#41 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hi Mac,

Yeah, I know the feeling though not for the same reasons. I had brain damage after my accident, and my left leg has alot of hardware in it, plus it's not nearly as flexible as it used to be. Turning around can make me trip if my weight is on my left leg.

Stairs frighten me. When we started looking for a house, my one thing that I wasn't willing to bend on was that it had to be all one floor. Even the half step down into a storage room in our house scares me. If I MUST use stairs, I always grab hard to the grab bar and take the steps one at a time. It looks like a mountain going up and down a set up stairs. I've fallen down them before after my accident (8 times, I think, could be more). In fact, some years back, I was walking out of the my in-laws house and their very excitable little doggie accidentally bumped my left leg while my right one was in the air and there were no grab bars. I went down hard. I'm always scared the metal will break through my leg and I had scrapes all over my body after that. My husbands mum is a nurse and had some strong painkiller on hand. Luckily it was only muscles but I hurt so much a few hours later, I could barely move.

My skin isn't sensitive to sunlight, thank goodness. But I can't use anything with scent in it at all. I can't even wear perfume. Even hairspray makes me sneeze incessantly after it's been applied no matter the brand (why does hairspray ALWAYS smell?) so I don't use it. Sometimes even my clothing bothers me, though that's usually for a reason (like the wrong laundry soap). You might like to consider the same thing I did if it's not just sunlight that causes a reaction. Apparently cities use chlorine in the water to decontaminate it. Which is fine to do that but not fine for your skin. It dries your skin out, and makes most people itch. I bought a water filter shower head. I had to be replaced every 3 months (I think, might be longer. Depends on the one you bought) that will counteract the chlorine. It's been much better since then. I used to walk around constantly itching, it's not nearly as bad as it was but it still happens.

I seem to be developing allergies as I get older. It just really sucks.

#42 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:52 PM

We have a whole house water filtration system, so no problems there, thankfully. I can't stand floral scents. The only perfume/deodorant I can stand, are fruit based ones. Floral and baby powder scents trigger an asthma attack. The other day, I was in the deli, when a lady walked up, I swear she bathed in a floral perfume bath. I thought I was going to die. I've never moved that fast, trying to get away from her. I was gasping for air and she was totally oblivious as to what was happening. She just kept chatting on her phone. I almost lost my balance, when I took off in the opposite direction.

I've fallen down our cellar stairs six times on the inside stairs and once down the outside ones. On the inside ones, I always manage to crack my head on the cement wall half way down. The outside cellar stairs, i some how managed to hit my head four times on the way down; knocking me out and waking me up alternately. I ended up stuck at the bottom of the stairs, wedged between the bottom step and the door at the bottom. My Mom asked me, "Are you okay?"  I said, "Yes." She then said, "If you do that again, I'LL KILL YOU!"  And I thought, "Get in line, I'm doing a H*** of a job all on my own."  My balance problems have left me with 20 concussions. I just hope, that I don't end up being like those prize-fighters and football players as I get older.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#43 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

I can't imagine what it must be like to be allergic to sunlight. Though I do have an aversion to it lol. I'm a natural night owl. I read something about how only about 2% of the population on the planet are natural night owls. I get more alert and awake later in the day, and mornings are hell for me. I have to MAKE myself go to bed before midnight. I'd much rather stay up till 4 am and sleep till noon. I'm just glad my husband is the same way.

I seriously suggest you find a house that's all one floor. It will save your head, and probably other things too. I'm surprised you haven't broken anything yet.

Incidentally, I heard my doorbell ring about 10 am this morning. Not my new doorbell mind you, the one we disconnected because it wasn't making a "ding dong" sound anymore, just a light "bonk". My husband heard nothing as he fell asleep in the living room last night playing a video game. No one was at the door.

#44 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:01 PM

These ghosts sure love to mimic things. :lol:

My Mother often looks at me and shakes her head. I'll ask her, "what?"  She usually say, "How have you survived this long?"  My reply is generally along the lines of, "I don't know." :Picture 562:   I've lived my whole life in this house and I'll die in it. I don't ever want to move away. :)

This is a sampling of what the sun does to my skin, with 30 minutes of exposure.
Attached File  0710162209-00.jpg   107.1K   7 downloads

Posted Image

My Shop

#45 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Oh wow. I really have to say that is horrible. Do you have to take vitamin D supplements then? Because that's how we get most of that vitamin.

#46 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

Yes, I take 4000iu of D3 a day, as well as a multi-vitamin. I'm just thankful that my condition isn't as bad, as those poor children with Xeroderma pigmentosum, who could die with exposure to sunlight.

Posted Image

My Shop

#47 Jim@GhostStudy

Jim@GhostStudy

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,647 posts
  • Interests:Enjoy good people and wholesome activities.

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:32 AM

MacC... what's the source of your Vitamin D3? ........Safflower oil or Soybean oil? .........or a separate source?
Posted Image
Check out the GhostStudy.com "YouTube Channel!" Click here

#48 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 04 April 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

MacC... what's the source of your Vitamin D3? ........Safflower oil or Soybean oil? .........or a separate source?

It's a combination of soy bean oil, corn oil, and cod liver oil. The capsules contain 2000iu of D3 and I take them twice a day(breakfast & dinner).

Posted Image

My Shop

#49 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

I just can't imagine what that must be like. Of all the things you'd think we couldn't be allergic to, water and sunlight are two that you would think would be impossible. It must be difficult to live that kind of life since so much of life happens during the day.

Edited by moiraesfate, 05 April 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#50 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

You can get used to anything, if you have to. When i was a child, we thought I was allergic to something in the dirt. It wasn't until I went on a biking trip on Nantucket, that we found out it was the sun. Only because, all I was doing was riding my bike and not digging around in the dirt. I broke out all over and it finally click, it's not the dirt, It's the sun.

It sucks, because I was the one, who did all of the outdoor cooking, I would get sick all the time, when we had cookouts. Finally Mom put her foot down, if the rest of the family wants a cookout, then they'll have to do the cooking. So, now I get the prep work done in the kitchen, the guys do the grilling and I get to sit in the shade and eat. I still end up with a breakout, but at least it's a mild one.

Posted Image

My Shop

#51 moiraesfate

moiraesfate

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,391 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

Ok, so time for an update. I talked to my sister in law, who is a shaman, and she sent me several pieces of black tourmaline, small ones and one big one. I put a small one in each room of the house in the open, and the biggest one in my bedroom since it won't let me sleep. She also gave me a phurba and dorje which are used in Buddhist rituals (which rather doesn't fit my beliefs, but its very kind and I'll take all the help I can get) and meant for protection. Really they look like I could put them on necklace so I'm debating on that since they are rather pretty. And then I created a much stronger circle than I was capable of 6 months ago, and pushed whatever it was outside the house.

I haven't had a disturbance in 3 days. And actually been able to sleep. I'm renewing the circle every day at the moment. It had gotten to the point where it was bugging me every night. I just hope it stays this way.

Edited by moiraesfate, 14 April 2017 - 07:21 PM.

#52 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

I'm so glad to hear you're getting to sleep at night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, that this quiet period, becomes the status quo.

Posted Image

My Shop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users