• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jessy13

Jessy13

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Last year (2012) I was in Estevan, Saskatchewan, Canada, with my husband and we ended up driving through the tail-end of a tornado. I was trying to video tape the very strange weather and my flash was making it impossible, so I only taped for 30 seconds or so. When I got home and loaded the video on to my computer, I caught an image that shocked me. There is no reason for this face to be present in my car window. I took a screen shot of it, and this is what I got. It's far from scary, almost grandmotherly, but still a good picture to share.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ4hWtzkHVU&feature=youtu.be

Attached Files

Edited by Jessy13, 15 October 2013 - 05:57 PM.

#2 haven1516

haven1516

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

Looks like the glare, or lens flair from the flash against the glass.  IMO>

#3 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:14 AM

The face looks similar to one in a photo in the monthly gallery.  That one was debunked and a cell phone app was said to have made the face.  Hopefully that's not the case with this one.
Posted Image

#4 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

View PostNightWalker_07, on 16 October 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

The face looks similar to one in a photo in the monthly gallery.  That one was debunked and a cell phone app was said to have made the face.  Hopefully that's not the case with this one.

I've not had time to preview it yet (till later, running off to work) but this is from a video NightWalker_07 not a still image. I imagine the stills are frames from the video? :)

#5 Jessy13

Jessy13

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostCDS, on 16 October 2013 - 06:29 AM, said:

I've not had time to preview it yet (till later, running off to work) but this is from a video NightWalker_07 not a still image. I imagine the stills are frames from the video? :)

This is my video that I caught while driving through the end of a tornado in Saskatchewan. After reviewing the video I noticed a face so I captured the image in a still shot photo to show what I saw. My husband and I were the only one's in the vehicle, and I don't look like an old woman and neither does he.

#6 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Hmmm...  The only other thing I could think of is an illusion.  Our eyes play tricks on us sometimes :)
Posted Image

#7 Snowlord

Snowlord

Ghoststudy's Official Photo Expert

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • Interests:Photography ... Chess ... Nature ... Astronomy ... Kicking Butt...stuff like that.

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

This doesn't really look much like a face to me. I would think it is pareidolia caused by some variety of glare or reflection.

#8 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

View PostSnowlord, on 17 October 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

This doesn't really look much like a face to me. I would think it is pareidolia caused by some variety of glare or reflection.

My thoughts exactly.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ghost, face, tornado, estevan, saskatchewan, picture