• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Late last week, the Midwest was home to a storm that resulted in devastating flooding that closed many highways and interstates in Missouri.  My wife and I actually went on a trip to celebrate our anniversary and almost thought we weren't going to make it home because Interstate 44 in Missouri was closed in several spots.  Luckily, we were able to take a few alternate routes and wound up finding our way home safely.

Meanwhile, this flooding has devastated towns like Union, Missouri (overflow from Bourbeuse River), and Fenton, Missouri (overflow from Meramec River).  When we passed Union on one of the safer parts of Interstate 44, you could not even take the exit ramp because it was under water.  These areas saw flooding that was worse in some parts back in 2015, but this year's flood was more statewide than just one little area.  There is also more rain to come in the forecast, so please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers.

Map of Missouri Roads/Highways Closed by Flooding

Aerial Photos of Meramec River Flooding

Bourbeuse River Flooding at Union, Missouri

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:52 AM

Yes for sure, glad you both are home safe :yes:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

Thanks Klainey!  Yeah, it was sort of nerve-racking because most of the 18-wheelers were lost and the drivers aren't used to two-lane highways, so they were either going way too fast or really REALLY slow.  A lot of them were pulled over trying to figure out if they were even on the right road.  It was definitely an experience to remember!

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#4 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 07 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

I'm glad you got home safe. Since it's been raining here, I've had to double check to see what roads are closed before Mr. goes to work. I always tell him to turn around and don't drown. Also that we need to get our dog some floatys.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#5 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Yep, don't go into any roadways where even a little water is standing.  I actually was hydroplaning on the way to work last Friday and I was only going 55mph on the interstate.

I hope MrFrootLoops is still able to get to work safe!  And better yet, get your dogs some little yellow raincoats and hats :)

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#6 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:51 PM

Hydroplaning is not fun, it's like "Noooo I'm not ready to die, stop it car!"

Lol yeah, there are multiple ways for Mr. to get to work. His only obstacle really is getting out of the neighborhood, lol, there is only one way in and out, And it floods sometimes. Lol! my dog is at that awkward size where one size is to small, and the next size is to big. He use to have a Kentucky University hoodie, but he kept peeing on it because it was to big. So we stopped putting it on him because washing it every time he came back in was getting to tedious.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users