• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

I used to have an online friend who was a medium.  She was also Wiccan.  She had a friend (woman) who was also psychic and Wiccan.  But it seems her friend was more in to the Black Arts.  The two had a falling out and my friend told me that her ex-friend was "stalking" her psychically.  This ex-friend, so my friend reported, was also stalking her boyfriend and making him ill.  This ex-friend was causing all kinds of grief and havoc in my friend's life.

I had never heard of this and I haven't heard of it since losing touch with my friend.  Now that time has passed, I find myself thinking about that episode and wondering ...is this possible?  Could her friend REALLY have been harrassing her and her boyfriend psychically?  Or do you think it was more than likely spells she was casting?  Or a combination of the two?  Psychic powers AND Black Magic spells?  This is all very new to me and hard for me to understand.  It seems so bizarre.  

My friend was a very level-headed and nice person.  I doubt she was lying to me but could it have been just paranoia?
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#2 lilpeanut

lilpeanut

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:46 PM

blink.gif I suppose anything is possible if you believe they have that much power over you. I mean who knows, anything is possible I guess.. ermm.gif  Sounds  creepy.
I roam the world around to find myself........ and........here I am! Right where I have always been.

#3 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:43 PM

It could have been paranoia, but on the other hand, even something as simple as illwishing someone, even in a casual way can have an effect.  

IMHExperience, it's really not to hard to do shielding or to set up wards that almost anything negative will just bounce off of.   It takes more energy to send off something negative than it does to send off something positive.  Anything that would do harm is harder to deal with the energy bouncing back to the sender.

I know a Native American shaman who has AOL CDs (you know, the ones with "UMTEEN hours FREE")
hanging in the windows and from some of the trees in his yard.  He uses the reflective surfaces to baffle the negative vibes from the neighborhood.  (I'd call it "Environmental art" or "Installation art" biggrin.gif )

#4 LadyTimeLord

LadyTimeLord

Demon

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:52 PM

Making the boyfriend ill is possible...I know, I've done it before.

I dream I'm this adventurer. This daredevil, a madman. The Doctor, I'm called. And last night, I dreamt that you were there. As my companion.
~
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe. And... he's wonderful
~
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-of-effect...but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff.

#5 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,541 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(MONKish @ Jun 14 2006, 05:52 PM) View Post

Making the boyfriend ill is possible...I know, I've done it before.

I accidentally scared the  devil.gif out a boyfriend I was mad at:  I was home watching TV and FUMING at him in my mind.
At his upper flat across town, he AND HIS flatmates heard me call to him from the hallway, they called me in a panic to make sure I was ok.  We made up shortly after that. biggrin.gif

Edited by trin, 14 June 2006 - 02:55 PM.

#6 ghostsleuth

ghostsleuth

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:psychic profiler. spirtual minister. communicating with
    the other side. helping others and teaching.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

It seems that this Bad, Dark, so called friend forgot about the three fold rule.
I believe anything is possible.

Rena
She Dances Gently Upon Pointed Stone
Beneath The Waters of Neptunes throne...by Rena

http://www.ghostsleuth.com

#7 Amethyst

Amethyst

Official Ghoststudy Psychic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:26 AM

This is a subject I do not like to speak of, but................

What she is referring to is psychic attack.  This is very possible and does happen.  I would suggest to tell your friend if she has anything that this woman gave her she should throw it out immediately.  Those that practice the black arts can "charm" certain items to the point where they can watch what another person is doing.  They can also conjure "imp" like creatures to toment others.  They can also cast spells against people.

It would be a good idea for this woman to rid herself of anything this woman may have touched.  If this woman does indeed practice the black arts I would stay away from her.  Those people are pure evil in the sense that they think they can control others.  They do possess the power to put ppl under psychic attack as well.

Amethyst
IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED THEN SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!

ADVICE, WHEN MOST NEEDED, IS LEAST HEEDED

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer it gets to the end the quicker it goes!

"A heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" said the Wizard of Oz to the Tin Man.

#8 Claire

Claire

Living Dead

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,233 posts
  • Interests:Photography, painting and ghosthunting!

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE(Amethyst @ Jun 15 2006, 07:26 AM) View Post

This is a subject I do not like to speak of, but................

What she is referring to is psychic attack.  This is very possible and does happen.  I would suggest to tell your friend if she has anything that this woman gave her she should throw it out immediately.  Those that practice the black arts can "charm" certain items to the point where they can watch what another person is doing.  They can also conjure "imp" like creatures to toment others.  They can also cast spells against people.

It would be a good idea for this woman to rid herself of anything this woman may have touched.  If this woman does indeed practice the black arts I would stay away from her.  Those people are pure evil in the sense that they think they can control others.  They do possess the power to put ppl under psychic attack as well.
Amethyst

Thank you, Amethyst.  I'll put this subject to rest now.
"We all go a little mad sometimes."  Norman Bates

#9 debb6425

debb6425

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

I agree totally with Amethyst. I also have met someone that would play these games and take Wiccan to the Black side. He said he was a student of Wicca, yet he liked to play games with people.  He never liked me, I could always block his attacks, but my friend was not as lucky... First rule broken! I told her what was happening and that she had to stop it now.
I would also try a cleansing...couldn't hurt to rid their surroundings of any negative residue. Salt...candles...anything to clear the air around them...

#10 cleyranratgirl

cleyranratgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Any art that reveals what is hidden (numerology, astrology, psychology, palmistry, hypnosis, etc.) Japanese food, manga/anime, cats, corsets, coincidences, techno or rock music (although I mostly gave up on music long ago), play station games... that's all I can think of for now.

Posted 17 June 2006 - 03:12 PM

I've never personally experienced a psychic attack but i've seen them second hand, and i've heard of them. I read in a book called Modern Witchcraft or something of the sort, about a woman who couldnt stand her cowerker. Every night she'd use a visualization spell to go to the woman's house and radiate her hatred onto the woman, until her target bacame deathly ill so she backed off.

As far as psychic stalking I don't see why someone would bother, but I'm sure it's possible. There are some wierd people out there.

#11 ILoveDaleJr

ILoveDaleJr

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 06:44 PM

I'm sure there are people who work with dark magic but that does not mean they are wiccan. These people cannot possibly be wiccan because they are going against everything the faith holds true.

Saying this kind of person is taking wicca to the black side is like saying a satan worshipper is really a Christian they just take the beliefs to the black side. A satan worshipper is no more a Christian than these people messing with dark magic are wiccan.

These people are out there but they cannot call themselves wiccan. Wicca is not just working with magic. It is a belief system. If someone is working with dark magic and harming others then they are going against the entire belief system and cannot possibly be wiccan.

Any such person who calls themselves wiccan is either a liar or an idiot who has no idea what they're actually doing.
Posted Image

#12 debb6425

debb6425

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

OK, allow me to rephrase that then. This person was taking Wicca classes in town Boston and was practicing Black magic... I do realize that they are not one in the same.... He did tell everyone that he was Wiccan though...

#13 cleyranratgirl

cleyranratgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:Any art that reveals what is hidden (numerology, astrology, psychology, palmistry, hypnosis, etc.) Japanese food, manga/anime, cats, corsets, coincidences, techno or rock music (although I mostly gave up on music long ago), play station games... that's all I can think of for now.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 04:56 AM

In general I dont see why people bother with curses and such. If a person is so bad as to merit a curse, they have it coming to them anyway. I agree with what was said above, the stalkee should throw out anything that could be used as a link.

I find that few people take Wicca seriously. I used to be one, though I still follow most of the principles, and whenever someone found that out they'd be like "OMG!!! levitate me!!! or "Oh no, you're not gonna curse me are you??" Then of course i'd chuckle a bit and tell them they watch too much Charmed/Harry Potter.

#14 ILoveDaleJr

ILoveDaleJr

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 295 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:05 AM

I don't like to refer to myself as wiccan. I generally say that I'm pagan and that is only when I'm asked. It is not something I normally bring up. But I don't think of wicca in terms of magic. People always seem to go to that though. I can talk until I'm blue about the idea of nature worship and the changing of the seasons and the wheel, blah, blah, blah. All people want to hear about is the magic and they ALL make naive comments.

I had one friend who was so confused by it all and I tried to be nice and educate her but she wouldn't shake the idea that I was going to curse her. It didn't matter how many times i tried to explain that isn't what the faith is about. She was terrified of a broom!! I keep a broom on a hook just inside my front door. Engraved into the handle, in the theban alphabet, is the wiccan rede. I tried to explain the wiccan rede is similar to the "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you" idea. But she was certain it was a curse. dry.gif

So, I'm somewhat sensitive about the whole thing. I really get irritated when I hear about dark wiccans or wiccans who go around placing curses. Ugh! It makes no sense!!! I just wish people would learn more before they come to conclusions.

Posted Image

#15 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

I consider myself to be Wiccan, but I am eclectic and do not believe everything exactly as it is presented, (but I mostly do). Some who say they are Wiccan, are actually into WitchCraft, and I do not think these are always the same, which can create much chaos and confusion for people new to The Craft and to Wicca. For instance, whether it be of Wiccan origin or of the Craft, the blessing, "May you never Hunger, May you never Thirst" could be interpreted as a death curse. Thoughts are things that carry energy and they can harm or heal.....What a person believes can easily become who they are. I guess I am saying, "be careful about these things and protect yourself legally, physically and magickally (or supernaturally, if you prefer). To that I wish to add only this; "Control your thoughts or someone else will." and "Don't believe everything you think!!!"

Ravenheart

#16 LunaEclipse

LunaEclipse

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

Here is one thing that I've always believed. No one can put a curse on you, and have it do you any harm, if you don't believe they can. They can scream curses at you until their blue in the face, but if you don't put stock into it, it won't harm you. Just my two cents :-).

#17 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts
  • Interests:All things Paranormal, Spiritual, and Supernatural, . Love Music, Camping, Horseback Riding, Cinema, Photography, Art, Native American Story-Telling. Kundalini Reiki, Holographic Quantum Physics etc.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(LunaEclipse @ Jun 20 2006, 02:22 PM) View Post

Here is one thing that I've always believed. No one can put a curse on you, and have it do you any harm, if you don't believe they can. They can scream curses at you until their blue in the face, but if you don't put stock into it, it won't harm you. Just my two cents :-).

Something to consider is this:

What if my belief is stronger than your disbelief?
      Not that I would ever be stupid enough to try to curse someone, but it is something to think about.

Ravenheart

#18 The Light

The Light

Orb

• GS Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:46 AM

G'Day

Casting a spell on someone isn't easy to do. You must know what you are doing. Taking a spell someone else has writen will not work for you. A spell to be cast must come from the caster. Though playing with the Dark side comes at a price. If the spell back fires the the caster will find them selfs in a lot of trouble. You can not control the Dark side no matter what you think. A true pagan will tell you that using magic is very dangerous. It is only used for protection.

#19 cleyranratgirl

cleyranratgirl

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:02 AM

I agree with that. When I used to be Wiccan I found the inclusion of spellcasting quite ridiculous. It takes an emormous amount of concentration and puropose to get the spell to yield the results you want. And when you have these skills, you're so in tune with yourself that you don't even need spells anymore.

#20 RavenHeart

RavenHeart

Magickal Man

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(cleyranratgirl @ Jun 21 2006, 09:02 AM) View Post

I agree with that. When I used to be Wiccan I found the inclusion of spellcasting quite ridiculous. It takes an emormous amount of concentration and puropose to get the spell to yield the results you want. And when you have these skills, you're so in tune with yourself that you don't even need spells anymore.

If you have truely learned a lesson from spellcasting then perhaps, it is not so ridiculous.
Not everyone is so intuned with themselves and the universe. The amount of time and effort involved is a way to focus one's own personal energy into the Spell. One lesson or (Wiccan Mystery, if you prefer) is  that "you only get what you earn." Whatever you wish is not going to happen unless you are willing to put in the time and hard work necessary for a thing to manifest. When you finally understand that everything is magick, then you may wish to ponder if you are the recipient of a well-cast spell or the spellcaster him/herself. Another lesson in spell-casting is learning that if you don't have what the spell calls for, you use what you have.
       I respect your opinion on spell-casting, but I totally disagree that it is ridiculous!!!

Ravenheart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users