 Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:33 PM

Your post raises an interesting question.  

I don't sense ghosts at all.  I don't feel any different when I know a ghost is around.  I know they are there sometimes because I can hear them, or see them or feel a sensation they have caused ie  a breeze going past in a closed up room, a smell or perfume, a touch ect.  I also have the ability to speak with and see spirits linked to living people when I hold a piece of their jewellery and concentrate.  I have lived in many haunted houses and in one the activity was so intense it could be described as poltergiest activity.  When any of these things happen I don't feel any different, which makes me wonder if the ghosts "manufacture" that feeling to let people know they are there.  That way they wouldn't have to bother with me because I know they are there anyway?????  Just my 2c.

Thanks for the topic.  It is very thought provoking.
My Signature

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com