Free Skins
© Fisana

Just An Interesting Photo I Thought, Not Sure Why A Part Of It Is Blurrier Than The Rest

Photos Unexplained

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Spooky1010

Spooky1010

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Video games, Love, Food, Photography, Fitness

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

here's the link to the two photos
1st picture: http://imgur.com/EfkZhAc
2nd picture: http://imgur.com/OsbZycL

So basically I was in Japan last year.
I took the first photo, thought it was blurry and instantly took another one after a quick glance at the first. Blurry or not I was like "meh, w/e time to move on" you know, so there are only two pictures. The pictures were taken literally 12 seconds apart (as shown in time stamp, you'll have to take my word for it I guess unless that data is available if you download the images yourself)

What i find strange is that suddenly a person is in the 2nd picture. Okay not so strange, within the time span of 12 seconds a lot can happen. But the person is sooo blurry, even more than everything else. Looks like a lady in a red dress, just standing there parallel to the path. Not moving, yet blurrier than she should be.

I've taken a lot of photos day/night, and I've never seen a photo where it does something like this. I've taken lots of blurry pics but this one is just weird. (ps I take a lot of good pics too, it's just night photos seem to be blurrier with low light)

I'm not saying it's a ghost or something although that's a fun thought, there were quite a lot of people there but what I'm wondering is why it's so blurry compared to everything else!

In the 2nd picture, I can zoom in on the guys on the right of the photo who are further away from me compared to the red lady and I can quite clearly see their heads, outlines, and backpacks. Lots of detail for a blurry photo, but the "lady in red" is in a ghostly form. Every photo where I screw up because it's blurry never has anything like this.

Anyways just thought I'd share and read what you guys think about the pictures. I'm aware it's most likely a camera glitch but still a fun one

(ps why does the website capitalize the first letter of every word in the title? that's kind of annoying and grammatically incorrect O.o)

Edited by Spooky1010, 07 January 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:49 PM

It does look like there is motion blur and the camera isn't focused.  So the lady moved some, as did the camera, plus not being focused..you get that cool effect! :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Spooky1010

Spooky1010

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:54 PM

except it looks like she's standing still as can be! which is weird. but yeah since the camera bugs out a lot at night it's not surprising this stuff happens. it's still pretty cool I think.

#4 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:43 PM

This is typical motion blur caused by the shutter dragging from light starvation. Unfortunately the EXIF data that is normally present when an image is taken has been totally stripped.  You are quite right about the possibility that the woman is stationary but If your camera shifts in position it will blur subject matter in the foreground and background and it's readily apparent even in the lights that are fully stationary. Cameras can give unusual impressions. If you look further in how first curtain shutter/second curtain works objects can appear as if they are ascending instead of descending. Hope this helps.

#5 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,025 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Heya EVP. good to see ya!
Posted Image

#6 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

I know only to point and click a camera but after reading EVP's post I have a new understanding of motion blur and shutter speed. Thank you for the explanation EVP and the post Spooky1010
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#7 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

View Postklainey, on 07 January 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

I know only to point and click a camera but after reading EVP's post I have a new understanding of motion blur and shutter speed. Thank you for the explanation EVP and the post Spooky1010

With so many automated functions in cameras, it's sometimes difficult knowing what the camera is doing klainey so it's fully understandable. I shoot manual most of the time with a DSLR and only have an understanding of how they work because of the abundance of mistakes I have made and continue to make. Actually I admire point/click shooters at times. While I'm deciding how to make the image you guys have taken the most important part, "capturing the moment."

Heya EVP. good to see ya!
Nice seeing you too Vlawde!

Edited by EVP, 07 January 2017 - 07:29 PM.

#8 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

Well one things for sure... it is a cool capture.  ;)

#9 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

View PostJim@GhostStudy, on 08 January 2017 - 02:36 AM, said:

Well one things for sure... it is a cool capture.  ;)

A interesting observation I've come to realize...

Ghost hunters uses the word "capture" while a photographers would more likely use "SHOT".

#10 RobertPlantsCodpiece

RobertPlantsCodpiece

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:07 AM

I've always taken the term "capture" as meaning a photograph that may have something paranormal in it.

#11 JIMOverSeer

JIMOverSeer

Forum Owner

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

Well, it's not a ghost in this picture... so insert the correct term/word where needed in my post.  ;)

#12 lorac61469

lorac61469

Succubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

Just curious what kind of camera did you use?

#13 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:43 PM

EVP so glad to see you around these parts.

Really cool picture, and I agree with the others about what the cause was. Motion blur :)
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#14 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

Thank you earthly. Appreciate your words. That's very thoughtful of you Nice to you again as well. :)

Edited by EVP, 10 January 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#15 Spooky1010

Spooky1010

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

View Postlorac61469, on 08 January 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

Just curious what kind of camera did you use?

Sorry to get back so late, the camera used was a Sony α5100

Glad you guys enjoyed the picture! It's a fun one to show people. I only wish it wasn't a blurry picture everywhere else except for the woman in red. That would have been a nice capture.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Photos, Unexplained