Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

These always catch my attention:

http://mysteriousuni...yond-the-grave/

Throughout human history, there has been a powerful urge to communicate with the dead, and the persistent belief that they can also reach out to communicate with us. The specifics of how this happens have evolved over time with our means to do so. In the past, it was through seances, spirit mediums, rituals, or dreams, but we have come a long way and as technology becomes ever more advanced so it seems does the methods by which the deceased can reach out to speak to us. With recording equipment, we have come to be able to record the voices of spirits through what is known as the Electronic Voice Phenomenon, or EVP, whereas a mysterious phantom voice or voices which are not heard at the time of recording show up later on playback. An extension of this is the modern phenomenon of ghostly phone calls; literally getting a call, voicemail, or email message from the dead. After all, it makes perfect sense that in this age of phones and nearly everyone possessing a mobile device it seems like it would be the perfect way for the spiritual realm to try and reach out to contact us. Here we will look at some cases of ghosts that got with the times and allegedly made calls from beyond the grave.

One of the most high profile accounts of a call from the dead was made to none other than the best-selling author Dean Koontz, which he would later relate to author and biographer Katherine Ramsland. Koontz claimed that one day he received a call on his unlisted office phone and that when he had picked it up he could hear the voice of a woman, who sounded as if she were “far away.” Koontz explained that the woman spoke out with great urgency, giving the simple yet chilling statement of, “Please be careful.” When Koontz asked who it was, the voice did not acknowledge him, but rather repeated the same warning three more times, as the voice started to fade into the distance, after which the line fell silent leaving the author to sit there pondering what he had just heard. Eerily, he would claim that the voice had sounded exactly like that of his mother, who had passed away 20 years earlier, and he remarked, “It was such a strange call.”

Two days later, Koontz went to visit his father at a mental health facility, where he was being treated for unspecified “behavioral problems.” Allegedly, when Koontz entered the room, his father inexplicably lashed out at him with a small knife. The author was able to wrest the weapon away and claims that when he exited the room holding the knife he was confronted by armed police officers who ordered him to drop it. Koontz, who was still bewildered by the fact that his own father had just tried to kill him, tried to explain the situation but was warned that he was going to be shot if he didn’t comply. Finally, he did drop the knife and the situation was resolved, but not without sticking in his head forever. Koontz would later ponder whether the strange call he had received had been a warning from beyond the grave from his mother.

An even earlier account of ghostly phone calls comes from 1969 when a New Jersey rock musician named Karl Uphoff claimed he was called by his grandmother, with whom he had been close and who had died two days earlier. The elderly woman had been deaf but had still always called on the phone to him or his friends to ask if Karl was there, even though she couldn’t hear the response and much to the annoyance of his friends and bandmates. Karl claims that one night in 1969, he received a call while hanging out with some friends. On the other end of the line, he says he unmistakably heard the voice of his grandmother. When he asked how she was able to call when she was dead, the woman hung up. Over the next several days there would be numerous calls of this nature, and each time Karl asked her where she was or how she could call the line went dead. This went on for some time until the calls suddenly stopped.

#2 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,485 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

This has always been a favorite subject of mine.  I have never had this happen personally, but I know several people who have experienced this.

Thanks for sharing this, Menet!  Very good topic!
Posted Image

#3 Tantric KittenGStudy

Tantric KittenGStudy

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

I've never had a call but once I was trying to call someone about a mutual loved one getting in touch with me and the loved one said "forget about it"  in between the busy tones on my fifth call waiting for the other person to get off the phone.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 12:48 AM

oh that was a good  read, thanks Menet! I liked the one about the emails about the attic hahaha
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:30 AM

I can be a jerk sometimes.  My sisters have come to expect it :-).   In 1986, my brother passed away from cancer.  When he was alive, he would call and talk to all of our sisters a couple times a month.  We had one sister that we had the most issues with growing up.  My brother and I would mess with her and scare her occasionally.

A few weeks after he passed away, I called her.  When she answered "hello", I said "Hello, Mickey" and she went dead silent.  I never said that when I called anyone and that was the exact same way my brother always responded when someone answered.  after a good 5-10 seconds, she asks if it was me.  I so badly wanted to say "no" and freak her out :-).  I didn't do it
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:13 PM

Ha Lou, you're funny!

#7 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

Yes I find these experiences interesting too :yes:

Here is another :D

Peggy wrote:

In 1997 I went to my family Doctor for my monthly visit. I've been his patient for 10 years. So his staff knew me pretty well. After I finished my visit with the Doctor I went to the front desk to schedule my next month's appointment. The nurse said to me as I approached the desk, "Oh there you are Peggy!" I said, "Yes, what's up?" She replied, "Your Mom called & said she wanted to change your appointment for you today." I told her, "I thought I saw you go into an exam room, that you were already here."

I'm sure I looked really dumbfounded because she asked me what was wrong? I asked her if she specifically said my name & that she was my Mom? She said, "Yes, why?"  I said, "My Mother passed away 20 years ago, in 1977." I think she was a little shook, too.

I concluded that because I was having a  gastric bypass surgery before my next appointment that my mother was letting me know, I would be ok. As it turned out, I  almost die right after the surgery. Things went bad real quick! It was a fluke. Doctor's never know why I almost died. Anyway, it was a success in the long run. Thanks, Mom & to the Lord for the call!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#8 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 04:01 AM

Dana wrote:

My good friend David passed away about 4 years ago, we both lived in a very tiny community in Alaska, I had to make the 250 mile trip into town for an emergency surgery, (kidney and tumour removed) while I was in town recovering I received a call from my friend David, he told me he wasn’t feeling too well and going to go into the dr in Valdez but wanted to tell me he cared for me a lot and my kids and that no matter what he knew I’d be ok, that we would be ok. He said he loved us and then hung up. I found out later that day that David had actually been in a coma for two days and had passed earlier that morning. I know without a shadow of a doubt his spirit reached out to me, to say what he couldn’t say before :heart:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#9 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 10:49 PM

wow they are great experiences, and so detailed too! good reads :D

#10 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

These have always interested me, anytime I hear these stories they catch my interest. It's never happened to me, but I've heard of experiences happening to others. Thanks for sharing this! :)

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beyond the Grave, Phone calls