Halloween Ghost

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sheeshabeesh

Sheeshabeesh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:I love to draw, write and read short stories, poems (Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allen Poe <3 ), I like discussing paranormal things and reading peoples experiences. I'm obsessed with anything Halloween or Christmas.

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:18 AM

About four years ago I decided to set up something big and creepy for trick or treaters. Its now turned into its own monster at my parents house, and is now a massive haunted house that the whole neighborhood comes to.  Its not uncommon that any of my family setting up gets an unsettling feeling as we build and decorate. We are pouring fake blood, setting up freaky props, and strobe/red/blue lighting in little self-made rooms by ourselves. Not to mention that we have fun pranking each other hoping to get a good scream and laugh. But there was one time where it was no joke.

Since I've moved form my parents house, got a busier job, and started college its difficult to make time to set up when everyone else is. But when I do have free time I will sometimes set up by myself, as we really need to crack down and get things done before the big day. I had just gotten out of work and nobody was home at my parents house. I put on my music on and started to put up walls in one of the rooms. We hadn't gotten much done at this point, so everything was still open, except the shed and the tent I was working on. The spotlight was slightly tilted off of me (I would literally be blinded if it was one me) and it was sitting just outside the opening of the room. Everything felt fine at first, but then I got this really odd feeling that I was being watched. It is honestly not an uncommon feeling, and I thought I was overthinking it, so i tried to ignore it and keep working. When I was done I stepped off the ladder and started for the opening. Quickly, I stopped dead in my tracks. A tall (had to be at least 6 foot something) man was standing just to the side of the spotlight. If it weren't for how solid he was and how long we stood there staring at each other, I probably would have passed him off as my eyes playing tricks because of the light. But then he was gone, literally a blink of an eye, and he was gone.

I hurried inside and called my mother and my boyfriend. I was nervous that maybe it could have been a real person because he was so solid, but the lack of facial features and the mere fact that he had literally just disappeared made me feel he was paranormal. I wondered if he could be the man I saw standing in my bedroom doorway as I discussed in my post Family Spirit Magnet. But It also reminded me of the stories my friend who lives four houses down from me. She had once seen a man in their backyard, and sent her step father after him only to find no footsteps let alone a man. One of their neighbors had also called them while they were away from their house, that a similar looking man was wandering around their wood pile.

I continued to work on the haunt because it needed to be done. I kept the scissors close (dont know why, but it made me feel safe) and felt uneasy until my parents got home. I dont doubt that haunted houses (the fake kind) may provoke the dead a little bit. Ive also heard that it attracts them too. What do you think?

(Photo: Is just one of our set ups)

Attached Files

#2 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:37 AM

Hello, Sheeshabeesh (hope I got that sp. correct)  That's a lot of work, putting on a haunted house for the neighborhood.  I've only come across one neighborhood on a private street that complained of spooks.  Since I've come across one, I don't find it unusual that a neighborhood can be haunted or perhaps visited is a better word.  Great picture!

#3 capn b

capn b

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:45 PM

When I was a teen (many moons ago) We put together a haunted trail at a friends family members property (very wooded area). We decided to do it at last second and busted our rear ends to get it done in about 4 weeks time.

Ended up being a hit in the town and we kept getting asked if we would put it on again the next year. So we made sure to get started on it in August of that year so we could make it bigger, and better.

Our goal was bigger and better, and we succeeded.  We had a blast each year we did it. We scared kids our age, we scared younger kids, we had full grown adults crying. It was one of, if not the best time I've ever had doing anything in my entire life. (Even up to this point)

Well, that year Halloween fell on a Sunday night. My dad was a pastor and he wasn't very fond of Halloween to start with. And he certainly wasn't happy I was going to be spending my Sunday making people scream. He told me several times he thought it was wrong for us to take part in an event like this on the lords day. He thought it was sacrilegist, plain and simple. He did not like it. There was actually several people that said we shouldn't "celebrate halloween" on the lords day.

Well, being kids like we were, that wasn't going to stop us. So we went on with our plans and did so as hard as we possibly could. After the night had ended, there was about 8 of us that decided we wanted to camp out overnight since we had no school the next day.  About midnight, we decided we were going to play a game of football (Tackle Football) We had a couple of street lights that gave us enough light to play as long as wanted to.  

After about an hour or two playing, we decided to settle in for the night around the campfire.  five of us slept in our sleeping bags outside and three other kids slept in the tent. It was around 3 a.m. (At the time I didn't have any idea about 3 a.m. and the paranormal) We heard a noise behind us. I didn't pay any attention to the noise because I was worn out and was ready to turn in. But one of the guys did turn around and he hollered out "What the heck is that"  

We turned around and sure enough, there was something standing there. First thought that came into my mind was that it was a deer. But the longer I looked at it, I realized it was too large to be a deer. This thing was standing straight up looking directly at us and it was in the silhouette of a human. A large human at that . To this day, I have no idea why I did what I did next,  For some reason, I grabbed a nearby machete that we had used to cut vines and limbs down with. I grabbed it and stood up as if I was going to take this thing on.  

I stood there looking at this thing scared out of my mind, not really sure what I was going to do if this thing came at me.  Luckily for me, I didn't have to find out. But in all honesty, with what happen next. I think I would have been okay with something else happening.  As I stood there looking at this thing it turned its back to us and in the blink of an eye if shot off.  It was gone like a shooting star  and it disappeared. It left a trail behind it like a shooting star would speeding through the night sky. It was too  fast to be a human or animal. I've never seen something move so fast and still haven't seen anything move like that to this day.

Welp, we all let out a scream at the same time, we got the boys sleeping in the tent up and we took off towards the land owners house that wasn't far off luckily for us. We beat on the door until someone open up for us. The lady of the house wasn't very happy with us beating her door down at that time of morning. But she let us in and we told her what we saw. She didn't believe us but she said she would call the cops just in case. We sat in the living room peeking out the blinds waiting for the local cop to get there. All of us as freaked out as much as we could be, a couple of us thought we were seeing something move around out there but it was just us being freaked out.  

Finally the cop showed up. We go outside to meet him and all of us were stumbling over our words not making much sense. So finally he asked me what happen. And I told him word for word exactly what happen and what we seen.

He walks with us to where our campfire was  and he's shining his light around the area. Finally, he comes to a stop, and there in the light was my pillow torn to shreds. When I say it was torn, I mean it was ripped up like the scene from Nightmare on Elm St. when Freddy ripped up Nancy's pillow.  

Everyone knew it was my pillow. And everyone knew that whatever that was, was sending a message to me and everyone else not to mess with it.  

We wanted to know what the heck that was we seen. So we decided to show up the next couple of weekends to see if something would happen again. But nothing happend. We put the haunted trail on  for a couple more years after that, and we would camp out waiting to see if something would show up, but nothing ever did. To this day, 27 years later. Nobody knows what  we witnessed that night and probably never will. Was this our punishment for celebrating Halloween on a Sunday ? Or taking part in something like a haunted trail to begin with ? Maybe, maybe not. But all I know is I will never forget that Halloween for as long as I live.
Just because you cant see it, doesn't mean it's not there

#4 Menet

Menet

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:21 PM

Creepy, capnb.  I don't what it is about being young that prompts spooks to act up.  Maybe because it is Halloween and the veil thins...that's what some say.  An easy walk over.

#5 Mikaru

Mikaru

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:59 AM

Sheeshabeesh- What a great idea and photo! Wish I could be there to see it!

capn b- Spooky story! Also great idea putting on a haunted trail!

#6 Sheeshabeesh

Sheeshabeesh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:I love to draw, write and read short stories, poems (Sylvia Plath and Edgar Allen Poe <3 ), I like discussing paranormal things and reading peoples experiences. I'm obsessed with anything Halloween or Christmas.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:15 PM

Wow that is creepy capn b. I believe the spirit I saw was attached to the land. I spoke to neighbors and they've found Native American artifacts in the woods out back. Also, we used to explore back there and there is an old road, bridge, building foundation (even mounds of bricks from it) and cars from 50's just eroding away. In the middle of the woods! It was actually a pretty fun place to roam as a kid. Its also kind of sad because animals get stuck in the holes of the foundation and cant get out. :(
The road I live on now is a private drive. I'm surrounded by old farms. My littlest brother stated he saw a man in a top hat standing on the road when we first moved in, but I haven't had any personal experiences here. I don't get that sense of unease when something is around either (its like a weird sinking feeling in my stomach I get when a spirit is around).

#7 Sheeshabeesh

Sheeshabeesh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Okay. So I was scrolling through my haunt 2016 pictures. I came across a 360 video that I recorded on the 30th of October, and something caught my eye. There are three faces that look like they're peering over the homemade room separator. I checked in with my mother to make sure, but I dont recall any of the props being hung between the ceiling and the center. She confirmed (as she mainly decorated that room) that she did not put them there. But one of them particular on the far left, look exactly like the man I saw behind the lamp. It gave me the goosebumps. They are screenshots of the actual 360 image, so its a little blurry. Hopefully you can see them.

Attached Files

Edited by Sheeshabeesh, 19 April 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#8 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

I'm not able to see it, but maybe someone else can.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#9 Sheeshabeesh

Sheeshabeesh

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

yeah they are not the best. If I was able to put the full 360 picture it'd be a little clearer. But I zoomed in on the last one and I see it clear as day. :/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halloween, Ghost