Free Skins
© Fisana

Got The Car Bug Again....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,134 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:40 AM

Funny how things can work out sometimes...

I bought a 2015 Lexus RC350 4 years ago and love the car.  It has 126K miles on it now.  The motor makes a very different sound when it is near freezing outside that started this past winter.  I just chalked it up to it's got over 100K and didn't sound like it was coming apart or anything.  My transmission has slipped twice in the last month.  The transmissions in these cars are sealed and not serviceable.  The slipping is what made me decide to get something else.  I talked it over with my wife and we decided that I can get something else.  I started off looking at more Lexus vehicles.  Specifically, a 2019 RC F 10th anniversary edition.

I found a few on autotrader and after looking at them and carfax, found that all but one listed on that site had been in accidents.  I found one in Michigan that had only 1200 miles.  talked to a salesman and called back later to put a deposit down.  Planned on buying it and have it shipped to me in TX.  Someone else had come in and bought the car before my last call :-(.  I kept looking and started looking for other sites like autotrader.  Autolist.com and Getauto.com both seemed as good as autotrader and had even more of the car I was looking for.  thay all had prices listed except one which was "call for price".  All of the cars listed had been in accidents or had some form of damage on them except the call for price car.  I called knowing their price would be bad.

Their asking price was the original MSRP + TTL.  I laughed at the guy and he said make an offer.  Long story short, I gave him my email and he emailed me asking to just give a number.  I did, A LOT lower than their asking price and they accepted...and i quickly put a deposit down.  This car only has 382 miles on it.  The previous owner didn't like to take it out on bad weather days and it was a weekend fun car.  He traded it in for a Dodge Hellcat.

This dealer is in Missouri.  3 hours north of my dad and sister.  i am flying out next Thursday to buy the car and then head to my lake house which is next door to my dad and get to spend  a couple of days with him.  I was so bummed out the first car got sold..only to realize the car I am getting has less miles on it and it works out that I get to see my dad.  That part is important as he was diagnosed with cancer this year and we dont know how long he will be here.  Waiting for him to finish his radiation treatments and see what the time prognosis is.

https://ibb.co/LzGWtXW
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 06:52 AM

Again :faint:

No, good on you :D It looks lovely too!

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 01:54 AM

Must be the time for New cars my daughter picked up theirs today too! It is a Rav4

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Guardian

Guardian

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Lake life, golf, reading.

Posted 16 September 2021 - 03:47 PM

In March, I lucked in to a 2017 GMC Terrain that only had 13,000 miles on it. Because of my job, a vehicle at least crossover-size is best, and this one had every option I was looking for. Considering my old car had 233,000 miles on it, I should have this one quite a while!

Congrats on your find! And best of luck to your dad…

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,134 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:08 AM

Picked the car up.  It was like brand spanking new.  made it home without issue.  To say I love the car is an understatement!!!!
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:52 PM

Again with a petrol guzzler :whistling:

Well atleast she's pretty and makes you happy ... come to think of it I guess cars are like girlfriends for married guys :confused0068:

You go stud  :bunny:
- siguie -

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,134 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 05:10 AM

View Postsiguie, on 03 October 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

Again with a petrol guzzler :whistling:

My previous car was another Lexus with a V6.  i would consistently get 26-28 MPG in it on the highway.  95% of all my driving is highway.  The new car has got over 25MPG for a couple of fillups.  It is too fun to drive and I've seen some 22 and 23 MPG fillups too.  I just need to keep my foot a little bit lighter :-)
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:02 PM

No worries, I completely understand :yes: I put solar on my roof with the idea I'd be doing my commute in an electric vehicle only I hate the way they drive :angry: so I'm keeping my ancient last of its kind toyota celica ... it's a stick and drives real niiiice :D

On the plus side I get ~33 mpg and I replaced the stoopid battery with an even stoopidier one BUT added a supercapacitor booster :good:  Basically the battery doesn't do anything but is there to comply with safety requirements.

Anywho yes I am familiar with the siren like lull of automotive charms :bunny:
- siguie -

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:10 AM

We had strong wind gusts a few weeks ago and my daughters dash cam caught 3 shopping trolley's smash into the back of her new car! She parks a mile from any other cars too so she was very unlucky!

Posted Image

#10 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,134 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:51 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 05 October 2021 - 03:10 AM, said:

We had strong wind gusts a few weeks ago and my daughters dash cam caught 3 shopping trolley's smash into the back of her new car! She parks a mile from any other cars too so she was very unlucky!

OMG!!!  That sucks.  I always park away from everyone else or if lucky enough, get the end spot and park on the line to give max space and hopefully no door dings from the person who parks next to me..
Life is short, enjoy it!

#11 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:24 PM

If/when I have a choice I park next to the nicest and or most expensive vehicle 'cuz they are more likely to be careful AND it's kinda fun watching reactions the people when they see a clown car parked next to theirs :evil:  

Just kidding my car is surprisingly purty for being 20 years old but yeah I does park next to the $$$ cars :bunny:
- siguie -