• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ursuella

Ursuella

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

So as a child I absolutely adored my grandfather. My real Grandfather died when I was 2 but my Grandmother remarried and he was the greatest thing in my life. He looked like Clark Gable (a actor from the 1930's and 40's). Every summer my mother would send me to stay with my Grandparents. In the basement was a pool table that I would play with. On the wall in the basement was a portrait of my Grandfather I would admire. My Grandfather gave me that Portrait before he died, and I have spend 1000's of dollars to preserve it. I moved into my fathers second home 12 years ago and hung my Grandfathers portrait in the living room. I lived in that house for 5 years at the time and one night invited my sons aunt to come visit. She commented on the portrait and every light in the house went crazy. Flickering and turning off and on for 60 sec. All the years I lived there NOTHING like that has ever happened before. I believe my sons aunt brought some type of energy into the house.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:27 PM

Either that or your combined energies along with your grandfather's made the lights flicker. What a wonderful gift!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 PIT leader

PIT leader

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal and house music,horror films,comics

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:25 AM

Lights flickering like that are a way of saying "hello", it's said that Liberace makes the lights flicker on his birthday (can't remember where, but it was a place dear to him in life) and doesn't stop until he's wished a happy birthday. As long as it was an isolated incident specifically when the portrait was commented on and there's no other activity then I would say it was just a visitation rather than a haunting.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#4 LeticiaAlb

LeticiaAlb

Apport

• GS Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 05:14 AM

I have heard ghosts like to use energy to flicker the lights on and off. a bit like I have seen them go off and on while this woman was driving her car and the radio station would change.

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,223 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 August 2019 - 11:31 AM

Lights flickering happens a lot in my home, I know it isn't the wiring. We checked the installation, and it was perfectly fine. When it would happen, my father would always state, "It's the MacCionoadha Ghost."

Edited by MacCionoadha BeanSidhe, 13 August 2019 - 11:31 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 18 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

That is such an awesome experience. When I enter a place with a bad vibe or "spirit" or whatever you want to consider it, light bulbs would brighten to an unreal extent and shatter which was disconcerting at first, but I got used to it after I realized what was likely going on. Your experience sounds so positive, though. Thanks for sharing.

#7 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:40 PM

One day at my old house I heard a strange scratching noise and followed it to the wall space between our living and dining room. The painting of a barn had something the size of a tennis ball trying to push through it. I was certain it must have been a squirrel chewing it's way out through the wall behind it, but it was so freaky I couldnt bring myself to get within 15 feet of it. It persisted for about a half hour, and I spent probably 5 minutes just watching the bump bulge and recede back into the painting. I wish I had a video camera.

Next morning, presumably long after it stopped, I touched the painting for the first time and found it could not have have bulged like that without punching a hole in it, and even if something had been pushing it from behind, it should have made the entire picture frame bounce out from and back into the wall. Yet I can say for a fact, something appeared to be pushing through the painting from behind and and a scratching noise accompanied the bubble as it pushed out.