Mirror Man?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 13 August 2019 - 08:16 AM

I wanted to share this podcast I had listened to recently about a topic I have never heard up. The stories were quite compelling. I googled the subject (not extensively) and was surprised nothing came up pertaining to the subject. Let me know what you think. Has anyone had a similar experience?

http://monstersamong...special-episode

#2 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 13 August 2019 - 10:41 PM

There doesn't appear to be much information specifically on the Mirror Man other than a subtle claim of it being an urban legend. Needless to say, throughout history, mirrors and water reflections have been associated with the paranormal. Whether they are stories of fact or fiction, there maybe a grain of truth to them if enough of these stories exist.

I only listened to a small portion of the first account so far, but the one experience included a waking state of sleep. I've had a my fair share of experiences transitioning from or to sleep that were extremely lucid and appeared to be real. Psychologists have an explanation but I suspect a small number of them can't be as easily explained as a waking condition. Thanks for the share Altersense. It was nice to step outside my comfort zone and research new material in this pseudoscience.

Edited by EVP, 13 August 2019 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,760 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:31 AM

I haven't had any encounters myself.

Here is an interesting case of Mirror Men from my home country!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Altersense

Altersense

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:It would be easier for me to list the things I am not interested in.
    100 degree weather
    Cats with attitude
    Romance Novels/Hallmark or Lifetime Channel
    That pretty much sums me up....everything else is on the table(:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

EVP, on 13 August 2019 - 10:41 PM, said:

I only listened to a small portion of the first account so far, but the one experience included a waking state of sleep.
Hey EVP, thanks for reminding me. The first account was the least interesting because of the exact thing you mentioned, waking state of sleep. The experiences became way more interesting after this initial account, in my opinion. There was an experience from a hunter and a man whose dad curiously warned his children about every 6 months if they were to see this entity that they were to look and walk away, until one day, years down the road, the daughter saw it.  I almost moved onto another podcast because I found the first story so blah, but I'm glad I listened to rest. In fact, I ended up listening to the podcast twice, lol.

KlaineyGStudy, on 14 August 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

I haven't had any encounters myself.

Here is an interesting case of Mirror Men from my home country!

Sweet! Thank you for sharing. Cant wait to watch it��

#5 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:49 PM

The hunter blacked out because he got drawn in - or, more accurately, was 'brought somewhere else' / was brought to their place / was under the control of a third party for that period of time. Put simply, similar to how say a book or movie can 'take you away', falling under this kind of spell (so to speak) transports you to 'another place' (i.e. another dimension), and results in missing time.

Concerning the strange movement: both unbelievably quick movement that seems impossible or 'off', and - as in this case, eerily lethargic movement that seems 'off' (like moving through jello as the hunter described it) can indicate there's a spacetime offset, meaning that whatever someone's seeing is actually moving normally in it's own dimension but appears unnatural in ours. It's half here half not; both here and somewhere else concurrently.

Notably, something that's 'half here' (to the bewilderment of trackers or investigators) won't leave footprints, even in fresh snow.