61 replies to this topic

#41 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

I've tried EM pumps... No real benefit came from it that I could tell.

#42 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 14 August 2016 - 04:24 PM

Okay thanks, it was just a thought I've wondered about.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#43 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:27 AM

A EM pump is magnetic. Your idea with arcing a taser would ionize the immediate area similar to lightning but a fraction of the intensity. So were you interested in the arcing noise as a base for EVP or the ionization of the area?

#44 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

More for ionization. I thought, if they had more energy to draw from, that they'd find it easier to create an EVP.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#45 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

I've done em pumps too.   Rather,  other people have around me.   Then I run across it and realize where the nausea,  shadows and brain fog has been coming from all night. They don't seem to have any effect on EVP at all.   It seems to me the more confident someone is that they are "good at EVP"  the more and better theirs are.   It's sort of a chicken and egg conundrum.   Are they confident at it because they get regular class As or do they get regular class As because they believe they will?
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#46 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:13 AM

Not sure about confidence, but intent sure plays a roll.

There are room ionizers, I think that would be a better device... it is a interesting idea.

#47 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,534 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:11 AM

I've investigated with people who tend to get great EVPs where others in the same location did not. No fakery involved. I think maybe some people may just attract the activity, others not so much. I fall in the middle to low end...get some occasionally but not very often
Posted Image

#48 siguie

siguie

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

I have a couple of ionizing air purifiers running pretty much all of the time and I made a couple of EM-pumps,  I'm also planning on getting a couple of "tesla lighters' they ignite things using high voltage sparks. As mentioned previously no EVPs caught ever *sigh*
- siguie -

#49 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:42 AM

After 5 months of testing I am wondering if EVP's are real or not. I know lots of people swear blind that they capture stuff and I have seen many programes and video clips of people getting EVP's but it's just not working out.
With a sceptical mind this only reinforces the notion that EVP's are not real, or it's just plain pareidolia due to the quality of equipment being used or ambient noises.

I do feel disheartened and frustrated but this just proves that I need to keep trying. Just like early pioneers in sciences who kept plodding on until eventually they had success sometimes months or years later.

I did visit the home of Beatrix Potter a few weeks back in the Lake District and managed to get the bedroom all to my self for about a minute and I did a quick EVP session and I thought I had caught something on review when I got back home but I think it might be something else. Now Beatrix Potter is a children author who lived many decades ago and dies 22 December 1943. Her home is now run by the UK's National Trust and this little place is always swapped by tourists from all over the works. Her house is tiny with only 5  room accessible and you are given a strict allocated time slot to entry the home and walk around it as there are thousands of visitors a day.
So I managed to get alone in the bedroom as all the other visitors had moved onto the next room, so I started to record and did a quick EVP for approx 60 seconds before the next group of visitors came into the room.
I had placed the recorder on the bed and asked away. At the end of the session there is a lot of static just after my last 2 questions. There is no voices though but just a little strange that the noise is there.

#50 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:01 AM

I do think many EVP's...especially some on paranormal TV shows...are likely pareidolia or sounds that are not a voice that are misinterpreted. But I have gotten ones that directly comment on what I'm doing or give a direct response to what I'm saying. And have heard EVPs recorded by others that were pretty clear and relevant to what they were asking.

But even on some relatively clear ones, I usually hear something a bit different than what others say it is. I don't hear as many syllables, different intonation etc. So to at least some degree, it's a matter of interpretation as well
Posted Image

#51 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:26 PM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 05 September 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

But even on some relatively clear ones, I usually hear something a bit different than what others say it is. I don't hear as many syllables, different intonation etc. So to at least some degree, it's a matter of interpretation as well

Just like when speaking to a person with a different accent.

I struggle to understand some accents especially a heavy Scottish accent. Once I had to fly up to this Ministry of Defence establishment in Scotland to sort out some IT issues with some equipment and afterwards I went out to a local bar with 2 of the local IT boys but they had such strong accents I just kept nodding and saying "Yeah" all night as I did not have a clue what they were talking about.

I have to also say that when listening to the TV Shows, by the time the EVP has been amplified and tweaked, then re-encoded for broadcasting I have no idea what it might be saying and sometimes I hear it different to what they are saying.

#52 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:03 PM

Capt,Z

If you would (or anyone) . When you have a sec, at any quiet place. Turn on your recorder and do a short 30 sec EVP session. Say, my name is ____, ask what ever else you want (one of my favs ~" how many are here?) and very important, mention "CDS says Hello". Leave a few seconds between responses. Then if your into it, send me the file. :crazy:

#53 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

So your internet name is known in the spirit world? ;)
Posted Image

#54 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:40 AM

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 07 September 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

So your internet name is known in the spirit world? ;)

Yes Vlawde. I've done this test before... ^_^

So... Do you think it (the spirit world) is connected?

Edited by CDS, 08 September 2016 - 02:42 AM.

#55 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

Some people get evps and some people don't.   After years (more than a decade)  I have a handful of clear,  class A evps captured mostly when I've left a recorder of some sort running in an empty room (obviously with controlled access).   But others around me have captured amazing things.   I have heard,  clearly and distinctly,  my own father's voice (I wish I had those but the person who captured them is notorious for not following up with evidence).   I've heard a man speaking louder and more clearly than anyone physically in the room in direct response to questions when there have only been women in the building.   I've heard other direct,  clear,  repeated responses to questions in context.

Are there people who desperately make something out of nothing?   Yes.   Are there instances where it's explainable noise?   Most of the time.   But once you get a real class A under tightly controlled conditions there is no mistaking it and no more doubt.
Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#56 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

Here we are a few more months down the line and still I have had no EVP's during my testing and researching.

I am entering a type of funny fuzzy area of scepticism and I must be in the latter group of what Tantric said "Some people get evps and some people don't."  and this fuzziness of  scepticism shows that either EVP's don't exist or they do however I can not get them. A quandary for sure.

I have really held off going around lots of cemeteries or supposed haunted places and my original basis of testing was to test the theroies:....
1) If my equipment was capable of recording radio frequency crosstalk and other interference that could be the basis of EVP's out in the open.
2) If my equipment was capable of recording radio frequency crosstalk and other interference that could be the basis of EVP's in a Faraday cage and sound insulated container.
3) If my equipment was capable of recording EVP out in the open at non-haunted locations
4) If my equipment was capable of recording EVP in a Faraday cage and sound insulated container at non-haunted locations
5) If my equipment was capable of recording EVP out in the open at haunted locations
6) If my equipment was capable of recording EVP in a Faraday cage and sound insulated container at haunted locations

I have concluded that...
For 1 and 2 that my equipment has no picked up and stray radio transmissions or crosstalk after approx 200hrs of recordings.
For 3 and 4 my equipment has not picked up and EVP despite approx 200hrs of recordings. Now either my equipment is not up to the job or I am just 100% unlucky (which is probably the reason)
For 5 and 6 I went to 2 cemeteries but again I picked up nothing despite 15hrs of recordings.Now either my equipment is not up to the job or I am just 100% unlucky (which is probably the reason again)
I am being hopeful that one day I shall get something but I am slowly turning into a hopeful sceptic.

So for future plans after nearly one year of testing is to try again and also find someone else in my local area who is interested in joining with me on this adventure, so I am going to have to try and tweak my website so I can get higher in search results when people search for "paranormal and Worcestershire". I am running a SEO package on my Wordpress site but I just don't listed in the first several pages on Google and find irrelevant crud that is not paranormal above my in the search rankings. Oh woe is the Google Algorithm

If anyone has some advice for me I am gladly accept it on how I can get an EVP (or how I can move into the former Tantric group of "Some people get evps and some people don't." )

#57 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

Like Tantric said, it's different for different people. I've known folks who get tons with no problem, some that can't get any. I fall on the low end of the spectrum, I get a few, but not many. It may be that certain recorders work better than others too. My Olympus works pretty good, most of my former team had the same model. Some other brands not so well. Just saw an unused portion of a recent Kindred Spirits show, they like to use a Panasonic recorder circa the 1990's because they get better results with it
Posted Image

#58 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:28 AM

My 2 recorders are just ones off eBay with an 8GB capacity. They are sensitive as I get a test recording for CDS a few months back and you could her the clock ticking in the kitchen whereas with my ears I can not here the clock unless I am right under it.
I also have used 2 old Sony Xperia Mobile Phones to record and also play the white noise.

I do think I shall have to push the boundaries a bit and visit suspected haunted location or locations where spirits might congregate (eg churches, cemetries and old buildings etc)

#59 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

So now that I've said that some people do and some people don't we've had a week of getting stuff.

I'm going to get the audio files from my partner in crime and post them (one in particular is interesting).  

Maybe it's a matter of persistence and openness.   We have been working with a specific purpose for a number of weeks,  experimenting with different recorders (we have enough between the two of us),  experimenting with different locations and circumstances and,  the one I think actually did it,  asked finally that our lookouts (guides and whatnot)  step back and allow interaction.

We've recorded a lot.   A lot that could be audio pareidolia,  some that's distinctly evp but seriously low quality and one that's absolutely unmistakable... to the point we think we know who it is (but not why or how because it's ridiculous).
Posted Image

#60 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • 11,534 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

Looking forward to hearing those! The one you mentioned at the end that you think you know who it is...someone you personally know, or??
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users