Re: Social Media

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:17 AM

350 days ago, I parted ways with my brother Bryan after he had become a dark and evil influence on my life.
When I wouldn't do something he asked me to do, he threw a rock at my office window and broke it.
That was the last straw. I have not spoken to him since and if he sets foot on my property, he will be arrested.
Today i said goodbye to both Twitter and Facebook because they aren't fun any more. They have both become
political battlegrounds filled with Anger, Fear and Hate and I don't need the deity frippin' drama.
I am drawn too easily into the fight and I take things a little too seriously.
I want to be free and happy, just like I was before the Internet came into my life.
Give me Music to listen to, books to read and a road to travel down, God as I understand HIM and I'm good to go. :)
Avoid Twitter and Facebook.

#2 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Yeah, there's a lot of anger and ignorance out there, especially on social media. I still use twitter and FB though. I rarely tweet, but it's great for fast breaking news. I follow people and topics I'm interested in, so I'm relatively up to date.

FB is good for keeping in contact with and having fun with friends, although it's more of a cesspool of hate and stupidity than twitter. I learned early on that some people are so set in their ways that its pointless to engage them. I just shake my head and move on.
My Signature
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Glad you have found your inner peace again :)
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:06 PM

I just ignore the things that don't interest me - I don't get drawn in to the debate :)
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

Interesting statistic with men, social media and age. Less than 10% of men use social media like Facebook over the age of 50. Women are driven to connect more than men in this way apparently thus the huge statistical imbalance.

I deleted my Facebook accounts a few years ago entirely but I will be re-initiating them simply for a marketing tool this year. It's a necessary evil that I'm unsure how well I will adjust.

On the other hand, a friend of mine who was deployed to Iraq used Facebook frequently to stay connected to his family. I suppose it comes down to realizing that social media should be used as a tool and not as a life.

Edited by EVP, 19 March 2017 - 09:55 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.:"
----Bertrand Russell----

#6 chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 181 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

I've had FB for both myself and my team. Twitter and Youtube as well, all linked so all are updated automatically.
I have had no issues at all with any of it. I just don't have a tonne of friends on FB and stay away from a lot of drama. It is a great networking tool. My website is great but my FB page gets 3X the action. Just the way it is
My Signature
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#7 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:06 PM

That's the key..avoid the drama.
My Signature
Posted Image

#8 ShawnGStudy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

That's a lot of the reason I choose Twitter over DramaBook. If you can't whine or complain about something or someone in 140 characters or less, it isn't worth posting nor do I want to see it.
My Signature
Your Leading Gettysburg Paranormal Authority
Twitter: @WinFBLeague

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com