• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 mizzwaves

mizzwaves

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:ASIDE FROM BEING A SUPERNATURAL BUFF I WATCH A LOT OF MOVIES AND T.V. I MEAN A LOT. REALLY. A LOT. AS LONG AS IT'S GOOD, I'LL WATCH IT. OF COURSE ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS IS T.A.P.S. I REALLY DON'T GET NEARLY ENOUGH SLEEP SO I DO THAT WHENEVER I CAN. I HAVE THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS DREAMS SO I'M KINDA BIG INTO DREAM INTERPRETATION ALSO. I WOULD CALL MYSELF A SENSITIVE. I WON'T GET MAD IF YOU DON'T. I WENT A WHOLE WEEK ONCE IN A CONSTANT STATE OF DE JA VU. AS IF WHEN IT HAPPENS OCCASIONALLY ISN'T UNNERVING ENOUGH. ANYWAYS...THAT'S ME.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

Without going into great detail about my experiences...I have had a couple of INTENSE episodes of being "TOUCHED". I was JUMPED on!!! Thing jumped on my back while I was laying in bed on my stomache. The weight and force of it was so heavy that my whole body arched up and pushed the air out of me. TWICE!!! Never ever after that day did I sleep in that room with the door closed. THE only reason I didn't scream for my mama was that I was 23 when it happened! Other than that...I've experienced what feels like someone running their fingers thru my hair.

"NO GOOD WITHOUT EVIL...
NO INNOCENCE WITHOUT LUST...
NO LIGHT WITHOUT ME...
I AM DARKNESS"
THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS
FROM THE MOVIE LEGEND

#22 bigmamasandi

bigmamasandi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:I own two carpet stores. I have a great best friend, he is also my husband. I love to help people whenever I can. I think all Libras are this way. I moved from Houston to Bossier City about 15 years ago. I really love it here.

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Raffles @ Oct 24 2007, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually watching an episode of ghost hunters where they went to an armoury to investigate and it reminded me of something that happened to me when I was younger.

It happened in the same place as another story I posted but I clean forgot about it until recently.

Pevious occurrences

Well several years, maybe ten, after that all happened I was in the house alone one winter evening and had just got a sandwich from the kitchen. On the way back to the bedroom I heard a floorboard creak from one of the other rooms so I took a look to see if there was anyone about. I couldn't see anyone and I carefully checked all the rooms in turn. I returned to the bedroom and was walking around the bed to sit at the TV when I felt something brush my foot. This happened in the exact same corner all the stuff in my previous post happened in BTW. I couldn't see or hear anything around and even checked under the beds. Nothing. I just chalked it up to an overactive imagination and being alone in the house. Nothing really of note here you say but the weirdest bit is still to come!
About 45 mins or an hour after this I went and got some juice (note to Americans, here in Scotland all drinks except alcohol, hot drinks and milk are referred to as juice:). ). There wasn't any in the fridge. If I remember rightly that was why I was on my own as everyone else had gone food shopping. So I headed back through to the room. As soon as I entered the room I felt that it was really cold. I felt the same sensation on my right foot. I stopped dead and looked carefully around and couldn't see anything that could have caused it. I took a few steps forward until I was right in the corner of the room ( it was pretty small so the bed was squeezed tight in there and had to be walked around to get into the room properly). I heard the same creak as earlier from behind me and as I turned to see what it was something hit he back of my lower legs with so much force it knocked them right out from under me.
Whatever it was hit me so hard my legs went right up before my body had a chance to fall meaning that I came right down on my butt with my legs still up in the air. I hit the ground pretty hard and was in quite a bit of pain. After a couple of minutes I managed to crawl onto the bed and lie for a while until I was less winded. I lay there for about half an hour after this happened until my parents came back. I explained what happened but we couldn't figure out what caused it.

Just a question. Why would someone call all beverages, except those containing alcohol, juice.
Sandi ( Intelligent, Curious American)

#23 karniee

karniee

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:I'm a homely kind of person who dotes on my son and husband. I have pondered all lifes many questions sometimes making my head explode at trying to find the answers to which I now realise I will never find....doh! I hate haggis but love blackpudding. Addicted to crochet and anything arts and crafty! Pretend to like the gym but know i'm in denial about the whole losing the jelly belly!! I love questions and people fasinate me. I like to people watch and get inside their minds to see how they tick!!

Posted 17 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE(wolfsight @ Oct 7 2007, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Folks

I am just curious if anybody has or does know someone who has been touched by a entity...Also what it did or does feel like.. I have yet to have a physical encounter with a spirit but i have caught some EVPs before...

How do you prepare yourself for something like that? Even afterwards so after you get touched or whatever you dont go into a state of shock or nervouness..?

thnx

dj

I remember being at my monster-in-laws (ha ha only joking) house about 2 months ago and I was walking through to the kitchen with my empty tea cup when I felt a harsh prod on the top of my left arm. It startled me because there was quite a bit of force to it! I actually stopped dead in my tracks, looked round, nothing there and went into the kitchen.

It was freaky but I wasn't scared because the house was full of people and I felt safe but if I had been on my own, I would have pooped my pants!!

#24 Encladeus

Encladeus

EVP

• GS Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:57 AM

I don't know if 'touched' is the right word. I had something pounce at me while I was sleeping. The only reason I remember is because before it happened/before whatever it was sprang at me I had gone from a point in sleep where there was nothing but silence and blackness (a normal sleeping phase, apparently). It was like my consciousness was a little fist sized invisible ball hovering inches above my head. My body's head was on its side facing a wall, while I was facing the opposite direction as the ball-thing. While I was like this I couldn't move... until I was startled awake by this shadowy whatever stabbing at my chest with its right arm.

It's very possible that was just a freaky dream. I don't remember what it's touch felt like, it just startled me is all. Although I was telling this story to a friend while some entity that looked like a black pool of shapeless darkness was listening in the corner behind me while I spoke. When I described being stabbed (which I honestly can't say really 'hurt') an arm of the thing shot out like a bullet for my heart. Nice dark sense of humor, there. I didn't see it very well, I just kept on getting these visual impressions of something black and shapeless behind me. When that arm stabbed at me it kind of caught me off guard. It didn't hurt, but at the same time it felt achingly suggestive that it should have hurt a lot. I dunno, it was a weird sensation. Again, it startled me more than anything else and that kind of takes away from remembering the moment clearly. I've heard of people getting 'holes' in their aura's that certain things might try to siphon energy through, or manipulate a persons thoughts.

I don't know for sure what those two things that touched me were, but I think they were probably human (if only in origin). The first one was shaped like a human, but was just a shadow that kind of stood there staring me down for a while (no eyes visible though, no sharply defined details). The other I think could have been human once, but didn't bother to present itself that way. Anyway, it's too easy to dismiss the first incident as a dream since it happened while I slept.

I don't recall ever being physically 'tapped' like others describe, but I might not be as sensitive as the others.

#25 Jody

Jody

Apport

• GS Member
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting (of couse), Graphic Design, Camping, Traveling (if I could afford it), Games (When time allows it), spending time with son, and Hanging with good company.

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

I've had many odd feelings or sensations that I'm sure had to do with a ghost such as tingelling, warmth or cold, goose bumps, pain in the back, etc.

There are only three occations I can honestly say I know someone touched me.

The first time my sister and I were doing an investigation at a friends house.  We were walking down the hallway to one of the childrens bedrooms when I felt a handl, fingers and all, push me on the right shoulder blade.  I was the last one walking in the hall so there was know one behind me.  It didn't scare me.  It wasn't menacing, but rather felt like someone was trying to get me to hurry or get out of there way.  all in all I was to excited to finally feel something to be scared.  My sister Stacy feels touches often and I has like finally they touched me instead.

The second time I felt a touch I was sitting in my room very upset about a lot of things not going well at the time.  Although I've never had a nervous breakdown or anything I do believe I was very close to it that night.  All of a sudden It felt like someone put their arms around me in a tight hug.  It was the most peaceful warming thing I had ever felt in my life.  With in seconds it felt like the tension and sadness I was feeling just melted away, and left me with the most peaceful feeling, that I just knew everything would be OK and would work out.  The only thing I can think of is that my grandmother came to reasure me in a time of need, and boy did she do a good job.

The last time I can remember being touched was while I was sleeping.  I was at the point when your not totally awake but are aware of outside influences.  I could feel someone squeezing my right arm.  It had alot of pressure and hurt a little.  As I started to wake all the way up I started to yell "stop squeezing my arm it hurts" (thinking it had to be my son trying to wake me up for some reason) and realized there was no one there.  Even after I was fully awake it continued to tingle a bit.  I wasn't scared, but rather in a state of shock tring to figure out who it could be.  It was kind of hard to rationalize who it could be when you're still out of it from just waking up.  

Well those are my only stories.  Although I welcome more touches exspecially ones like the hug, I do hope that any more I feel (other than the hug) only happens when I
I'm fully awake and hopfully while I'm investigating.  As much as I love anything to do with ghosts, I don't care to exsperience them by myself at night while tring to sleep.  That gets a little to creepy for me.

Jody

#26 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

When my grandfather passed in 1982, he stopped all the way across the country to place his hand on my shoulder. It scared the crud out of me because it was cold and I was alone, a long way from home. The second time, I was bumped out of the way by a ghost/spirit of a woman in a big plantation house as she waked past me. The only thing I really felt was shock....not the electric kind, the "OMG, did that really just happen?" kind of shock. hee hee!!!!
heart.gif
Ravenheart

Edited by RavenHeart, 26 December 2007 - 12:18 PM.

#27 Stacy

Stacy

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:My main interest is my children! But I am interested in all things paranormal. Ghost hunting is my favorite hobby!!

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

The first time I was touched was in a house my ex-husband (Martin), my son, and I lived in.  Martin and I were fighting that night, and I was still mad when I went to bed.

I was laying on my side, facing the wall, and shortly after climbing into bed I felt this tap tap tap, on my shoulder.  My husband hated my going to bed mad at him, and I knew he was trying to get me to roll over to apologize to me.   As I was still too angry to hear or accept an apology I just ignored him.

A couple minutes later once again I feel tap tap tap on my shoulder, and again, I just ignored him.  This continued about every ten minutes, just as I was about to drop off to sleep.

By the fifth or sixth time I was starting to get really irritated, thinking why can't he just take the hint, I'm not in the mood to hear anything he has to say.  The next time I just got flat out boiling mad, so I turned over ready to give him a good hard slug in the arm, only to find him turned the opposite direction, snoozing away.

This went on a couple more time's, till I finally sat up, said "this isn't very f...ing funny, I just want some ....... sleep, leave me the ....  alone."

After that it stopped, and it never happened again.  

I have been touched many time's since then, and although that just felt like a normal tap on my shoulder, I have had other feelings.  Sometime's its a tingling sensation wherever they touch, sometime's its tingling along with a cold or warm feeling.  I have felt pain like someone pinching me a few time's.  I also get a really bad back ache, find it hard to breathe, feel pressure in my head, as if someone is squeazing it, and also sometime's feel a heavy pressure, like someone has jumped on my back, and I find it hard to move or walk.

Each 'ghost' seems to come with its own signature feeling.

Stacy

#28 Sithwitch13

Sithwitch13

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

I'm fairly sure I have been.  I felt a cold hand on my leg once about ten years ago.  I was wide awake, watching South Park, and huddled under three layers of blankets and then I very distinctly felt a very, very cold hand (fingers and palm, not just a lump of cold sensation) on my lower leg.  I freaked out, jumped out of bed, and didn't climb back in for two hours.  It was a new house but possibly old land--there were some other things that happened to me in that house and a friend in the same subdivision told me once that she was constantly bothered by knocking in the wall of her equally-new house.  It wasn't threatening but it was weird.
"There is a pleasure sure in being mad which none but madmen know." -Dryden

My Livejournal
My art

#29 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

Once when I was in a hospital room alone trying to get to sleep... I felt the coldest thing I have ever felt in my life wrapped around my ankle.  It felt like a hand and I found out later that the floor that I was on was considered highly haunted by the hospital staff.

When I lived in a haunted brownstone in NYC... I used to feel light touched on my arms and legs while watching television.  It took about a year before I realized what was going on.

Lastly... when I was living in an old building that every tenant knew was haunted... I was throwing out the trash in the incinerator in the hallway of the building when I felt someone grab me around my waist from behind and push me.  It was such an unmistakable feeling that I yelled out thinking it was my boyfriend trying to scare me "Hey... what are you doing?"... but when I turned around... no one was there!

Champell

#30 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(champell @ Dec 27 2007, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was throwing out the trash in the incinerator in the hallway of the building when I felt someone grab me around my waist from behind and push me.  It was such an unmistakable feeling that I yelled out thinking it was my boyfriend trying to scare me "Hey... what are you doing?"... but when I turned around... no one was there!

Very creepy experiences, Champell.  This one in particular would probably have given me a heart attack.   confused0068.gif

#31 Ms. Tify

Ms. Tify

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my family, art, scrapbooking, listening to loud music, reading, photography, writing, are you still reading this? Seriously?

Posted 27 December 2007 - 06:49 AM

I was touched once, but it felt warm and comforting. so  I think my experience was a visit from a loved one who has passed, and not from a haunting.  

Most people who have been touched by a ghost say it was cold, which leaves me pondering why that is.  Do they suck all the warmth out of you when they touch you, leaving a cold sensation behind?  What do you all think?
Life's a match in a gas tank, don't ever mourn the ebbing tide, just dance on fire and enjoy the ride.

#32 champell

champell

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Interests:Children<br />Animals<br />Nature<br />Ghosts<br />History

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Dec 27 2007, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very creepy experiences, Champell.  This one in particular would probably have given me a heart attack.   confused0068.gif

You know.... it was more like what the heck????  It was such a definite occurance that I couldn't even be frightened... just amazed!!!!

Champell

#33 johnnyrebel

johnnyrebel

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Civil War, Confederate History, Ghosts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:54 PM

I have had several experiences at the place where I work during the summer, the Farnsworth House in Gettysburg. I was in the front hall and myself and some other employees were discussing Jeremy, the ghost of a small boy who died and still roams the house. Jeremy loves to play with doorknobs and giggle and run down the halls at night. He also likes to touch people. As we were talking I felt 2 sharp tugs on the leg of my pants, just like a child would if it wanted to get your attention. It was so sharp the other people actually saw the tug! They were in disbelief and I was a little shocked at first as well. But you have to get used to that type of stuff working there. If anyone
wonders if the Farnsworth is haunted, I have seen and heard some crazy stuff there, thats for sure.
JohnnyRebel.
"If you surrender you shall be treated as prisoners of war, but if I have to storm your works you may expect no quarter."
- Nathan Bedford Forrest , CSA Cavalry General -

#34 sugaree

sugaree

Orb

• GS Member
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:tired of trying to ignore what ive been seeing and feeling all my life, i'm ready for answers

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Weirdest encounter i've ever had being touched has to be at the Cafe I used to work at.  Every now and then when I'd go into the basement or the back room I'd feel as if something were tickling me - like little fingers at the sides of my stomach.  It freaked me out the first time, but I got used to it.  I also remember one of the guys who I worked with came up from the basement one day and insisted something had been 'playfully poking' him in the butt cheek (not sure what that means exactly), but every time he turned around no one was there.  

Every now and then I'd hear giggling or knocking, but I'd ignore it.  Everyone on staff joked about objects being moved or noises we'd here or occasionally random smells, but we chalked it up to street noise or random restaurant smells/smells from neighboring lots (or just us all being crazy).

Years later I was talking to someone about the cafe and they said that part of that building (the back room of the cafe' and what was then the lot next to it) used to be the old Church's orphanage.   I may have made 'friends' with one of the children's spirits, I guess.

#35 karniee

karniee

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:I'm a homely kind of person who dotes on my son and husband. I have pondered all lifes many questions sometimes making my head explode at trying to find the answers to which I now realise I will never find....doh! I hate haggis but love blackpudding. Addicted to crochet and anything arts and crafty! Pretend to like the gym but know i'm in denial about the whole losing the jelly belly!! I love questions and people fasinate me. I like to people watch and get inside their minds to see how they tick!!

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hey There...

....I have recently had a child climb up and over me and settle in the bed next to me. It was totally cool. Not scary at all. In all this is the third time this has happened to me. Once I got a hard poke in the arm from a spirit! LOL

I protect myself in light all the time so I know that any spirit that interacts with me is not negative. Having spirit physically touch you is not scary and feels the same as living person touching you.

#36 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Late 70's  I was in bed I felt the pressure of a hand on my arm could have been the same night I thought I saw my mom  go past my door....it wasn't her

#37 Strider

Strider

Orb

• GS Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

View Postkarniee, on 14 March 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hey There...

....I have recently had a child climb up and over me and settle in the bed next to me. It was totally cool. Not scary at all. In all this is the third time this has happened to me. Once I got a hard poke in the arm from a spirit! LOL

I protect myself in light all the time so I know that any spirit that interacts with me is not negative. Having spirit physically touch you is not scary and feels the same as living person touching you.

How do you protect yourself in light?

#38 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Interesting. I hadn't noticed this thread before.

Yes, I suppose you can say I've been touched. It usually feels like a cat walking on the bed, or climbing on me.

I have a little gray kitty now, and had a big orange kitty growing up. When my gray kitty climbs on me, its always because she wants attention and she has a tendency to announce herself each and every single time she enters a room or comes near me (she's the most talkative cat I've ever met), so if she doesn't answer me, it's really weird. Usually if she doesn't answer, then I sit up and feel around for her until I touch her and THEN she gives a great big loud "meow".

But there are times when there's nothing there. I could swear that I felt those little footsteps stop around my waist or move up near my head, but there is no cat there. I think its my little orange kitty from when I was growing up. She died two weeks shy of her 20th birthday. I was 27. I still remember the day I picked her. I was five years old, and my dad is a butcher. The company he worked for at the time had a small slaughter house in town and they used to have a white kitty as a mouser. Well she got pregnant, and his boss let me choose one (with my parents agreement of course). All the boys were white with little black dots on their chest just like their mother. There was five of them. The only girl in the litter was a very large orange and furry female kitty, and of course I chose her to take home. Losing her really hurt. I think she still visits me and probably always will.

#39 Ghuoest

Ghuoest

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the Great Pumpkin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

You had me worried when you mentioned your dad being a butcher. Usually when you pick things out from a butcher, it goes on the chopping block.  :crazy:

#40 karniee

karniee

EVP

• GS Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

View PostStrider, on 16 March 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

How do you protect yourself in light?

Hiya Strider....

Basically I meditate and ask my spirit giudes, loved ones and Guardian Angel to bring forth a protective light from the Divine (God source) and allow it to enter through the top of my head (crown chakra), down through the core of my body and out through the soles of my feet to connect with the earths energy. I imagine tree roots wrapping round my feet and up my shins....to keep me grounded because sometimes working with spirit can make you feel light headed or whoozy. I then envision the white light coming back up through the soles of my feet and activating each charkra on the way up through my body....once the white light comes through my crown chakra, (the top of my head), I imagine it pouring out and over my physical body, finally sealing itself under my feet so that I am completely encapsulated in Divine white protective light. When I am out in places that make me feel uncomfortable...I am able to expand that 'egg' of light by thought to give me extra protection.

I hope this helps...feel free to ask me any questions, Strider. XXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users