• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 HollyMama

HollyMama

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

Hello all. I am new to paranormal soup. I am interested in all things paranormal and am happy to have found this site. I have several different card decks and like to use them for myself. Someday I would like to start doing readings for other people. Does anyone have advice on how to use tarot and oracle cards safely?

#2 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:24 PM

In my opinion, there is no safe way to use tarot cards.

#3 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

I'll be honest, I've used them. They haven't shown me enlightenment or truth, and didn't bring anything supernatural. I do have a couple beautiful sets in my bedroom, and my husband has one. All of the ones we have could easily be framed and hung on the one because they're gorgeous. But we don't use them because it's always seemed pointless.

The one thing I suggest is ALWAYS cast a protective circle first.

Edited by moiraesfate, 12 January 2018 - 08:38 PM.

#4 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

Hello and :sign0016: to the boards . :yes:

It is important that you have some sort of systematic process that you do before and after your readings.  It could be: pray: casting a protection circle; meditation/ visualisation; cleansing your energy or; any psychic protection you feel works best for you. It is really a personal choice and you need to be intuitive to read your own needs to ensure your own spiritual safety.
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#5 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

hello and welcome!

Klainey's cover it all regarding what i came in to say - I'd research thoroughly about how to open a session and close it safely.

I'd also consider the location of your readings, i wouldn't recommend it being something that you run from your home.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:46 PM

Meh I do siguie brand party tarot and have many many decks all given to me and many by people who said they were EVIL or in some way freaked out by something or other that happened. I just think they are interesting and fun and are a good way to get people talking at slow/boring parties :yes:

So far I've never had any paranormal anything happen ... EVER :no:

It really depends on the group and which deck(s) you use but you can either really freak people out, fascinate them or just scare the carp out of them :yes: For the carp scaring I always werk with the Solleone tarot ... each card looks like a death sentence :yes:

Now back to the topic ... in my opinion they are just a bunch of cards with interesting pictures and broadly defined meanings, so any special powers they may posses come from you and or your client/victim. If you think they are not safe I'm not sure there is anything that you can really do to assuage that kind of thing BUT you may want to just practice with people until you feel comfortable doing readings, then reassess your feelings about tarot not being safe.

As always I'm probably not the person people should listen to BUT I really do have many decks, have done party tarot for um carp decades now and to date have never had any paranormal experiences that I'm aware of :no: Which is a little sad considering all the ghost tech I've accumulated :sigh:

Anywho I just wanted to voice an alternative view ... maybe those pretty picture cards are supernatural flares to attract EVIL or maybe they are just a bunch of pretty pictures that help you bring out what you already know subconsciously ... OR maybe you have guides working with you ... I dunno BUT apparently not everyone gets a paranormal beat down ... even if they are really asking for it, so I'm going with subconscious triggers and the cards are mostly harmless.
- siguie -

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:00 AM

I agree not everyone who picks up cards will have issues from the spirit world. Many readers don't even know where or how they get their intuition. It is a bit like insurance or best practice to protect yourself. Someone doesn't need to be deceased to drain your energy :no:
Posted Image

#8 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,184 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:30 AM

I strongly suggest that we think of tarot cards as we would a Ouija board. Both attract evil.

There are so many people out there thinking they are immune to attack. But in reality, that's what the entities want you to think. I say to those people, look at your habits and look at your weaknesses, it's what they are working on night & day. They work on different individuals in different ways. If they think we might be able to find help and stop them, they will pursue a different course of action. And by that, I mean, they stay out of the limelight at all cost.

I hope that makes sense to some of you.

#9 HollyMama

HollyMama

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Thanks for the responses everyone. You gave me a lot to think about. The card decks I have have become something like an interesting collection. Most of the decks are oracle cards -all of the card meanings are positive. They do give me new positive ways to think about a given situation and they are beautiful to look at and it is interesting to see all the hundreds of different card decks on Amazon.com. However one day I was shuffling a deck pretty throughly and I drew the same 3 cards I had drawn about 10 minutes prior. This freaked me out. I put away the cards and didnít use them for a long time.

Holly

Edited by HollyMama, 14 January 2018 - 10:11 AM.

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,004 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:32 PM

I've always thought of tarot cards as the same as reading tea leaves. Nothing paranormal involved, just based on interpretation of the cards that come up.

http://www.psychicpo...tarot-readings/
Posted Image

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

View PostVlawde, on 14 January 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

I've always thought of tarot cards as the same as reading tea leaves. Nothing paranormal involved, just based on interpretation of the cards that come up.

What? Posted Image

You also need to choose the type of spread and "read" the person while relating everything to the question, the position of the cards in the spread and the orientation which again depends on the spread PLUS the reading needs to be engrossing AND entertaining :yes: There are also numerous interrelations with astrology, numerology and various religions based on the choice of deck.

It may not be paranormal super powers BUT it still takes skillz Posted Image

Oh and yeah I also have an EVIL ouija board I saved from a fiery death that I sometimez use as a table for tarot readings.

:bunny:
- siguie -

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:58 AM

View PostVlawde, on 14 January 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

That is somewhat true, you don't need anything "paranormal" to be able to read the cards. Anyone can give it ago. I have a friend who reads playing cards and is very good at it. Many psychics are drawn to tarot cards and they use their intuition, just like the normal Joe Blow in a reading. It is a tool just like any other at their disposal.
Posted Image

#13 HollyMama

HollyMama

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

Itís so funny that my last post was at 1:11pm. I see that number almost everyday in random places. Iíd love to know what it means.

#14 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

View PostHollyMama, on 15 January 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

It’s so funny that my last post was at 1:11pm. I see that number almost everyday in random places. I’d love to know what it means.

Me too. It all started on day when I got $1.11 back in change on a purchase I had made. Now I see it all the time, 111 or 1111. Some people relate it to something paranormal or spiritual.  I just think that since I made a mental note of the change I got that day I've just become aware of it.

Before the 111/1111 it was 9:11

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,884 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

11.11 is the time I usually see! not sure what its all about!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#16 HollyMama

HollyMama

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:18 AM

Maybe someone should start this as a new topic, repeatedly seeing the same numbers and what might that mean. I think itís fairly common, only because it seems like whenever I have talked about it someone else says they have experienced something similar. I know Iíve read someplace that it means you are on the right track.

#17 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:54 PM

I suspect a lot of what people see are what they are used to seeing or are thinking about and then just happen to notice  a coincidence :yes:

I tend to see 3:14 most of the time because that's Pi Posted Image
- siguie -

#18 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image