#21 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:46 AM

FWIW-  I've seen a self-illuminating orb with a long tail with my naked eye in a cemetery once meander between tombstones. No camera in my hand, naturally I was holding an audio recorder at that moment and missed a once in a lifetime image. Judging by the conditions, even if I had a camera, by the time I had the right settings it would have vanished. This wasn't any normal flash illuminated orb at all. Scientists speculate it to be a form of ball lightning or ignited swamp gas. I really don't know what I saw but it was VERY interesting.

On page one of this thread, Vlawde has a screen capture of a document explaining how orbs are caused with a pictorial. Just so you know, that screen capture came right out of a manual from a camera manufacturer. Judge whether that holds any weight but to me I would think *correction I know* they have a better understanding about optics than everyone combined here.

Edited by EVP, 22 May 2019 - 02:09 AM.

Posted Image

#22 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:08 AM

View PostLadydi, on 22 May 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

True North So are you saying you actually saw it with your eyes, not just on the photograph? That is really interesting.

Yes, I'm specifically talking about times each of us has seen tennis or softball-sized balls of light clearly with our own eyes, some quite closeup, during twilight hours or on nights with good moonlight where vision was unobstructed. No photos were taken, or at least no photos were taken worth sharing.

If anyone sees these sorts of orbs while out in the woods, be careful to not get too distracted by them and get led further and further off trail or away from your campsite or group.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charleston, SC, orb