What Does A Ghost Look Like?

• You cannot reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic

#21 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:13 AM

View PostKristin, on 02 November 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I don't think if you have a cell phone camera or the most expensive camera in the world are you going to get a 100% clear pic of anything from that Realm. For some reason and I truly believe this and that is they first of all can manipulate photos. It also seems there atmosphere or whatever it is that surrounds them when they are here distorts, blurs and does all kinds of things to photos but that is my OP!!!!

I respect your belief but there are some tools better suited to a job than others. You don't use a can opener to repair a car engine, nor do you buy a tricycle to drive cross country. Understanding the limitations of your equipment allows a much more definitive answer when using an analytical process. Knowledge is truly power. This is why they hire scientists to launch rockets into space instead of a sanitary engineer. Without using a scientific approach and critical reasoning we would still be using horses for travel and fires to cook our meals exclusively.

Edited by EVP, 03 November 2017 - 09:39 PM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#22 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,272 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostEVP, on 03 November 2017 - 04:38 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing Klainey! Out of curiosity, did you do any historical digging to see if you could connect the dots? Also, did if have mass like a human making it indistinguishable to a real person?

No, we built our home and the area was vacant land. It just looked like a little girl sitting the far side of the table. The top half looked normal :good: I think she followed me home or that was the impression I got...never saw her again...and that is the way I like it.
My Signature
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#23 Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • Interests:Many

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Hi!  I'm back.   I'll try to keep this short and not boring.  NO promises.

They can look like people and you can be easily fooled yet if they have held your attention and you are watching they do things that give them away:

*there one second and gone the next
*fade away into nothingness (this can take longer they one would suspect)
*they do something unexpected and you'll watch them lose control over maintaining their composure.  They do something ghostly outside of what I've already mentioned.

I remember a couple of years ago someone posted a picture a friend had taken on this site.   It looked like a person on a walkway.  Only the photographer said there was no one there when he took the shot.   Obviously there was someone there (in color if I remember it correctly). It was Snowlord that did the data check and reported there was nothing unusual.  Nothing unusual.

Yet if you examined the picture closely, you could see that something ghostly was going on.  That person had their arm slung over the top rail of the walkway and yet the lower portion of their legs was this side of the lower rail.   A ghostly effect.

I don't know if anyone else stuck around long enough to get this.   I don't think so.  It 's funny what we make our minds up about.  The thing to remember is that an assumption made is a double edged sword.

I took a look at Essiepessie's picture too.  Don't throw those pictures out that look grainy yet produce an apparition.  Not all ghosts or hauntings appear as a flesh and blood person but can appear humanoid...arms, legs, head and torso without detail and appear grainy but you can see it, especially if it is moving.

I watched one trying to get a coke out of the machine yet it was at a loss has to how to do it.  It knew where the can was suppose to come out but that's all it had mastered.  Probably no pocket change.  lol

Then there are those that will not materialize but stick to the shadows or darkness.  They keep out of sight yet this should be a clue to get ready for something to interact with the physical environment.  It would much rather produce physical phenomena than show itself.   I would often take a count of the amount of time that passed between phenomena to judge how active a location may be or how powerful it was.

Then there are those that glisten like the early morning sun on dew.  They are out there.

And lastly, there are those that creep me out.  You can see it but it resembles nothing at all.  You can try to make something out of it but it doesn't work.   I will say that if it is on its way to see you, stand your ground because walking away does NOT mean the encounter is over with.   There are others that come to mind but those I've mentioned are pretty common.

Oh.  For those of you who do not know me, I wasn't born with this...whatever you want to call it...it came on when I was fifteen and its been with me ever since.   I take medication and it's worked for a couple years but my sister showed up while I was watching TV a couple weeks ago (full body apparition) sitting not three feet from me with that smile that says she loves me.   On the second look she was still there but by the 3rd she was gone.

I've had enough for now.  I'd say that anything goes when it comes to the unknown and I mean ANYTHING.  Authenticity?  Living with it.
My Signature
Find an old place with history, with people and learn all its nuances.

#24 EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Interests:photography, anomalous audio recordings & enigmas.

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:59 AM

Interesting thoughts Menet. This is why threads that allow multiple viewpoints can be invaluable in this pseudoscience. Maybe my use of the word "authenticity" was inappropriate. My word should have been validation. I don't believe a singular account without witness is enough. Psychologists rationalize that collective hallucinations are explainable but I see it as a form of affirmation regardless of the experience being slightly different from one person to the next. I still adhere in looking for mundane explanations first before one surmises it as paranormal. Multiple accounts add weight to an event just as knowing the limitations of your equipment.

I've had plenty of undocumented experiences in my lifetime. Surprisingly, those tend to be the most profound. Without introducing critical thought into the observational process and making honest attempts to explain events naturally, our conclusions remain nothing more than examples of "faulty logic" validating a flawed belief system.

Edited by EVP, 04 November 2017 - 05:03 AM.

My Signature
Posted Image
"Denial ain't just a river in Egypt" - Mark Twain

#25 earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

I agree Menet. There's often something telling that gives them away if you're paying enough attention. There's been plenty of stories about people seeing an apparition that looks normal but acts differently (e.g. floats, no legs or arms, see through, etc etc)
My Signature
It's in the trees, it's coming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com