• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 SquirrelLover0222

SquirrelLover0222

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

my google chat has been acting really weird recently. sometimes when I'm on, talking with my friends a new chat window will open without any name on it. it just pops up and then when i try to figure out who's there, like i type in the chat window, my screen will go go fuzzy for a second. this has happened to me a couple of times now and i can't figure out whats going on. i think that it might be a ghost or some kind of supernatural being/presence that is trying to communicate with me. could this be a cybernatural occurrence? how should i communicate with it to see if it is friendly or not?

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Not sure about that one.  Sometimes when I'm using Windows on my laptop (I also have Ubuntu), my browsers will just shut down out of the blue and it is usually when I just start them up.  Doesn't matter if it's Firefox or Chrome.  Sometimes my wallpaper changes on it's own.  It could just be a glitch because my laptop is 5 years old.

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#3 PIT leader

PIT leader

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:ghost-hunting,videogames,metal music,horror films

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

Sounds more like a computer virus to me.
We have such sights to show you!

IF YOU HAVE TIME, VIEW MY VIDEOS (NOT PARANORMAL) AT   https://www.youtube....cGDuiN3AKqdqNpQ

#4 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

I thought mine was, but my Antivirus doesn't ever pick anything up, and my computer runs fast like the day I bought it.  I just ruled it out as a glitch in the system.  SquirrelLover's problem sounds more like a hacker.

Posted Image

#5 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

First for NightWalker, both Firefox and Chrome will shut down occasionally for no reason (actually the reason is Firefox is glitchy and will encounter a fatal error processing a website and Chrome is quick to shut down when it feels it's overloaded by data... most of the time Chrome dumps it's because I'm trying to load a Java applet game).

As for the chat:  I am inclined to think it's something to do with the application or, perhaps, a hacker trying to infiltrate.  Change all your passwords to a temporary password, uninstall the chat program, clear cookies and temporary files, run antivirus, updates and do basic backup/consolidating (since you're messing with all this anyway), then kick your security up to a fairly high level (the highest level you can stand without swearing at the computer constantly) and reinstall/update your chat application.  Finally, change your passwords to new, normal passwords.  If this doesn't work it's just glitchy.  If it works you're now much safer from attack than you previously were.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#6 SquirrelLover0222

SquirrelLover0222

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

thanks for the suggestions, but i actually did a bunch of that stuff already, after it happened the first time. i thought that it could be a hacker or a virus, but non of the things that i have done to protect my computer have stopped it from happening. the fuzziness and pixelation keeps happening. what if it is a spirit trying to communicate? have any of you heard of other cybernatural occurrences like this?

#7 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

I did once have someone who had died try to communicate with me through the computer.  It was not through any chat programs or anything like that but more concrete things that would make me think of said person.  He wound up, after a short time, talking to me in another way.

If cleaning everything up isn't working I'm still going with bug in the program.  Check out the faqs and the help site on it -- I bet you'll find the exact problem you're describing.

Posted Image

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#8 SquirrelLover0222

SquirrelLover0222

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

so, Tantric Kitten, you do think that spirits can contact the living through computers? what types of things do spirits do when they want to communicate? how could i tell if it is a spirit or another type of cypernatural presence?

#9 Sam.

Sam.

Orb

• GS Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

I think you've got a spyware or a malware in your computer. Absolutely nothing to do with ghosts. These kind of infections can really messed up your computer and make it act in a very odd way. I recommend you to rid your computer of any potential threats beofre it gets worse: Format your hardrive and reinstall Windows. A computer technician can do that for you. Otherwise there is some good software available that can removed these infections.

After that, you computer will get better. :)

Edited by sam_comm, 07 June 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#10 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Tantric Kitten, on 07 June 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

First for NightWalker, both Firefox and Chrome will shut down occasionally for no reason (actually the reason is Firefox is glitchy and will encounter a fatal error processing a website and Chrome is quick to shut down when it feels it's overloaded by data... most of the time Chrome dumps it's because I'm trying to load a Java applet game).

As for the chat:  I am inclined to think it's something to do with the application or, perhaps, a hacker trying to infiltrate.  Change all your passwords to a temporary password, uninstall the chat program, clear cookies and temporary files, run antivirus, updates and do basic backup/consolidating (since you're messing with all this anyway), then kick your security up to a fairly high level (the highest level you can stand without swearing at the computer constantly) and reinstall/update your chat application.  Finally, change your passwords to new, normal passwords.  If this doesn't work it's just glitchy.  If it works you're now much safer from attack than you previously were.

Well I knew Firefox was glitchy, but Chrome?  I thought Chrome was supposed to be perfect?  Google sure makes it out to be the perfect web browser ;)

Posted Image

#11 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:18 PM

The things that happened to me were things that cannot be easily explained away, like the power strip being turned on and the computer booting up as I entered the (locked) office or coming in after having logged out of my user and not used the computer for a day or two to find it on a specific website that was associated with the person in question.  Chat windows opening can be easily explained.

I know you'd like me to go much more in depth with what happened.  I can't do that.  Please accept my apologies, I do have reason.  What happened in that situation is very unlike what's happening to you now and was only deemed paranormal with further information that came through other channels.

Posted Image

#12 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

Looks like it is indeed paranormal then.  Take some pictures next time something happens.

Posted Image

#13 Safire973

Safire973

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:58 PM

Gmail and chat is nortorious for being hacked.  Get yourself a dang good password that you'll remember and see if that stops it.

Google has also been making alot of changes between email, youtube and google+ as well.  That might be having an effect on you,

I must say - I don't have any issues with Firefox at all.  Of course, I probably just cursed myself...

https://howsecureismypassword.net/
I fully believe that not everyone is meant to see things; some things you just aren't meant to know.

#14 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Safire973GStudy, on 08 June 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Gmail and chat is nortorious for being hacked.  Get yourself a dang good password that you'll remember and see if that stops it.

Google has also been making alot of changes between email, youtube and google+ as well.  That might be having an effect on you,

I must say - I don't have any issues with Firefox at all.  Of course, I probably just cursed myself...

https://howsecureismypassword.net/
I have had more luck with Firefox than anything....  And now that I said that, I might have just cursed myself too :o

Posted Image

#15 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:27 AM

Your computer virus program may not say it has a virus but that doesn't mean you don't have one. Like people, computer viruses are sneaky and there are new ones all the time. Have you tried googling the problem to see if others have had the same one? Often, that will bring up an answer.

#16 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

moiraesfate, on 11 June 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

Your computer virus program may not say it has a virus but that doesn't mean you don't have one. Like people, computer viruses are sneaky and there are new ones all the time. Have you tried googling the problem to see if others have had the same one? Often, that will bring up an answer.

I know you weren't talking to me, but I wanted to add to your comment by saying that my Dad ran his antivirus, anti-spyware program, and anti-malware program every day, or every two days.  Turns out there was a small virus that took out his laptop and the antivirus never caught it.  It scares me though, because he got his laptop 5 years ago like I did.  Hopefully mine doesn't go down that road...

Edited by NightWalker_07, 11 June 2013 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image

#17 SquirrelLover0222

SquirrelLover0222

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

do you guys believe in cybernatural entities? like, do you think that it's even possible for a ghost or even a demon to communicate through a computer/ the internet?

#18 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Since they are electronic devices I believe entities can manipulate them just as they can other electronic/electrical devices.  I don't believe in demons so, no, demons can't do anything on the computer at all.  I don't think it's at all likely that they would type out a conversation with someone.  That's partly because it would take some mighty sophisticated manipulating to do so and partly because I think extended, direct communication like that is "against the rules."

Posted Image

#19 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:19 PM

NightWalker_07, on 11 June 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

I know you weren't talking to me, but I wanted to add to your comment by saying that my Dad ran his antivirus, anti-spyware program, and anti-malware program every day, or every two days.  Turns out there was a small virus that took out his laptop and the antivirus never caught it.  It scares me though, because he got his laptop 5 years ago like I did.  Hopefully mine doesn't go down that road...
Yeah, totally freaks me out sometimes too. I once saw a virus send a hard drive spinning and it didn't stop. Burned out the hard drive in ten minutes. Granted, these kinds of really vicious viruses are rare.

SquirrelLover0222, on 12 June 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

do you guys believe in cybernatural entities? like, do you think that it's even possible for a ghost or even a demon to communicate through a computer/ the internet?
I suppose anything is possible, but I really doubt it something like that would exist. As well, I don't believe in demons.

Edited by moiraesfate, 13 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#20 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

My hard drive spins like crazy sometimes, but as I said, its 5 years old.  Its probably just wear and tear.  I'm starting to wonder though...  I had an antivirus a couple years ago called AVAST and I deleted it.  The only problem is the icon is still in my menu bar with a big red X over it.  I have scanned my laptop many times to see if anything can be found relating to tthat program and it has yet to find anything.  I even did a search and nothing came up.  I'm not sure how that icon is able to stay on the system.

Edited by NightWalker_07, 15 June 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users