• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:39 AM

If the ghost radar you guys are talking about is the one that tells you to walk a few paces here and there and then starts beeping when a ghost is detected... that's definitely a just for fun app!

Posted Image

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#22 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,190 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:46 AM

It's different..has a radar scope
Posted Image

#23 siguie

siguie

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

Oh I really quite liked Ghost Radar :yes: The random words are generated from a list you can alter which I liked and presumably the random seed is tied to the XYZ coordinates of the compass chip.

What's really cool is the "radar" sorta works ... kind of :yes: There is EMF everywhere from multiple sources so if you want to test it you should place the phone/tablet down on a solid non-conductive surface away from any metal and give it a minute or two to equiebrate. What it does is assume you have no ghosts and figures out how much fields are fluctuating in the vicinity and kind of zeroes them out. After that if you add a strong EMF field like from a pair of earphones turned on {it's what I used} and place it near the device it will pick it up BUT give it a sec since there is something like  a 10 second sweep time.

Anyways, it is a lot of fun :yes: Also it really can detect EMF but most phones only have a single compass chip so you can get a direction to an EMF source but there's really no way to get distance though to be fair it really can't detect anything much beyond a metre ... atleast not on my phone,

Oh and yeah all of these apps are for "entertainment purposes only" but that doesn't mean you can't repurpose them :no:
- siguie -

#24 Kwekwe

Kwekwe

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:25 AM

I think they are novelty apps for fun tho have to say I've gotten some seemingly interesting responses from the Spirit box app. I take it with a grain of salt but still fun to try it and see what you get. The one I've played with was FREE so that's a plus :)

Edited by Kwekwe, 23 May 2016 - 08:25 AM.

Gravesend Paranormal Group https://www.youtube....LnoD411Cx2IgEbA

#25 jimmythebroom

jimmythebroom

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, Love my two rescue dogs. My family and close friends. All types of music and always taking the high road <3

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

I scoffed with everyone else at so-called cell phone ghost hunter apps. However one in particular seemed to garner lots of positive reviews so I tried it a while back. I don't want to include the name as I don't want it to appear that I'm selling something or promoting a particular app.
Here is my take on said app after countless hours of use. About 90% random word generation...7% complete silence ...About 3% of the time, something takes hold of this and comes through. While looking for an extension cord because my electric sander cord was too short it said, "Cord, short, search."
Another time I had it on my kitchen table and it said, "Phone, scissors, iPad, flower."
And that was exactly what was on the table next to it. The question is, coincidence or is something else going on here? I have no way of proving this to anyone, however based on this experience I have a difficult time saying coincidence. Maybe the app is somehow utilizing my mic and camera to pick specific relevant words? Or... I don't know.
As an FYI, when these occurrences happened, I wasn't asking any questions of the app, I just had it running as I went about my day.
This was my experience... Not sure exactly how to explain this, but thanks for reading. :)
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

#26 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:44 AM

Jimmy, that is certainly an interesting result! Is it 'viewing' your location i.e. using your camera?
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#27 jimmythebroom

jimmythebroom

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, Love my two rescue dogs. My family and close friends. All types of music and always taking the high road <3

Posted 17 July 2016 - 03:38 AM

Hi earthlydelites,
It's hard to say for sure but I suppose that's one possible explanation.  Another time, I had it running on my desk in work, flat on the desk as the phone was charging. We have a large map of North America on the wall on the opposite side of the room. I happen to be looking at something on the map at the moment and it said "America, guide."  Now this is a pretty large room that is our office and the phone being flat on my desk on the other side of the room I just don't see how the camera would have been able to see what I was doing where I was standing. And I was alone so I didn't vocalize out loud anything about the map so I just don't know.
Now please keep in mind, I don't want to give the impression that this thing is always on the money. Like I said, a majority of the time it's just random, or at least to me, random words that don't really seem to mean anything at all. And sometimes dead silence. But every once in a while it just hits the bull's-eye and it makes me wonder exactly what is happening.
It's definitely very interesting and hard to keep chalking it up to coincidence.  While it seems kind of corny to consider that a spirit can manipulate an iPhone or any phone for that matter, who are we to decide what a spirit can or cannot manipulate?  
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Always a pleasure :)
Have a beautiful day and a great week!
Jimmy
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users