#1 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,402 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

If you're familiar with some of the names in paranormal investigation, you likely are familiar with Greg and Dana Newkirk. They don't just do ghosthunting, but UFO's/aliens, Bigfoot etc. I mention this in this forum because like many of us, they think UFO's/paranormal/other weirdness may all be the same thing and be an interdimensional phenomena.

Anyway, they have a series on Amazon Prime (and now on Youtube) called Hellier. Fascinating stuff, in large part has to do with John Keel and the Mothman, aliens, gnomelike 'critters' that start this whole thing rolling, and Indrid Cold.

If you have Amazon Prime, both season one and 2 are available, and now also on Youtube. For Youtube, just search "Hellier", if you want to start from season one ep. 1 you'll have to sort through the results.

Edited by Vlawde, 13 December 2019 - 06:28 PM.

Posted Image

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:29 AM

It looks like an interesting series Vlawde and easy enough to find on youtube. Thanks
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:12 AM

SWEET!!!!  My wife and I were looking for a new series to watch when we finish the latest AHS.

Thanks!!!
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 08:58 AM

Welcome!

If you've seen Kindred Spirits and a few other shows, you've seen Greg and Dana brought in or consulted on a few cases. They also have a traveling occult museum

Edited by Vlawde, 14 December 2019 - 09:00 AM.

Posted Image

#5 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:20 AM

Just finished episode 1 of season 1.  It was really good!!!  cant wait to watch episode 2

Edited by LouczarGStudy, 14 December 2019 - 11:22 AM.

Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#6 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

I had trouble stopping watching. I'm at episode 7 of season 2 now, so interesting! It's weird, every time I mention it on social media i get a like almost right away from Greg, Connor, Karl or a few others involved in the show
Posted Image

#7 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

:good:  I've seen season one and am hoping to start watching season two. I liked it, as it wasn't over the top like some shows that I could name...ahem... Bagans. :whistling:

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#8 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

Going to look for it now :)
Posted Image

Made by SIlent Walker :)

#9 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:11 PM

You have a Mothman signature. This series will likely speak to you then, John Keel is referenced multiple times
Posted Image

#10 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, Channeling, New Age, Ascended Masters, Egypt, Atlantis, Avalon, Law...

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostVlawde, on 15 December 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

You have a Mothman signature. This series will likely speak to you then, John Keel is referenced multiple times

Yes I have noticed him being referenced. I grew up 90 miles away from where the Mothman happened in West Virginia
Posted Image

#11 Portia2012

Portia2012

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 December 2019 - 07:31 AM

Okay so I just had to share this. I got through to Season One: Episode 3 last night. Speaking of Synchronicity, I went to the Mothman Museum Facebook page before going to bed. Not sure why, but when I went there the date of the Silver Bridge collapse was (drum roll please) December 15. I almost fell off of my bed.
Posted Image

#12 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:06 PM

Trash.

These guys couldn't even manage to write their teaser description without lying...

"In 2012 a strange sighting rocked a small Kentucky town."
https://www.youtube....h?v=VntfOgFj6Xw

^ 'rocked' the town huh? Lol. Not one person they talked to in the show had heard about the sighting. That's the exact opposite of the town being rocked. But hey, can't let facts get in the way of your fiction.

More damning than any false marketing is how some of Greg's statements on the Euphomet podcast, recorded before Hellier was released, are completely at odds with the events of the show. For example...

@ 101:28 of the linked podcast below, Greg says, and I quote, "Another fun fact: we were shouting this guy's real name, so David's not – David's not his real name. We were shouting this guy's real name from the mountain tops in this town"
https://www.stitcher...omet/e/65968897

^ that totally contradicts the show. In the show, they don't have this David Christie's real name.

Looks like someone can't keep their story straight.

Edited by True North, 14 January 2020 - 01:26 PM.

#13 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:19 PM

The 'rocking a small Kentucky town" line is standard PR stuff. Attracts more attention than "Some guy saw odd footprints".   Not sure about the Christie thing, may be he started to say the name on the podcast and then backtracked, saying it wasn't the guy's name. Seems like way too much trouble to re-enact EVERY mention of David in the Doc, between talking to people there and their own convos.

I don't buy everything in this doc for sure, but I found it very interesting and worth the time investment, much of it reflects my personal views on things. I understand not taking everything (especially in this field) at face value and using some critical thinking, but it sounds like you really hate this show 9or the Newkirks) :)
Posted Image

#14 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:52 PM

Stretching the truth is standard PR. This was outright lying. My position is simple: if you're going to claim a town was rocked by some incident, I think that at least a couple people should have heard about said incident lol. Otherwise, we're in the realm of pure nonsense. Which is where this series begins.

When creators choose to use false, sensational marketing, it stands to reason that audiences can expect that product to contain false sensational content. And when a creator tells a different version of events, than they've told other places, it raises questions at to which (if either) version is correct.

By all means enjoy your show, but let's not pretend that this series has more integrity than it does or that it's creators are above fabricating details.

#15 angryhobbit74

angryhobbit74

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:anything paranormal, movies, psychology, crime and the environment. most music especially foo fighters. :)

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:59 AM

Hi everyone thanks for letting me in . love this series ended up binge watching season 1 and cannot wait for the next installment. its nice to have a place to talk about the paranormal as no one around me finds it interesting. goal for 2020.....find more interesting friends to watch spooky stuff with lol. :pop:

#16 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Heya, welcome! Yeah it's a good show IMO. True North's comments could be applicable to pretty much all paranormal shows, some more than others. I'm familiar with the Newkirk's work and although you can figure some things may have been hyped up, I still found it compelling
Posted Image

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:24 PM

Hello and welcome angryhobbit

Vlawde, I listened to some of the podcast and thought it and interesting listen. I still haven't watch a complete episode though :ashamed:
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#18 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:22 AM

I'll have to listen with headphones when things are slow at work
Posted Image

#19 MimsyLaFey

MimsyLaFey

Orb

• GS Member
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Fairies, Little Peoples, UFOs, Aliens, Gardening, Hiking, Getting Outside

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:34 AM

Definitely on my to watch list!!

Do they find anything? Any signs of aliens or gnomes? I know I probably shouldn't get my hopes up with these things but I can't help it!

#20 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,402 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 11:45 AM

It has tons of different topics, aliens, gnomes, ghosts, Mothman and a whole lot of really unusual synchronicities. It's hard to describe, but season 1 and 2 are free on Amazon Prime, and on YouTube if you don't have Amazon
Posted Image