• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:13 PM

So I am sitting here looking for something to watch on tv, and I was like "Oh, Ghost Adventures is on!", so I started watching, and... I got so scared. And it's not because of ghost and stuff, I am cool with that.. It was.. ALIENS! Greys to be specific. You guys, the thought of them gives me soooo much anxiety that I will be very on edge for a few days. (Note, I have never ever as far as I can recall, have any events in my life connected to aliens.)

After I calmed down a bit, I figured I post here and see what makes you guys shake in your boots.

My list goes goes from Most feared, to least.

1.Extra Terrestrials/Greys in general
2. Public places
3.Murky water/deep water
4.Being trapped in a sinking car
5.Heights
6.Bridges collapsing
7.Falling
8.The dentist
9.The act of dying (I am cool with living, and cool with the after life, it's the transition that scares me.)

So, what scares you guys?
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#2 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:47 PM

Mine are as follows:
  • Suffocation
  • Claustrophobia
  • Burning alive
  • Heights (looking down from and falling from them)
  • Deep holes
  • Deep water (deeper than thigh high)
  • Anything around my neck
  • Groups of people (more than two)
  • Looking out windows at night
  • Spiders

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:51 PM

View PostMacCGStudy, on 15 April 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

Mine are as follows:
  • Suffocation
  • Claustrophobia
  • Burning alive
  • Heights (looking down from and falling from them)
  • Deep holes
  • Deep water (deeper than thigh high)
  • Anything around my neck
  • Groups of people (more than two)
  • Looking out windows at night
  • Spiders
I hate looking out the window at night, like you can't see very much, and at any moment a boogaly-boo could jump up and scare you

#4 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,013 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:18 AM

Heights for sure.... even a 40 foot rock climbing wall at the mall horrify's me.
Oh, and I will never ride a roller-coaster again, ever! That, hands down, is my worst fear ever!

Posted Image

Never going to happen!
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#5 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:45 AM

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 15 April 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

I hate looking out the window at night, like you can't see very much, and at any moment a boogaly-boo could jump up and scare you

That's why I hate looking out of them at night. I've seen things, that scared the crap out of me, too many times.

Posted Image

My Shop

#6 Dazzled Dad

Dazzled Dad

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:21 AM

That something bad will happen to my kids.

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

View PostDazzled Dad, on 16 April 2017 - 03:21 AM, said:

That something bad will happen to my kids.

I used to worry about that too when I was younger. It is a horrible feeling!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

Enclosed spaces and water. I don't particularly like heights even but they don't send me into paralysis like enclosed spaces do.

Just to give some examples...

One year my husband and I went to the Smokey Mountains. Beautiful incredible place. If you ever get the chance, you should really visit. Next time, we want to stay in a cabin instead of a hotel.

They have museums there that are quite alot of fun. In one, there was this little cubby where you can bend down and crawl through. It's actually a good size and there's space down there for me. The problem is that I got inside up to my waist and I couldn't move, my husband had to pull me out by my legs and I had tears rolling down my face. Another time, there was a bridge over what was obviously only about a foot deep black chasm. There was a tube rolling around it with lights in pitch black. The entry door to the museum was at the end. There was a grab bar on either side. I seriously had a paralyzing panic attack by the time I was half way through it. I couldn't even move with my eyes closed. Oh there was space around me, and logically I knew it, lots of space, but I couldn't get through, I just couldn't. It felt like the place was closing in on me due to the way the lights were seated. I stood there crying until my husband came to get me. He had me close my eyes, then he led me through by holding both my hands. I had to sit down after. I don't like elevators, tents, etc. Anything that is a small space, although at least elevators are quick. Its completely illogical, and utterly terrifying.

I know where the fear of enclosed spaces comes from. My first husband used to think it was funny to wrap me in a blanket so it covered my head and tickle me so hard I felt like I was dying from lack of air. There's a reason he's my ex. But I have never gotten over it.

And the water. I almost drowned when I was a kid so I've been afraid of water ever since. I can't even put my face under the shower when the water comes down, I have to splash it on my face. I don't like boats, although I can handle them. But I can't swim so going swimming is out of the question. Although my exhusband didn't help with that when I told him I was afraid of the water, but he wanted to go anyway and then dunked me in the water. When I came back up, I punched him so hard it left a mark on his chest. Didn't even realize I did it until after the fact. And he actually got mad at me.

Now there are things that I don't like such as large groups of people (say more than 5 or so). I can usually handle that for a couple hours before I need a break. Spiders gross me out but only so much that I go on a weekly hunt for them in my house and kill all of the ones I find. I don't like heights but I also find them exciting so I like the window seat in an airplane but not standing on top of a tall building.

I'm not afraid of dying. When I was a kid, I was and wanted to live forever even if it was a member of the undead like a vampire lol. Now that I'm older and almost died once already, it doesn't scare me anymore. I know there isn't any heaven or hell, it's just the end. So long as you don't want to stay, anyway, and haven't suffered a trauma so bad that you're having trouble letting go (in which case you become a ghost).

#9 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

That's easy...Dying alone.
Posted Image

#10 Muriel

Muriel

Apport

• GS Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

Good Evening!

I am afraid of clowns and balloons.  The one and only clown that does not instill fear and panic in me is Emmit Kelly.  I have warm feelings for this gentleman.  Check him out:

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Emmett_Kelly

Muriel!

#11 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:27 AM

I think it's safe to say, as a group, we stay away from carnivals lol

#12 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Shadow Ghost

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:22 AM

View PostMuriel, on 17 April 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

Good Evening!

I am afraid of clowns and balloons.  The one and only clown that does not instill fear and panic in me is Emmit Kelly.  I have warm feelings for this gentleman.  Check him out:

Muriel!

I love Emmett, too. I also like Grandma, from the Big Apple Circus, but he retired.

Posted Image

My Shop

#13 eeek8

eeek8

Orb

• GS Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Two fears of mine:

1) Ocean waves.  Not regular ones... I still like swimming at the beach.  More like big tsunami waves.  Or if I were on a ship in the middle of the ocean and an enormous wave sunk the ship.  The planet with the large waves in Interstellar freaked me the flip out.  I also have no desire to go on a cruise.  

2) Public speaking.  People always say "the more you do it, you'll get over it", but in the last 19 years that has failed to happen.

#14 chapsparanormal

chapsparanormal

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigation, Martial Arts, Travel, Geocaching

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Frogs/toads and turtles.

No idea why, small reptiles and amphibians just scare the hell out of me
Dave Gibb,
Director Canadian Haunting and Paranormal Society
http://www.chapsparanormal.ca
Liaison TAPS Family International.
Oshawa Ontario Canada

#15 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

View PostMuriel, on 17 April 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

Good Evening!

Muriel!

Oh No! lol, I posted balloons on  ' April the giraffe ' to wish you birthday ....don't look!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#16 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

I'm not really sure what I'm extremely afraid of...  I'm going to have to say the one thing that would scare me the most would be my brakes going out on a big hill.  Nope, just nope lol

I know that my sister is very afraid of knight armor statues.  Apparently, that fear came from the game "Resident Evil 4".  I can't say I share that same phobia.

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#17 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Interests:Knowledge Seeker, Astronomy, Music, bLogging, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Heights
Wasps
My dark side
Posted Image

#18 Valence

Valence

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:14 AM

I have abandonment issues so I'm always scared that my friends will leave me behind and completely forget about me because there are better friends out there. It's very similar with my constant fear of not being good enough. Oh and I'm also afraid of speaking in front of an audience. Spiders and other critters are also very unnerving. :blink:

Posted Image

I dreamed a dream so pretty that I don't feel so depressed,

'cause it soothes my inner kitty and it helps me get some rest

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fears, phobias, scary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users