• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:00 AM

2 security guards at work saw my coworker do something they deemed wrong ( coworker used a ball point pen to open the lab door because his badge wouldn't work) and decided they would put a chip on their shoulder to try and give coworker a bunch of crud.  The coworker had a "i dont care" attitude.  So security got HR involved.  A low level HR person emailed him and threatened his job.

This coworker is on the short list to be promoted to Fellow this year and is in communication with several VP's and our CEO almost nightly to discuss his progress on some very hot issues.  He is very vocal and crazy smart.

Once HR got involved, he went over the top.  He wrote an email to the head of security, Director of HR, our VP and his boss.  He spelled out the problems with security processes in our building and how HR should handle it.  He made a list of action items and assigned them to security and HR.  He went on to explain that they could fire him if they want (our VP told him that will NOT happen).  He went on to say that if they try to put a black mark in his file or do anything else to reprimand him...he will leave and go work elsewhere.

The low level HR woman started emailing him and not copying the other people.  He would copy all of them when he responded.  The coworker was even more mad off now.  He reached out to people he knows at other high tech companies and already had a lunch interview with several from one place.  The VP of HR called him to tell him there will not be any black mark in his employee file and there will not be ANY note in his file about this.

This could end up bad for a bunch of people if this coworker leaves the company over this.  Everyone goes to this guy when they are stuck and need help.  There is no part of anything we do here that he cannot do....and that is why the CEO and the VP's all know him and talk to him.  He gets the hard problems fixed!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:09 AM

Wow, to be a fly on the wall. It looks like the employer needs the employee. Hope it all works out!
Posted Image

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:42 AM

I tell you, everybody wants their 15 minutes of fame.  It seems like there's always someone out there that will do anything they can to try to hurt another human being.  It sounds like this guy is very successful and someone just doesn't like the recognition they are getting.  Hopefully this gets better for where you work, Louczar.

This sounds a great deal like the security guards at the warehouse I work at.  They try to act so intimidating and they don't realize that we are all under a lot of pressure.  I worked security at another warehouse and tried to understand the fact that the employees we were trying to protect did not have an easy job.  The security company that I worked for and the one that works at the warehouse I'm currently at are supposed to smile and greet you with a smile and a "good morning", but they stand there like they are uncomfortable and greet you with a grimace and a grunt.  We have to walk through metal detectors on our way out of the facility and yes, I understand they have to be on their guard to make sure no one is trying to walk out with merchandise, but at the same time, this place hasn't had any new hires in almost four months, so if we were a problem, we would have been out of there a long time ago.  These guards also have to realize that they are not police officers, and they do not carry weapons, so standing their all scary-like is not in their job description.  Sorry to rant about that, it's just been on my mind for a while lol

Posted Image

"Somehow through it all...  We carry on...

Raise you up when you fall...  We carry on...

Bury the past...  Wounds remain...  Through it all...  A desire to live again"

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:37 AM

If you need a security badge to enter the lab and someone can use a pen to bypass the security measures I believe that is something that needs to be reported. Maybe not to get the person into trouble but to fix the flaws in the system. Heck, the employee himself should have reported the issue.  I dunno, that's just kinda how I see it.

#5 Louczar

Louczar

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

View Postlorac61469, on 10 May 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

If you need a security badge to enter the lab and someone can use a pen to bypass the security measures I believe that is something that needs to be reported. Maybe not to get the person into trouble but to fix the flaws in the system. Heck, the employee himself should have reported the issue.  I dunno, that's just kinda how I see it.

And that is one of the big points my coworker made.  Security needs to fix their process.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Doppelganger

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

Sounds a bit like my partner he is a retired builder and always when the boss gave him attitude he would threaten to pack up all his tools they were using and go home, no one else knew what they were doing. Funny how quickly things changed!
Posted Image

#7 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:35 PM

I used to get that from the system operators(?), when i was in retail. I had to tell a infuriated bride, that her registry wasn't in the system, even though she and the groom to be, had filled out the registry form a week prior. I told her, I would see what's going on and would be right back. I went upstairs and asked what's going on with the bridal registry? They told me you have to do this, this and that, to input a bridal registry into the system and they didn't have the time to input them, that it takes too long to do it. I'm thinking you've got to be kidding me. So, I grabbed all the registries (there were over twenty of them) and sat down at terminal and inputted all the registries in ten minutes. I then printed up the copy for the bride, walked back downstairs and handed it to her, while I apologized profusely for the delay..

Next thing I know, the tech manager came down and asked me how i could get them done so fast. I told her, you don't have to do all the loop de loops, that you all said I had to do, just to input them. She was stunned, as was the other system operators. I mean seriously! It's a sad state of affairs, when a person who is computer illiterate, can do what i did and it not occur to a techies, to do the same.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users