• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

One of our supervisor security guards was at the smoking area just now.  He is working a 12 hour shift today because he said they have had a lot of turnover lately.  He works in the control room and monitors all the cameras in and around all our buildings.  He said it is hard to stay awake some nights.

I jokingly asked him if he has seen any ghosts on the video feeds.  He said "yes, kinda".  I asked if he had seen video of a ghost here at work.  He said he has not seen an apparition or anything like that.  But, he said that he has seen on several occasions in the wee hours of the morning around 2-3am.  The revolving door at the front of the building was activated and rotating and a badge had just been scanned to activate the door.  When he looked at the monitor for the camera on that door, he sees the door spinning.  There was no one there.  He said he can see the whole lobby inside the building and the area outside in front of the doors which is all glass.  He said that he has pulled the badge info from the scan log and each time it has happened, the system had logged a badge that is not in the system with a name that is not in the system.  He said it was a different name / badge # every time.

He said he fills out a report on it every time with camera #, time / date stamp and badge info for his boss.  He said his boss always tells him it was a glitch.

This is not the building a I work in.  It is our main building that our execs work in. ...glad I dont work in that building!

Edited by Louczar, 04 October 2016 - 10:09 AM.

Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

security guards see a lot of strange happenings. I worked at Yellow Stone National Park and I was talking with the night security man at the Old Faithfull Inn. it was his job to walk in and around the inn at night. He said he had seen apparitions, or heard foot steps in the Inn at night when no one was around. He said he found ways to rationalize the noises etc..., but one night at about three in the morning he was up on the third floor mezzanine on his rounds, every thing seemed normal, guests where snug in their rooms. ho got about halfway down the stair case leading to the second floor when he heard a load noise like furniture being moved across the floor he went quickly back up to the third floor to find several heavy chairs stacked in a pyramid on top of one of the tables. he had only been gone literally seconds before hearing the noise. it happened too fast for a person to have done it, and the chairs were solid and heavy, he was a big man and had a difficult time  unstacking the chairs by himself.

#3 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

Cool, Security guards get see and experience so much more than we do.

Years ago I was working a night shift at a former cordage factory. It had been turned into a mall. I went to school with one of the security guards. I was on break and we got to talking about the place. I had mentioned to him, how the basement gave me the creeps. Also, earlier as I made my way to the ladies room, which is located down a short hallway, across from the security office. As I approached it, i could have sworn I saw someone going into it a head of me. When I went inside, there was no one in there with me. There's only one way in and one way out if it. She never went past me.

As I was talking to him, the other guard went on his rounds. We were watching him as we talked. We saw him go past a large container garden and tracked him as he went around. We lost sight of him and was scanning all the cameras trying to see where he was, my friend called him and asked, "Where are you.". He told him and said he was on his way back. A moment later, he called in again. He said, "We have an intruder." My friend asked, "Where, what's happened?"  He told us and my friend located him on the cam.

My friend told me, "Don't go anywhere." I looked at him and said, "No problem." He took off, locking me in the office. I looked at the screen and saw that the container garden was ripped apart. There were plants and soil everywhere. When they came back, we looked at the security feed, one second everything was fine and then there was a glitch in the feed. Everything went statistic and when the image corrected itself, the destruction of the garden was visible. The glitch was no more than a second, we couldn't figure it out.

Also, the elevator near the ladies room and the security office, goes up and down on it's own accord.  My break was over and I headed back to work. As I approached the elevator, I heard the doors open and close downstairs. I thought that was odd, the guys were in the office and my boss was still in her shop. I had seen her on the cam as i was leaving the office and her shop was on the other side of the mall. I heard it rise up to my floor; the elevator doors opened and there was no one in it. I said out loud, "Um, thanks a lot, but I'm going to use the stairs." The doors closed and it proceeded to go down to the ground floor.

I also would hear people walking about, sounds of machinery going and at times men talking. All when there's no one there. Also, there were times, when I'd hear footsteps walking up behind me and when I turn around, there was no one there. Man, did that make me hustle my buns.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#4 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 11:47 PM

Those are great stories. These are the type I enjoy reading about. Thank you all for sharing!!
www.twitter.com/speer989
www.facebook.com/hickoryvfw6166

#5 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:04 PM

building engineers, maintence crew etc also experience a lot of things.  They're often in parts of the building where no one else goes.

#6 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:32 AM

I make small talk with several of the security guards here at work.  Since my discussion with the one I started this thread about, I have asked the others if they have been in the control room and experienced the same thing....which none had experienced it.  Of all of those I spoke to, a couple said they have heard creepy noises late at night.  One of them, a big 270lb 6'2 ex marine told me that he gets creeped out late at night around here.  Weird sounds and eerie feelings that he is being watched.  He said he will skip areas at night because of the creepy feelings.  But, he says he has never seen anything and the sounds are not out of place for the area and he can rationalize them.  He seems to be the most afraid of all the ones I have talked to about working nights.  LOL...The biggest guard is the most afraid :-)
Life is short, enjoy it!

#7 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostLouczar, on 06 October 2016 - 06:32 AM, said:

...  LOL...The biggest guard is the most afraid :-)

Since he's an ex-marine, he'll have a more heightened sense of his surroundings. They have to fine tune there senses to survive, when on active duty and they need to know what's going on around them. So, I'm not surprised he'd be more weirded/creeped out, when in a haunted area. ;)

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

So,  I have talked to a couple other security guards that are on rotation in our building.  They all have said that working nights is creepy.  But, all but one have said they have not seen or heard anything that was really obscure for this place.  I work for a computer processor company and there are LOTS of development systems in the lab and most are running all the time.  Most of these systems are running via scripts and reboot during the night and run different tests / benchmarks while beeping or playing a video and such.

The other security guard was not so keen to talk about it.  I told him what the other guard and asked him if he has encountered anything really strange?  He looked at me and said that he has no desire to talk about what he has seen during night shifts...  Now, I wish he really would!!!!
Life is short, enjoy it!

#9 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 07:11 AM

:lol:

Posted Image

My Shop

#10 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

geez that security guard really knows how to make a great atmosphere! now we all want to know what he's experienced!
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#11 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:31 AM

View Postearthlydelites, on 07 October 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

geez that security guard really knows how to make a great atmosphere! now we all want to know what he's experienced!

I am in the office today and he told me that he was working this weekend.  I have not seen him yet.  But, he will walk his rounds he makes every 2 hours.  I will stop him and see if he feels like sharing...
Life is short, enjoy it!

#12 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

I talked to him a few minutes ago.  He said that he was shown the video and the badge info for one of the times the revolving door was activated.  He also said that in that building, they have motion activated cameras in front of the elevators.  These cameras have turned on late at night when no one has been seen.  He said one of the elevators will trigger an activation alert as well and then go from the 1st floor to a different floor.  No one on the elevator either.  There is a camera in there too.  But, you cant see the buttons in the elevator from its angle.  He said that building is his LEAST favorite building to walk rounds in....
Life is short, enjoy it!

#13 Mikaru

Mikaru

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

I wonder if you could tag along with one of the security guards sometime.

Great stories! Thank you!
file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/FB_IMG_1485297485578.jpghttp://s1262.photobu...xibarn.jpg.html

I give up lol

#14 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:45 PM

That would be awesome if you tagged along with them! (although probably not possible!)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#15 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

I could ask if I could tag along or such.  I know they will say no.  The same on if I asked to see the video.  Only they are allowed into the control room as well.  I wish they would let me!!!
Life is short, enjoy it!

#16 biblophile

biblophile

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:paranormal, books art

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:55 AM

maybe I should get a job as a night security guard  for a while to see what I might see.

Edited by biblophile, 12 October 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#17 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:43 PM

I met another security guard here today.  I've seen him around a little bit for several weeks.  It was today that he was working the main desk in our building.  His name is Phillip.  I asked him how he liked working here and he said "Nights here are creepy".  I had not even told him about what the other security guards had said.  Phillip has not seen or heard of the videos.  I told him about them.  He then went on to share some other stuff.

He said that he worked in a hospital and he had to take dead bodies to the morgue sometimes.  That the entire time he worked in the hospital he never felt like someone was watching him or anything eerie / creepy....other than taking bodies to the morgue and he said it was no big deal.

He said he worked as a security guard in a very old hotel in the Carolina's.  I think he called it the Grove something something or something with grove in the name.  He said in orientation, they were made aware that the hotel was haunted by what witnesses called a woman in a pink dress.  He said that place gave him the creeps.  Lots of odd sounds at night.  On more than one occasion, he was doing rounds on floors that no one was staying on that floor and he would hear doors closing and at times he thought he heard whispers when no one was around. He said that was the creepiest place he ever worked.

Phillip is gone for the day.  I emailed him to get the name of the Hotel.  He said it was built in the early 1900's.  I am willing to bet that most here already know about that hotel :-)
Life is short, enjoy it!

#18 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:54 PM

Do you mean the Omni Grove Park Inn, in North Asheville, NC?

Posted Image

My Shop

#19 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:05 AM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 12 October 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

Do you mean the Omni Grove Park Inn, in North Asheville, NC?

Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.  Yep. He is working the front desk in our building again today.  I talked to him for a few minutes when I got in.  He said that the 3rd and 4th floors (of the original Hotel, as it has been expanded and built bigger around the original structure) were where he heard the most sounds and was creeped out the most..

He did say it is a very ritzy hotel these days and a lot of celebrities and high political figures have stayed there.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#20 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:40 AM

Yeah most Omni hotels are glamorous. They own the Mount Washington Hotel in NH.

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users