#1 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 27 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

While visiting my roots in historic Ontario Canada back in 2006, a close friend and myself traveled to a nearby cemetery deemed by Shadowlands as an active paranormal auditory haven.

Recently joining a metaphysical group in Connecticut, all of us were assigned a project of our own choice which piqued further explorations in the validation of electronic voice phenomena. I had my share of strange events while growing up but the recent discovery of unexplained “ghost voices” said to exist required my own authentication.

I remained unconvinced with the samplings on the internet. Most appeared to be simply poor recording techniques mixed with substantial background noise. The few remaining samples where a level of control seemed to be administered drove me to do my first recording.

Kindree Cemetery in Mississauga, Ontario Canada is the resting place of seven out of the twelve children from Nathan & Mary Kindree established in 1829. This family and cemetery are a true testament to the early childhood mortality rate in the early nineteenth century Seven children died by either tuberculosis or of unknown causes around the age of three years old between 1829 through 1839. The remaining five children raised their own families without difficulty. Apparently, there are an additional thirty unaccounted burials in this small plot of land sandwiched in a suburban development.

The cemetery is preserved through the Ontario Heritage act and maintained by the city of Mississauga.

Prior leaving from Connecticut, I bought an inexpensive Olympus digital recorder. My friend and I walked in from the rather busy road and respectfully made our way into the hub in the late evening on the brink of dusk.

I was extremely green with using a digital recorder and decided my best option was to record in a passive fashion only announcing the time and date at the start of the recording. We remained seated and quiet for 10 minutes without any further verbal comment.

I still remember my concern with traffic noise that was present as we sat silently. I was unsure how much ambient noise would be picked up by the digital recording device mostly from the passing automobiles one hundred yards away.

Once finished, we returned to my friend’s house anxiously making preparation to upload the audio file onto her computer and listen with a pair of headphones. I never anticipated a capture. From what I had read, it may take many times before something questionable might be recorded.

Much to our shock and surprise we heard during playback a young boy prominently recite three words. Both my friend and myself were dumbfounded. Neither of us heard any voices during our brief stay let alone a child that sounded as if he was right next to us.

Shortly after, I submitted my sample to a prominent EVP site. Haunted Voices had a monthly contest and rewarded several small prizes through sponsorship to the first-place winner. I was more concerned with validation than the prizes. According to the site owner, there were unique characteristics of the audio file allowing validation.

I was contacted within two weeks regarding my winning sample. I won’t bore you with further details as this essay is considerably longer than anticipated. I will finish by saying this first EVP was my gateway drug that led me to where I am today.

I will not influence you with my conclusions of the words in the audio sample. I have played this sample countless times to others frequently reaching the same conclusion as myself. I consider it be a strong Class “B” on the verge of Class “A” judging by the many responses. There has been disagreement in the interpretation, therefore I do not consider it a true Class “A”.

I have edited this sample removing some ambient low-level background noise and looped it three times. I’d recommend you do not overplay it. In my opinion, it does not sound like background noise and is a dynamic sample of how an EVP is supposed to sound. Most paradrama television shows do not give true EVP’s worthy recognition but in their defense, good samples are VERY seldomly recorded.

Finally, I’d recommend if anyone wants to respond on “what they believe they hear”, PLEASE add your comment in a spoiler tag to avoid influencing others. After sufficient time allowing others to comment, I will submit my finding through the many asking I’ve made over the years.

Additionally, I'd recommend listening to the clip using headphones. One of the defining characteristic of EVP/AVP is extremely flat frequency response. This seems the caveat in determination. It won't help in all cases but it can improve your interpretation.

Thank you for your patience. I’m always guilty of telling how a watch is built when when simply asked, "What time is it?"

https://instaud.io/40R3

Edited by EVP, 28 July 2019 - 09:58 AM.

Posted Image

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:51 AM

Thank you for posting EVP

Sorry if I am terrible at this! I hear so much better in person! But here goes...

Spoiler

Did you happen to see the "NEWS: Instaudio is shutting down" on the website?

We can't take a break! I think that is the saying!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:58 AM

I can't wait to see what you and others heard/ hear, so I will be following this thread keenly. :D

LOL, No looking at my spoiler until you write yours ;)
Posted Image

#4 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,227 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

I don't have headphones, so I can't make out what he says. But I agree, it sounds like it's saying a three-word sentence. Posted Image

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,345 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:42 PM

It was hard for me to decipher, and I'm not certain what I heard.

At first I heard
Spoiler

Now I hear
Spoiler

Posted Image

#6 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

Thank you so far with your replies. I will wait until next Friday before I address this individually. Hopefully by then, we'll have a little more contribution to this thread from other members and staff. Regardless, much appreciated Klainey, Mac, & Vlawde so far. You will be very surprised how influencing one can be after the reveal and you re-listen to the clip. That part I've always found fascinating.

Edited by EVP, 28 July 2019 - 04:49 PM.

Posted Image

#7 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:58 AM

Could some one tell me where the spoiler button is please

#8 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:27 AM

View PostLeticiaAlb, on 29 July 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

Could some one tell me where the spoiler button is please

Type your text then highlight the text you want hidden.
  • In the reply option toolbar, choose the very top left bar.
  • The third icon on the right in that little mini-bar when moused over displays Special BBCode.
  • Click and scroll down to where it says "spoiler".
  • Done.

Spoiler

Edited by EVP, 29 July 2019 - 02:30 AM.

Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:34 AM

Thank you :D EVP
Posted Image

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:29 PM

Um yeah ... I'm going with an official siguie branded "I got nuthin" :whistling:

I downloaded the file to play with and it's really REALLY highly processed. It looks like an 11 or maybe 22kbs Mono recording that's been amplified, filtered and saved as a Stereo recording at 1411kbs. Is there anyway to git a clip of the original unprocessed recording? Otherwise it's kind of like judging whether a blurry "enhanced" picture shows a genuine :ghost:

In any event I suck at trying to figure out what EVPs are saying so I run them through voice recognition and again nuthin.

However, playing with pitch and random :carp: I kinda managed to make it sound like a sentence and when I go back to the original I can still kinda hear it ...

Spoiler

EVP thanxz for posting :good: but yeah ... evps ... not really my thang :no:

:bunny:
- siguie -

#11 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

Spoiler

thanks for the spoiler tip ;)

Edited by LeticiaAlb, 29 July 2019 - 07:30 PM.

#12 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:14 PM

View Postsiguie, on 29 July 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Um yeah ... I'm going with an official siguie branded "I got nuthin" :whistling:

I downloaded the file to play with and it's really REALLY highly processed. It looks like an 11 or maybe 22kbs Mono recording that's been amplified, filtered and saved as a Stereo recording at 1411kbs. Is there anyway to git a clip of the original unprocessed recording? Otherwise it's kind of like judging whether a blurry "enhanced" picture shows a genuine :ghost:

In any event I suck at trying to figure out what EVPs are saying so I run them through voice recognition and again nuthin.

However, playing with pitch and random :carp: I kinda managed to make it sound like a sentence and when I go back to the original I can still kinda hear it ...

Spoiler

EVP thanxz for posting :good: but yeah ... evps ... not really my thang :no:

:bunny:

Thanks for listening nonetheless siguie. This was with a really inexpensive Olympus from 13 years ago. I remember setting it to all high quality settings but back then high quality was essentially the equivalent of a telephone call in frequency response. There was a good amount of road noise created by the cars and the clip was buried in the noise floor. This was before I knew any better to keep the original. I'm sure I would have processed it differently now and retained the original. Thanks for participating.
Posted Image

#13 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 30 July 2019 - 04:06 AM

Great story about the day you were hooked and reeled in!  I listened to the recording a bunch of times.  To me, it is pretty clear what is being said.  great job on the write up and the capture!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#14 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostLouczarGStudy, on 30 July 2019 - 04:06 AM, said:

Great story about the day you were hooked and reeled in!  I listened to the recording a bunch of times.  To me, it is pretty clear what is being said.  great job on the write up and the capture!
Thanks for the comment and the listen Lou. Please add the spoiler tag into the thread if you have the time. Thanks in advance.
Posted Image

#15 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,345 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

So....did anyone's guess match what you think it said?
Posted Image

#16 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

I hear  
Spoiler

We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#17 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 02:23 PM

I apologize for the delay Vlawde. To answer your question, no one came close to what I hear or what others had heard to my confirmation.

The words I hear are:

Spoiler

An in-depth check on the location is most frequently performed after an investigation by our team or dedicated historian. I’ve often wondered if knowing certain facts can influence paranormal findings. To minimize this poisoning, a thorough background check is not performed prior.

I left a partial clue with the background history in the thread description. When digging for additional information after resolving the words, “**** ***** ***** ***” I found a proposed tangible fact.

The seven children that died in that 10-year period did not make it past “***** ***** ***”.

As investigators we search out background details to connect possibly to our paranormal findings. Maybe this is simply to reduce the amount of inconsistency and chaos and to try to apply some level of logic or reasoning to the activity.

Whether this applies here, that’s certainly questionable as only a few agreed (outside of PS) the same words I heard. I do remember when I stumbled on this factoid. I experienced the same back of the neck hair raising effect as I did watching late night horror movies as a child.

This type of alleged connection where historical data and paranormal evidence parallel one another has only happened a few times in my tenure. Those other stories are best saved for another time.

Once again, I’d like to thank all those willing in taking the time to participate in this thread.

Greetings to: Klainey, MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, Vlawde, LeticiaAlb, siguie, Louczar, & PIT leader for their contribution to this thread.

Whether we agree on the outcome isn’t nearly as important as our common interest in the field to find answers.

Edited by EVP, 04 August 2019 - 05:35 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 22 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

Very Awesome. I am hearing
Spoiler
Thanks so much for sharing, EVP.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#19 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostRoxstar, on 22 August 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Very Awesome. I am hearing
Spoiler
Thanks so much for sharing, EVP.

Thanks for chiming in Roxstar. More importantly, it's great to see you back :)
Posted Image

#20 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,772 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

Roxstar :hi:
Posted Image