Free Skins
© Fisana

What's Your Favorite Ghoststudy.com Ghost Picture..?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

I'm beginning to get a complex. Whenever I post a photo to these Forums. I always get the same response (every time)... it's Pareidolia, illusion, etc. (and in many cases it very well could be).   :confused:

So my question to you is, is there a photo in the Ghoststudy.com gallery that you would possibly consider authentic? If so, can you post the photo here on this thread for us to see?

Instructions for posting the photo:
When you find the one photo that seems convincing to you, simply right click on the pic and then choose "Copy image URL". It will then be saved to memory. Then come back to this thread and click the image icon above the text window. Then simply right click and paste the URL that you previously saved. The photo will show up at the cursor position.  :)

Here's one of my favorite photos that I consider rather convincing.
I am amazed at this shadow person captured as it is coming through what looks like a solid door.

Here's the short video on YouTube displaying this photo. (78 seconds running time):
https://www.youtube....h?v=YJwZh9XAiFs

Posted Image

Let me know if there are any photos you find at least somewhat convincing.  :)

Here's a link to the GhostStudy Gallery:
http://www.ghoststud...llery/fresh.htm

Thanks

#2 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
I chose these because they've always had a vibe about them.. like we're possibly seeing something out of this world.. literally. One can hope!! Here is a link to the original GhostStudy post... http://www.ghoststud...apr05/video.htm

Edited by Roxstar, 29 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

Mine is well into the Ghoststudy Archives, but it concerns the one where the older gentleman has a "ghostly rod" sticking out of his chest.  I believe someone said it was simply a staple on the picture, and someone could also make out a piece of tape or sticky-tack on it also.

A great one that people can actually see is this one... and it is one of my favorites, if not my favorite modern Ghoststudy ghost photo...

http://www.ghoststud...t_tiss10011.htm

Edited by NightWalker07, 29 June 2015 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,434 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

I've grown really jaded with photos. Aside from here, I belong to multiple FB paranormal groups, where common photographic things like motion blur, glare, dust etc are being touted as paranormal, and people just don't want to hear it's not ghostly. With very few exceptions I believe the majority of "paranormal" photos are just normal stuff misinterpreted. After years of investigating, I've captured some good EVP's and a few anomalies  on video, plus seen and experienced things that could be interpreted as paranormal. But I don't believe I have gotten any still photographs during investigations that I'd label as unexplained. I'll browse thru the gallery though and see if there were any that really had me scratching my head.
Posted Image

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,434 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:19 PM

Always thought this one was interesting.  Although I'm wondering if it's a play of the light mirroring the investigator's movements, you never know  

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,434 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

And there is this one. It could well be pareidolia, but I can't find the original thread where it was discussed so it's difficult to get the facts aside from the guy saying he couldn't name the group he was with. It's from the video with the creepy
EVP

Posted Image

Edited by Vlawde, 29 June 2015 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Grisner

Grisner

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

There are a number that I find to be worthy of calling authentic. For me it is generally the older photos. I'm short on time right now but will see if I can find them and post them later.

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,434 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

• didn't there used to be a feature to allow one to imbed YouTube videos?  Darned if I can figure out how to do it, but here is the link to the video the photo above came from with the EVP . Can't vouch for it being real, but again..interesting
http://www.paranorma...opic=33366&st=0

Found some more info on this:

"Photo and EVP of Demonic Entity?
I feel like if a demon said something like “puppies are cute”, it would still be creepy as crud. Speaking of creepy shot demons say, today we’re gonna talk about an EVP and a photo of a supposed demonic entity. When exactly the two pieces of evidence were taken is unknown, and the location where they were captured has purposely been withheld. All we know is that the building was an asylum at one point before being turned into an apartment building. A man named Devin Raymond was investigating a part of the asylum with an unnamed group of people. in the video (I’m guess Devin was the one filming) the group opens a door to a small crawl space. This is when a demon voice can be heard saying “I have the body of a pig.” and proceeds to laugh or grunt (why would it be grunting?…oh…ew).  At the time nobody heard the voice and someone else in the group decides to take a picture of the crawl space. In the photo, the head, face and body of a demonic entity can be seen looking at the camera.

It looks like a Slasher from Dead Space. But that doesn’t matter. I remember stumbling upon this around 2009, and while i thought it was creepy, I’m not so sure it’s real. My main problem is that the EVP sounds to much like it was recorded afterwards and then added to the video. Notice how everyone stays quiet just as the voice is captured, then they all start talking and mumbling again. And they just happen to capture this supposed demon. The picture is harder to debunk, it just doesn’t look that real to me. I can’t pinpoint exactly what it is that seems fake about the photo, but I just get that vibe. Overall, while the EVP and photo combined make for a pretty creepy video, I’m just not convinced that these two pieces of evidence are genuine. What do you think? Did these people really capture the voice and image of an actual demon or is this just a hoax meant to creep people out at night?"

Edited by Vlawde, 30 June 2015 - 08:11 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:53 AM

Jim don't get a complex! If it was easy to capture ghosts in photographs we'd have solid evidence all over the place by now, the point is that with more people becoming a lot more knowledgeable about photography we have discovered a lot of what ghost hunters believed were paranormal elements are now proved to be mundane. It just seems that recently people who submit the photos to the mailbag are in the group of 'slightly uncommon photography mistakes' which is why you're getting the reactions you do on the forum, but the submitter remains convinced. Whilst I'm relatively new on the forums I've been visiting Ghost-study for years and have always loved the gallery here.

Would it help to know that photographs are considered unreliable evidence in most professional fields?

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

Yeah what he said don't get a complex :no:

No matter how great or amazing a photo may be unless you first prove ghosts exist and the vast majority accept it the best anyone can hope for is to have viewers say something like "wow great photo I don't know how it was made" :)

The important thing to remember is that letting people see the photos and discuss them freely you are helping to generate interest in the subject as well as help educate many who may not realize how common photographic illusions are or even what pareidolia is  :yes:

Oh and I may never say "yup that's a ghost" in one of the photos here BUT that doesn't mean I don't appreciate being able to see the photos and discuss them or longingly look forward to a time when I get to use the phrase "he's dead Jim" in an analysis :lol:

Oh and of course Jim Thanxz for all that you do it's much appreciated Posted Image
- siguie -

#11 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

Thank you Lord_tea and Siguie... I appreciate you guys for taking the time to convey your thoughts to me on this matter. And I certainly understand what you are saying. And we do need to be careful and not jump to conclusions about how true or how authentic a ghost photo must be just because the submitter says so... or because of how amazing it looks. But at the same time, we also need to keep an open mind. And if the image and the story add up to a possible supernatural occurrence, then it's okay to voice that as well. On these Forums I mostly hear it's fake, it's pareidolia, it's this and that. I never really hear too many say, it could certainly be an illusion but it might also be an amazing capture.

Just so everyone knows, when I post a photo from the mailbag, I normally let the submitter know its being discussed on the forums. And I feel bad for them because it never seems to be a positive experience… for example, the photo of the reflection in the sunglasses. I can't prove that the ghost image is simply a blur or shrubs or even a person. But it seems to be evident to those that are posting.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this... If I only looked at a photo in terms of why it's not a supernatural occurrence, then I'm not the right person to run GhostStudy.com.

#12 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,434 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:57 PM

I wouldn't say that.  For me, I focus on things like EVP's and personal experiences.
Posted Image

#13 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:28 PM

Sorry if I was a bit crass in my last post... I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Sometimes I guess I just wonder if this whole Ghost Photography thing is really even a thing anymore. But you all are so amazing and I am so grateful to join with you all on occasion. I really don't have a lot of responsibility here because of Helena and her most excellent staff... but it's nice to check in.  :)

#14 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:49 AM

I believe the reasons behind the scrutiny for pictures nowadays are many, but the main problem is that there are so many fakes out there, or people trying to pull a fast one on others, that most are met with a high degree of criticism. I personally believe that spirit energy can be caught on camera and video, but the conditions and the individual/s trying to get the evidence have a lot to do with it.

Edited by Roxstar, 01 July 2015 - 03:50 AM.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#15 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostNightWalker07, on 29 June 2015 - 01:31 PM, said:

Mine is well into the Ghoststudy Archives, but it concerns the one where the older gentleman has a "ghostly rod" sticking out of his chest.  I believe someone said it was simply a staple on the picture, and someone could also make out a piece of tape or sticky-tack on it also.

A great one that people can actually see is this one... and it is one of my favorites, if not my favorite modern Ghoststudy ghost photo...

http://www.ghoststud...t_tiss10011.htm

*OOGH* I remember that one. Strangely enough, the more you really study the "dog", the more it looks less like a dog and more like something really....*bleeeh*.....

The "Body Of A Pig" thing, whenever real or not, always weirded me out.

As for the discusion about skepticism over alledged ghost photos.....it seems, for me....that EVPs are the best evidence, these days. That said, there's still some good, genuinely unexplainable pics out there.

In fact, I think the Kuhn ones posted the other day are possibly real captures.

Skepticism is good but I do confess that it has taken some of the "magic" out of alledged ghost photos. I remember first getting into the whole paranormal ghostie thing a long while back (the Evansville Library Webcam was my 'gateway').

Back then, everything seems so, "haunted". I didn't know differently and I accepted everything as proof. I eventually got into this Ghoststudy site when the main part was going really strong.

Eventually I joined this board under names like Ms. Stinkerbelle & JulieLynn1975. If you go back in time and read posts by that person....That's me.

Anyway, I'm now a bit more jaded. I'm kind of sad about it. However, it's better to be skeptical than swallow anything.

Looking back on the older threads through many years, this board has followed the same trajectory.

Well, I'll post some stuff that made a big impression on me and is worthy to look at again.....

http://ghoststudy.co...05/barghost.htm
(A whole bunch of stuff here if you really look)

http://ghoststudy.co...y2007pic017.htm
(Ghost? Paredolia? Severed Head?!)

http://www.ghoststud...012/gooo101.htm
(Queen Mary girl in white poofy dress or naked?)

http://www.ghoststud...ay04/mirror.htm
(This one really weirds me out. Looks inhuman & slimy)

http://ghoststudy.co...oct04/hands.htm
(Creepy weirdo in window)

http://www.ghoststud...01/ordsall.html
(Ordsal Hall weirdness)

I also remember a photo of a window of an abandoned cabin. It looked like a woman in distress with possibly a man behind her. At first glance, it looked like The Wicked Witch in the window (The tag was something like 'Witch In The Window' or something).....There was a whole long thread disgussing this photo. I can't find it at the moment.

I also remember some weirdness a woman was having with her camera. She and a friend visited an old Transylvanian cenetery where vampires were alledged to be found. A while later, she took a photo of her baby sitting on a chair but these weird images were cutting in (like an eerie image of cemetery gates with a glowing, skull-like face floating above it). I can't find this at the moment, either.

Edited by SpukiKitty, 01 July 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#16 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

I know the photos you're talking about... I'll see if I can find them.

#17 SpukiKitty

SpukiKitty

Residual Haunting

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 01 July 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

I know the photos you're talking about... I'll see if I can find them.

Awesome! Did you remove that new pic you were talking about? I need to remove it. Sorry for posting.

#18 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • 10,191 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

No worries SpukiKitty

I created a link to the Transylvania/Vampire Page
I had to go though my files and republish it.
http://ghoststudy.co...12/page6_1.html

It's now posted on the mail page of GhostStudy.com  

Posted Image

#19 Lord_tea

Lord_tea

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:To be honest I prefer coffee.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

SpukiKitty, that selection of photos you linked is brilliant, the rare ones that present a lot of mystery whether paranormal or not, ones that make a sceptic say "Well it could be a real dog... but actually I'm not sure how it got there like that" The oldies will always be the best and who knows, maybe film has the right qualities to capture spirits that digital cameras do not posses? One thing is for sure that anyone who comes to this board or the ghost study site is enjoying the community and the content whether that be from straight up belief in what they are seeing or the joy of trying to figure out what's going on.

"Genius might be the ability to say a profound thing in a simple way" - Charles Bukowski

#20 Grisner

Grisner

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

wow, Spunkikity, those are some seriously creepy photos.