27 replies to this topic

#21 Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

This house is amazing! Property value is too high on this side of the tracks to find anything as cool as that.
If this house was in LA we would restore it.

I still don't know though, could it just be a trick of the eye, this light?
Perhaps on your way home one evening you can take a photo of the light?
Just from the street of course.

It is still dark there early, right?
How often does it happen?
My Signature
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#22 Ectoplazzum

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

It appears that there is at least SOME glass left in a couple of the windows.  Could it be that you are seeing a reflection of a light somewhere in the neighborhood reflecting in what is left of the glass, and it only LOOKS like the light is inside the house?  Just a thought.

Elle

#23 Dami

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:04 PM

HOLY COW.  I think that I'm MORE flabberghasted by the fact that someone would try to restore that house, than the fact that I'm seeing a light in it!!

We live in a really nice area with two of the highest rated golf courses in the country, the beautiful Spring River rolling through, and a really sweet (we still have ice cream socials) community. And....here's just an example of what you can get for about $60,000. This house is on the lakefront with walking distance to the north golf course, and its for sale at betwee 60-65:

Oh, and Elle, no, I don't think its possible. I'm not being stubborn, its just that it appears in the very center of the main room. And all that's there is an old torn piece of screen...  I'll try to get a pic of it, it gets dark here aroudn 5:30 - 6:00.

My Signature

Everyone Needs a Family Sanitorium...

"The wages of coming through life unscathed....is going through life untouched." --  me.

#24 Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,037 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:33 AM

60 K for a house?? Holy crud!!! Even with the housing market going down the toilet, homes around here at the cheapest are in the upper 200 thousands, most are 300-500 K
My Signature
Posted Image

#25 Gizmo

Gremlin

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:08 AM

Hey, thanks for taking and sharing the pics!  That is interesting.  And yeah, I don't see why anyone would put security lighting up in or around that.
My Signature

Posted Image

#26 Ubriaca

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, reading, writing, fashion, design

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(Dami @ Jan 23 2008, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY COW.  I think that I'm MORE flabberghasted by the fact that someone would try to restore that house, than the fact that I'm seeing a light in it!!

We live in a really nice area with two of the highest rated golf courses in the country, the beautiful Spring River rolling through, and a really sweet (we still have ice cream socials) community. And....here's just an example of what you can get for about $60,000. This house is on the lakefront with walking distance to the north golf course, and its for sale at betwee 60-65:

Dang! That house with all that yard would be an easy 600-800k here on the coast! Not joking. My duplex with one studio (mine) and a two bd, 1 bath upstairs, is going for $1.4 million, on a half lot here in Manhattan Beach, CA.
I look forward to your photos of the light!
My Signature
Follow Me On Twitter: @ChandraMischief

#27 Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:01 AM

Man! Is there a way to buy that and like, Move it to the coast? Like I don't know, Take the chunk of land it's sitting on and plant it on Some empty lot in La Jolla?
My Signature
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#28 Kiwilady

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Wow, I'd love to have something like that in my area!!  Is there any chance of you getting a pic when the "light" is on?
My Signature

Kiwilady Kiwilady

Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

http://hauntedauckland.com

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com