• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:17 AM

350 days ago, I parted ways with my brother Bryan after he had become a dark and evil influence on my life.
When I wouldn't do something he asked me to do, he threw a rock at my office window and broke it.
That was the last straw. I have not spoken to him since and if he sets foot on my property, he will be arrested.
Today i said goodbye to both Twitter and Facebook because they aren't fun any more. They have both become
political battlegrounds filled with Anger, Fear and Hate and I don't need the deity frippin' drama.
I am drawn too easily into the fight and I take things a little too seriously.
I want to be free and happy, just like I was before the Internet came into my life.
Give me Music to listen to, books to read and a road to travel down, God as I understand HIM and I'm good to go. :)
Avoid Twitter and Facebook.
Peace

Posted Image

#2 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,177 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of anger and ignorance out there, especially on social media. I still use twitter and FB though. I rarely tweet, but it's great for fast breaking news. I follow people and topics I'm interested in, so I'm relatively up to date.

FB is good for keeping in contact with and having fun with friends, although it's more of a cesspool of hate and stupidity than twitter. I learned early on that some people are so set in their ways that its pointless to engage them. I just shake my head and move on.
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Glad you have found your inner peace again :)
Posted Image

#4 earthlydelites

earthlydelites

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

I just ignore the things that don't interest me - I don't get drawn in to the debate :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Interesting statistic with men, social media and age. Less than 10% of men use social media like Facebook over the age of 50. Women are driven to connect more than men in this way apparently thus the huge statistical imbalance.

I deleted my Facebook accounts a few years ago entirely but I will be re-initiating them simply for a marketing tool this year. It's a necessary evil that I'm unsure how well I will adjust.

On the other hand, a friend of mine who was deployed to Iraq used Facebook frequently to stay connected to his family. I suppose it comes down to realizing that social media should be used as a tool and not as a life.

Edited by EVP, 19 March 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#6 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 122 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

I've had FB for both myself and my team. Twitter and Youtube as well, all linked so all are updated automatically.
I have had no issues at all with any of it. I just don't have a tonne of friends on FB and stay away from a lot of drama. It is a great networking tool. My website is great but my FB page gets 3X the action. Just the way it is
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#7 VlawdeGStudy

VlawdeGStudy

Board Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,177 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

That's the key..avoid the drama.
Posted Image

#8 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

That's a lot of the reason I choose Twitter over DramaBook. If you can't whine or complain about something or someone in 140 characters or less, it isn't worth posting nor do I want to see it.
www.twitter.com/speer989
www.facebook.com/hickoryvfw6166

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users