• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Just before I tell you folks this story, I want you to know that in the 160+ years that this church has been in my community, it has been destroyed twice.  Once by a fire, and once by a tornado. I do know that people were killed in both incidents, but I am not sure how many.

Here is my story...

When I was in high school, I joined my church youth group, and we would have these church lock-ins once a year from 7pm-7am.  During these lock-ins, we would play a hide and seek game called "sardines".  In this game, you turn off all the lights in the church and send one person to hide for 10-20 minutes.  If the second person finds that person, then they have to hide with them until the third person finds them, etc.  I got picked to be the second person, so I waited 15 minutes while my friend Andrew went to hide.

Fellowship Hall in the basement was clear, so I passed through the ground floor to go to the upstairs area, where the childrens' classrooms are.  The first two rooms were clear.  When I got to the third and final room, I opened the door and felt movement behind me.  I turned around and saw a dark shadow in the form of a man go out the door to the bell tower (the opposite door from where I entered the classroom area).  The weird thing is, this shadow did not make a sound when it (supposedly) went down the steps that lead out the door (these steps are made of steel).  I listened very carefully, and did not hear a thing through the quiet darkness.  I thought it must have been Andrew, but I found him hiding behind a desk in the room I was about to enter.  I told him about what I saw, and he said that he saw a shadow come out of the first classroom I looked in.  He said he thought it was me, so he hurried and got behind the desk in the third room.  We hid behind that desk and waited for Bobby, who found us, and the game continued until the last person found us all.  Bobby mentioned that he saw someone walk really slow through the ground floor hallway, and whoever it was, they did not make contact with him and he said it was too dark to tell who they were.  He said that he felt unusually sick to his stomach after this "person" left the hallway.  Jim, one of the youth group leaders, said that he saw the same "person" in the ground floor hallway that night, and had the same sensation come over him.

Just to let you know, the area where everyone waits to go find the people who are hiding is a game room/kitchen area in the basement on the opposite side of where Fellowship Hall is at, and it is extremely hard to get to any of the upper floors without making some type of noise (trust me, I have tried).  Over the four years that I was in the group, other people have claimed to see shadows on the third floor while playing "sardines", but as far as I know, no one else has seen the "person" in the ground floor hallway that "walks slow".

Thanks for reading!

Adam, aka NightWalker_07

Edited by NightWalker_07, 09 August 2012 - 10:24 PM.

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#2 lordcactusjack

lordcactusjack

EVP

• GS Member
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. like: Stuff, stuff, and more stuff I'm to lazy to type.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:42 PM

Wow! I would have been scared!

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Postlordcactusjack, on 09 August 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Wow! I would have been scared!

It is very hard to not be scared while you're in that church in the dark.  You might not see anything, but you always have a feeling that someone is walking right behind you, or in the room with you.

Posted Image

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hi, nightwalker07.

It helps to get use to walking around in the dark.   Just because we can scare ourselves by not being familiar with it.    lol    And quite often what goes on during the night can be going on during daylight hours as well.

Are you a "ghost hunter" or "sensitive" to your environment?

ps a psychic tickle is similar to having radar.   It can bring you up out of sleep wide awake simply because there is an unknown blimp on your screening of the environment.  It's very unconscious until you learn to recognize it. You are literally "In the Zone".

It's very similar to that experienced by professional athletes.    Being in the end zone at basketball games allows you to see the focus of the player that makes that last winning shot.   No kidding.  There's no description for it unless "breath taking" does it for  you.   It does me.    Outwardly it appears to be very similar.

If you're awake, you might be forced to back peddle so that you don't break your neck when you look see what it is that has literally seized your attention.   Things of that nature.

A "psychic tickle".  Posted Image

The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#5 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostMenet, on 10 August 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Hi, nightwalker07.

It helps to get use to walking around in the dark.   Just because we can scare ourselves by not being familiar with it.    lol    And quite often what goes on during the night can be going on during daylight hours as well.

Are you a "ghost hunter" or "sensitive" to your environment?

ps a psychic tickle is similar to having radar.   It can bring you up out of sleep wide awake simply because there is an unknown blimp on your screening of the environment.  It's very unconscious until you learn to recognize it. You are literally "In the Zone".

It's very similar to that experienced by professional athletes.    Being in the end zone at basketball games allows you to see the focus of the player that makes that last winning shot.   No kidding.  There's no description for it unless "breath taking" does it for  you.   It does me.    Outwardly it appears to be very similar.

If you're awake, you might be forced to back peddle so that you don't break your neck when you look see what it is that has literally seized your attention.   Things of that nature.

A "psychic tickle".  Posted Image

Hello again Menet.  I think I understand now :) when you put it like that, it really makes a lot of sense.  But you and I both know that it is still fun to check on what you feel or what you hear lol

Posted Image

#6 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Gotta pay attention.  Posted Image
The ultimate test of skepticism is questioning your own beliefs-attributed to Johannes Kepler (1571-1630) Mathematician & Astronomer

#7 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

And unfortunately no, I am not a ghost hunter, but I feel that I am sensitive to the environment in that church for some reason.  The darkness seems to heighten my senses, but when the lights are on in the church, I feel nothing.  I don't feel scared, I just feel like I'm being watched....  But I still have yet to feel a feeling like when I was watching my Uncle's house.  If you haven't read that story, you should.  It's in the "Let's Talk About Ghosts" section :)

Posted Image

#8 Beatlefish

Beatlefish

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, music, tv, reading ghost stories, conspiracy theories, real life mysteries.

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Cool Story and sounds like a cool game too I don't think I have ever heard of it. :)

#9 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostBeatlefish, on 10 August 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Cool Story and sounds like a cool game too I don't think I have ever heard of it. :)

It is very fun.  You should try it.  It is more fun if there is more ground to cover, like in that church :)

Posted Image

#10 Nort Thalem

Nort Thalem

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

While I do have occasional night terrors that might explain it, I've had three wake-ups where I twisted around to face the closet the instant I woke up without thinking. Each of the three times the same tiny, vivid apparition was in my closet. I don't know if I sensed something or if the thing forced me to look at it, but it woke me up much like you say, zero to "HOLY PROFANITY" in a tenth of a second.

#11 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:04 AM

View PostNort Thalem, on 10 August 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

While I do have occasional night terrors that might explain it, I've had three wake-ups where I twisted around to face the closet the instant I woke up without thinking. Each of the three times the same tiny, vivid apparition was in my closet. I don't know if I sensed something or if the thing forced me to look at it, but it woke me up much like you say, zero to "HOLY PROFANITY" in a tenth of a second.

Hello Nort Thalem :) I have had that happen numerous times.  It freaks the you know what out of me as well lol

Posted Image

#12 QueenChacon

QueenChacon

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I would have been scared!  Tres spooky. Thank you for sharing.
Mom of 5 great kiddos :heart: Wifey to a sweet hubby. :heart: Believer in the paranormal and wanna be fitness guru :ninja:

#13 mosthauntedsam

mosthauntedsam

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

I've heard about Churches being haunted but it's always played in my mind in why such a religious place would have a haunting. Sppoky story aswell.

#14 Laurnabeth

Laurnabeth

Orb

• GS Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:56 AM

Churches honestly have always scared me.
Posted Image

#15 TheWorstDaive

TheWorstDaive

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 09 August 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Just before I tell you folks this story, I want you to know that in the 160+ years that this church has been in my community, it has been destroyed twice.  Once by a fire, and once by a tornado. I do know that people were killed in both incidents, but I am not sure how many.

Here is my story...

When I was in high school, I joined my church youth group, and we would have these church lock-ins once a year from 7pm-7am.  During these lock-ins, we would play a hide and seek game called "sardines".  In this game, you turn off all the lights in the church and send one person to hide for 10-20 minutes.  If the second person finds that person, then they have to hide with them until the third person finds them, etc.  I got picked to be the second person, so I waited 15 minutes while my friend Andrew went to hide.

Fellowship Hall in the basement was clear, so I passed through the ground floor to go to the upstairs area, where the childrens' classrooms are.  The first two rooms were clear.  When I got to the third and final room, I opened the door and felt movement behind me.  I turned around and saw a dark shadow in the form of a man go out the door to the bell tower (the opposite door from where I entered the classroom area).  The weird thing is, this shadow did not make a sound when it (supposedly) went down the steps that lead out the door (these steps are made of steel).  I listened very carefully, and did not hear a thing through the quiet darkness.  I thought it must have been Andrew, but I found him hiding behind a desk in the room I was about to enter.  I told him about what I saw, and he said that he saw a shadow come out of the first classroom I looked in.  He said he thought it was me, so he hurried and got behind the desk in the third room.  We hid behind that desk and waited for Bobby, who found us, and the game continued until the last person found us all.  Bobby mentioned that he saw someone walk really slow through the ground floor hallway, and whoever it was, they did not make contact with him and he said it was too dark to tell who they were.  He said that he felt unusually sick to his stomach after this "person" left the hallway.  Jim, one of the youth group leaders, said that he saw the same "person" in the ground floor hallway that night, and had the same sensation come over him.

Just to let you know, the area where everyone waits to go find the people who are hiding is a game room/kitchen area in the basement on the opposite side of where Fellowship Hall is at, and it is extremely hard to get to any of the upper floors without making some type of noise (trust me, I have tried).  Over the four years that I was in the group, other people have claimed to see shadows on the third floor while playing "sardines", but as far as I know, no one else has seen the "person" in the ground floor hallway that "walks slow".

Thanks for reading!

Adam, aka NightWalker_07
i and many others have had similar ill experiences in a church. it would seem that the houses of god also house many a dark being or place. the church i grew up in had a basement area that the elders of the church went down into together to bless and rid it of evil, they came out and said no one should go down there. the elders of the church couldn't even combat whatever dark force was down there. i believe your story because i've seen a similar thng in my own church

#16 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:16 AM

hmmm, note to self. Churches harbor evil...

#17 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 16 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

View PostCDS, on 16 October 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

hmmm, note to self. Churches harbor evil...

I'm not so sure about that... but churches sure attract a lot of good.  :innocent0005:  
So are we even concluding the shadow guy was evil or demonic??
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#18 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,929 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:21 PM

It might not have been a dark entity. It may have been using your energy to manifest, which was were the ill feeling came from, the sapping of your energy.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 02:13 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 16 October 2016 - 09:21 PM, said:

It might not have been a dark entity. It may have been using your energy to manifest, which was were the ill feeling came from, the sapping of your energy.

Thank you for pointing that out.
file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FB_IMG_1485297485578.jpghttp://s1262.photobu...xibarn.jpg.html

I give up lol

#20 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,279 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:40 AM

Yes, thanks MacCGStudy
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users