© Fisana

Be Safe Out There....and Dont....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 23 March 2020 - 04:45 AM

Went to the grocery store yesterday at 6am...they dont open until 8am.  I was the 12th person in line.  making small talk with the person behind me and told him that it's worse that we are in the middle of allergy season.  He said he was having allergies too.  Then I sneezed!  EVERY head of the people in front and behind me all turned to stare at me.  I had to shout out "who here DOESN'T have allergies right now?".  Most people laughed because most did.  Thank God it did not get ugly!

i was able to get my weekly shopping done.  I did not need paper towels or toilet paper as my wife gets that in bulk from Sam's every couple of months and she bought a month ago.  The sad looks on people faces that were waiting in line to get into the grocery store as I was leaving really did suck.  My cart was only half full of bags and very obvious that I was not hording anything.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 05:47 AM

Yes the shops here are low on a lot of things.

I think the schools will close soon, they have in 2 other states! We are having non essential shops closing and a lot of people have been stood down having to apply for government payments. The government have also closed off state borders to try to restrict the spread of the virus.

The hospital I work for is gearing up to help the public hospital. We  have 1 ventilator but can use our 6 anaesthetic machines as ventilators if need be! So far we have only had one known case in my area. Luckily it was a mild case but there are 60 other cases in our state.

I was annoyed we had an employee from my Unit come to work with know symptoms; he was sent home via testing!  

So...please stay safe, wash your hands, don't go to work if you are sick, stay home whenever possible and, practice social distancing!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,434 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:34 AM

We haven't had TP or paper towels on the store shelves in weeks, but we should have enough for maybe a month or so. Meat is hard to find. We don't have lines at regular grocery stores (Safeway etc) but for some reason people insist on going to WInco, Sam's Club, WalMart, Target etc where there are long ;lines to even get into the stores
Posted Image

#4 lorac61469

lorac61469

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:22 PM

Stores have been crazy around here. Not much meat, canned goods, dried beans, etc. I was finally able to get a pack of toilet paper and paper towels. Walmart had that aisle closed off with a person on each end. They let one person in at a time and you could only get one pack of each. I got lucky with a 12 pack of Scott’s. Not as soft as the others but last much longer. Woohoo!

#5 trin

trin

Alien

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts
  • Interests:photography, art, ghost stories (particularly first hand), history, Asia, origami, fiber arts/crafts. http://www.zibbet.com/trinlayk

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:00 AM

my whole household is disabled and vunerable.  So thankful for grocery delivery today.

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

Stay safe trin :heart:
Posted Image

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:55 AM

The word is here in Austin that the city / county will announce a stay at home order today.  Only essential businesses and other businesses that apply for an exemption and approved will be allowed to have people in.  I was asked yesterday if I would continue to work.  There would be only a few people coming in and shifts have been offset to remove overlap of the few that do come in.  The bosses are calling me the sheriff or hall monitor to make sure the few that are here are not violating and social distancing requirements.
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,434 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 06:01 AM

Same here, we've been told to stay at home last week. Essential workers can go to work, restaurants are pick up/delivery only, you can go the doctor/get prescriptions, grocery shopping and a few other things. I'm fortunate we're able to work from home, been doing that since last Monday
Posted Image

#9 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:40 AM

The government is asking people to stay home too if they aren't essential workers or  hair dressers :shocked:  .  All the states will close their borders now from midnight tonight along with elective surgery. Victoria and the ACT have closed their schools and, this has caused a lot of parental confusion in other states that remain open!
Posted Image

#10 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,434 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:13 AM

The one thing I really miss is eating out at restaurants. Can do pick up or delivery still, and they've relaxed rules about alcohol so you can actually pick up beer or cocktails with your food. But Il ike being in a place and enjoying a meal, versis eating out of styrofoam containers
Posted Image

#11 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:20 PM

I can't remember the last time I went to a restaurant to have a meal.

But the shop here have allocated  7-8 am  each week day to the elderly( Monday, Wed and, Friday) and emergency, medical / hospital workers (Tue and Thurs) . I went this morning and the shelves were as empty as they were the last time I shopped within normal hours. It was announced the shops would closed in the evening for restocking for the next day I always thought the hoarders hit the shops but now I am thinking maybe there isn't any stock to restock! They are bringing back online shopping so hopefully it might fix the short supply.
Posted Image

#12 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 08:59 AM

Work is still open for "us" essential employees.  The grocery store are slowly getting back to the norm.  I went yesterday 2 hours before they opened and stood in line.  Everything was stocked except toilet paper and paper towels.  I did not need the TP.  I did grab 1 package of paper towels.

I am glad some of the shops are catering to the elderly on specific window times.  Humanity is not lost...
Life is short, enjoy it!

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:07 PM

Just checking in with everyone - I've been working from home since Friday. Like Lou, I was 'essential' until then and they closed work completely.

The hardest part for me was because I was only getting to the store on the weekends, there was little left. So I had some family members getting me some meat etc so I had the staples. I hope this week will be a bit better. I went early on the weekend and got flour, oats and sugar. Milk and meat and TP were not available but thats ok I've been working through with what i've got.

I hope everyone is doing ok. It's tough out there. I know I haven't been around much but with the virus shutdown coinciding with the end of my studies I've suddenly got a lot more time on my hands. Reach out if you need to, lets keep each other sane and healthy during this strange time.
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:42 AM

earthly, I hope your employer registers with the ATO for employee Jobkeeper payment.

The private hospital I work for is gearing up to take on the overflow from the public system. They have built an isolation room outside the hospital in the ambulance bay.  

I think things between the Government and the private sector are still up in the air, and staff aren't too sure what is going on! Our hospital usually winds down for 2 weeks for the Easter / school break. So not sure what our roles will be or if we are working after the break!

It doesn't look like they are applying for any Jobkeeper payments, we had a memo circulating advising us to take sick, unpaid, annual or long service leave. It is a very confusing time and it doesn't look like everyone will be working!
Posted Image

#15 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:33 PM

Yes Klainey its so strange. I'm in education so I don't know what the Universities are going to be doing regarding jobkeeper payments - they may not be able to claim because they are already funded (partially) by the government.

If we don't see full time staff cuts during this I'm sure there will be plenty of reductions after... its all so strange isn't it? So uncertain.

I hope you're keeping well and that you're safe when you're on shift?

#16 WhispersInTheAttic

WhispersInTheAttic

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:41 PM

It seems like it's ghost town around my area. There's not many cars out and only some places are open, while some food places are just take out. I am staying at home and keeping myself busy. I'm doing anything to occupy my time. I've only picked up food with my parents, but they have a very clean place. I'm careful due to what's going on and I don't go out anymore. The last time I ate out was a few months ago, probably my birthday in February. Stay safe everyone! ^_^

Posted Image

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:13 AM

I am a little confused did you say you haven't eaten for 2 months?

LOL, sorry re-read "Ate Out " :headlbash:

You too, stay safe :D
Posted Image

#18 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:42 PM

hahaha yes not eating for 2 months would be a concern!