• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 04 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

Hello All,

I was playing with my Gitup Git2 camera yesterday and was trying to make a IR Pass Filter for it as currently the camera is full spectrum, so looking to block all visible light and just allow the IR and now this got me thinking on the science bit again....
Now if a spirit exists and manages to materialise some what, then what light frequency is best for capturing.

Does anybody know of any studies that have been carried out with UV,Visible,IR

I suppose it would be hard at the best of time to capture stuff on camera, but do full spectrum cameras capture possibly more that just visible light camera?

Going by my mother-in-laws experience of her seeing an apparition in her bedroom and when it slowly faded out, could it just been moving through different light frequencies ie visible to uv or visible to ir and therefore outside oue range of eye vision (hence the fade)

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:51 AM

I don't know of any studies about that. If you take into the accounts of animals being able to see ghosts or spirits, when people who are in the same room can't, it tends to add credence to there being able to drift through different frequencies of light.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

Don't Mess With Me

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

Very interesting Capt Zeanie - I will check during the weekend to see if I can find anything regarding this. You pose a great question.

View PostMacCionoadha, on 04 July 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

I don't know of any studies about that. If you take into the accounts of animals being able to see ghosts or spirits, when people who are in the same room can't, it tends to add credence to there being able to drift through different frequencies of light.
A year ago Memorial Day my husband, daughter & myself were placing flags on the burial sites of the people who have given their lives so we can live ours The ultimate sacrifice.  Anyway I heard this tiny meow coming from a drainage pipe. (in some of the older cemeteries here the remaining family members care for their loved one's site ie cutting the grass, weeding, watering  etc. They didn't have any perpetual care options then (at least here anyway) This little cat was someone's pet. He would lay by a newly
marked grave as if it's owner would be back. Diligently waiting. We went out every night to feed him & give him fresh water. H e would follow us half to the car but never closer to it & his crying hurt my heart. The next night we sat by the grave and told him you can't relieve the past and it was time to go. Now I know the  cat didn't understand one word but when we got up he walked all the way the car & hopped in. His name is The Cemetery Cat AKA Spooky. he stays close to me the time, and he's approximately 14 y/o. When we're together I always tell him 'I would love to hear about the things you did today. Cat things I am sure ( Nightwalker taught him a few cats skills because he has a super weird, straight up freaky furrie obsession and wears his furie getup daily at home and while running local errands. Seeking out other furries I suppose - I don't ask simply because I would never be right again after hearing his answer. My second statement is always "I wish I knew your real name, I would call you that name & thirdly is 'I wish I could see the things you do, because I am not feeling anything Spook' as he sits and watches whatever relaxed, curious & as if he is intently studying it. Always the same direction right behind me over my right shoulder in any room we are in. Each time the same focused & still  for about 10 minutes and it never fails in the same consistent pattern starts with the darting looks 5 in all - 1st above my head then to his left, up, down and then back over my right shoulder. I feel absolutely nothing which is odd for me. I would give almost anything to get a glimpse into his would.  Pretty cool indeed. Just a coincidence maybe?

#4 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 04 July 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

Hello All,

I was playing with my Gitup Git2 camera yesterday and was trying to make a IR Pass Filter for it as currently the camera is full spectrum, so looking to block all visible light and just allow the IR and now this got me thinking on the science bit again....
Now if a spirit exists and manages to materialise some what, then what light frequency is best for capturing.

Does anybody know of any studies that have been carried out with UV,Visible,IR

I suppose it would be hard at the best of time to capture stuff on camera, but do full spectrum cameras capture possibly more that just visible light camera?

Going by my mother-in-laws experience of her seeing an apparition in her bedroom and when it slowly faded out, could it just been moving through different light frequencies ie visible to uv or visible to ir and therefore outside oue range of eye vision (hence the fade)

If you look at the evidence presented on the web, indications are IR (near infra red) offer the most evidence. There is very little evidence posted from full spectrum cameras

#5 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 08 July 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

Nightwalker taught him a few cats skills because he has a super weird, straight up freaky furrie obsession and wears his furie getup daily at home and while running local errands. Seeking out other furries I suppose - I don't ask simply because I would never be right again after hearing his answer.

haha!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostMichelleGStudy, on 08 July 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

Very interesting Capt Zeanie - I will check during the weekend to see if I can find anything regarding this. You pose a great question.

A year ago Memorial Day my husband, daughter & myself were placing flags on the burial sites of the people who have given their lives so we can live ours The ultimate sacrifice.  Anyway I heard this tiny meow coming from a drainage pipe. (in some of the older cemeteries here the remaining family members care for their loved one's site ie cutting the grass, weeding, watering  etc. They didn't have any perpetual care options then (at least here anyway) This little cat was someone's pet. He would lay by a newly
marked grave as if it's owner would be back. Diligently waiting. We went out every night to feed him & give him fresh water. H e would follow us half to the car but never closer to it & his crying hurt my heart. The next night we sat by the grave and told him you can't relieve the past and it was time to go. Now I know the  cat didn't understand one word but when we got up he walked all the way the car & hopped in. His name is The Cemetery Cat AKA Spooky. he stays close to me the time, and he's approximately 14 y/o. When we're together I always tell him 'I would love to hear about the things you did today. Cat things I am sure ( Nightwalker taught him a few cats skills because he has a super weird, straight up freaky furrie obsession and wears his furie getup daily at home and while running local errands. Seeking out other furries I suppose - I don't ask simply because I would never be right again after hearing his answer. My second statement is always "I wish I knew your real name, I would call you that name & thirdly is 'I wish I could see the things you do, because I am not feeling anything Spook' as he sits and watches whatever relaxed, curious & as if he is intently studying it. Always the same direction right behind me over my right shoulder in any room we are in. Each time the same focused & still  for about 10 minutes and it never fails in the same consistent pattern starts with the darting looks 5 in all - 1st above my head then to his left, up, down and then back over my right shoulder. I feel absolutely nothing which is odd for me. I would give almost anything to get a glimpse into his would.  Pretty cool indeed. Just a coincidence maybe?

Oh, such a sweet loyal kitty. I'm glad Spooky found someone to care for him.  Spooky :wub:

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 09 July 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

haha!!

Posted Image

:anim_63:

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Computer Programming, IT, Web Technologies, Space and Astronomy

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:09 AM

I have looked around the net but there is "plenty" of so called evidence in Infra-red but that is mainly all investigations are in the dark with infra-red cameras.

I was kind of looking for stuff that will have several identical cameras on a rig (one UV, one Visible, one Infra-red and one Full Spectrum), that was you can see different parts of the spectrum of the same scene

#8 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 10 July 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

I have looked around the net but there is "plenty" of so called evidence in Infra-red but that is mainly all investigations are in the dark with infra-red cameras.

I was kind of looking for stuff that will have several identical cameras on a rig (one UV, one Visible, one Infra-red and one Full Spectrum), that was you can see different parts of the spectrum of the same scene

A full spectrum cam covers all of what you described... no need for separate cameras

#9 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:06 PM

On GHI Barry made a rig, that had infrared and full spectrum cameras on it. He caught a ball of light with the full spectrum camera, but it didn't turn up on infrared. He also had a two camera setup at Larnach Castle, which showed apparitions on the full spectrum, but not on the other camera. The episodes might be on Youtube, I'll try and dig up the footage.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 10 July 2016 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

I think you can get them from multiple places these days. You can also convert cameras to full spectrum:  http://www.extremete...um-super-camera

I've never used one myself, but have seen the results from others that do. It's not like suddenly you are going to see spirits, but as Mac said above, sometimes something will show up that doesn't on just IR
Posted Image

#11 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

Sorry, It's the whole episode, I don't know how to cut it down, to show just the reveal.

Ghost Hunters International (S1 E8) - Larnach Castle

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 10 July 2016 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#12 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:06 AM

View PostCDS, on 10 July 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

A full spectrum cam covers all of what you described... no need for separate cameras

But then you do not know what part of the spectrum the object was caught in either uv, ir or visible.

View PostMacCionoadha, on 10 July 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

On GHI Barry made a rig, that had infrared and full spectrum cameras on it. He caught a ball of light with the full spectrum camera, but it didn't turn up on infrared. He also had a two camera setup at Larnach Castle, which showed apparitions on the full spectrum, but not on the other camera. The episodes might be on Youtube, I'll try and dig up the footage.
Yeah, I remember watching that episode.

I wonder where all the older GH and GHI people go too once their have left the show and how many continue the investigations.

View PostVlawdeGStudy, on 10 July 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

I think you can get them from multiple places these days. You can also convert cameras to full spectrum:  http://www.extremete...um-super-camera

I have modified lots of webcams in the past when doing Ha imaging on my telescope and others. Even an IR weather cam.

#13 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:08 AM

View PostMacCionoadha, on 04 July 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

This is an interesting point.  I know that our game trail cameras use IR for illumination of any movement after dark.  The deer do not see the IR light.  I dont know if other animals like dogs or cats see it or not.  This makes me think the ghosts or spirits may be some subset of IR or other part of the spectrum.

I guess I should look up IR ghost pics....
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#14 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:51 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 11 July 2016 - 02:06 AM, said:

Yeah, I remember watching that episode. I wonder where all the older GH and GHI people go too once their have left the show and how many continue the investigations.

Amy B.: Acting, Founded: Strange Escapes(haunted destination travel company)
Adam B.: Acting, investigating. He and Amy are going to have their own paranormal show on Destination America channel. I think it'll be called Kindred Spirits.
Rob D.: Paranormal investigation show
Britt G.: Acting, investigating
Andy A.: N/A
Donna L.: Investigating
Carl J.: N/A
Keith J.: Investigating
Paul B.: Acting:
Barry F.: Acting
Brian H. : Investigating, Cinematography, Producing
Brandy G.: Acting, directing and producing
Joe C.: Acting
Susan S.: Acting
Scott T.: Acting, producing, stunt work, etc.
Kris Williams: Acting, She also sells paintings on Etsy. Here's what she wrote on her Etsy About page:

About

Lover of art, travel, history and the unusual. Artist from a young age, I stepped away from the art world to spend some time traveling the United States and the world to work as a paranormal investigator on Syfy's Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International. I now enjoy spending my time painting from photographs I had taken while on the road, tying my love of art, travel and history together.
As for the rest? IMDB: GHI, GH

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 13 July 2016 - 03:03 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#15 Capt-Zeanie

Capt-Zeanie

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

Thanks for the list.

I did like Barry quite a lot and Brian and glad that Brian still looks like he is investigating.

If I could have a small team, a dream team then this is who I would have...

Barry as lead
Britt
Joe
Tango
and Nick Groff

Edited by Capt-Zeanie, 14 July 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#16 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

View PostCapt-Zeanie, on 14 July 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Thanks for the list.

I did like Barry quite a lot and Brian and glad that Brian still looks like he is investigating.

If I could have a small team, a dream team then this is who I would have...

Barry as lead
Britt
Joe
Tango
and Nick Groff

For me, my dream team would be:

Jason H.: Lead Investigator
Barry F.: Co-Lead Investigator
Brian H.: Tech. Manager
Kris W.: Investigator
Michael L. Aday; Investigator (Because the times he was on the show, the spirits talked to him the most.)

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users