The Sallie House

• You cannot reply to this topic
106 replies to this topic

#1 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

I apologize if this story has been posted before. But it is one of my favorite hauntings, along with some very strong evidence, pics and EVP's. The late Peter James also investigated and was pushed around. Some of the pics are pretty amazing. ENJOY!

The Sallie House.com Evidence Gallery - Instamatic/Zoom 1st of the second pack
My Signature
YOU CANT SCARE ME, I HAVE KIDS

#2 Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hi BlueAngel. smile.gif

Thank you for sharing this.
I have not heard of the Sallie House before.

Interesting story here.

Edited by Jill_Skellington, 26 July 2009 - 07:59 AM.

My Signature

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

#3 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts
  • Interests:Interested in the paranormal, and I am proud I just published my first book regarding my haunting.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Thanks Jill. The first time I watched activity at that house was on "A Haunting" and then other various media shows, and tried to research as much as I could, because its a rather disturbing series of events. Seems to me there is more than just Sallie and her Mother haunting that home. I found this one YouTube, and the pictures alone are pretty remarkable.. Picture 510.gif

YouTube - Lost Documentaries: Sallie House
My Signature

#4 Feeler

Undead Ed's Biggest Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:My kiddos; reading; movies; my family; judge shows; food; the Internet; ghosts; hauntings; meditation.

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

I ended up spending my afternoon reading the remarkable story at thesalliehouse.com and can't believe what this family put up with, what they ended up discovering and how little I knew about this in all my years interested in the paranormal.

This house is only about an hour from my twin in Overland Park, KS.  I will NOT suggest she ever go there after what I read, though.  

Truly interesting yet disturbing evidence...

#5 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Thanks Feeler, This is a very compelling story, along with some pretty incredible evidence. The family did go through some horrible things, but mostly Tony took the brunt of it. Seems to me there is some evil attached, if it could influence Tony to wanit to kill his wife. On a recent interview he stated a stray cat had entered the house, so he gave him a bowl of milk. He left the room, came back, took out a long butcher knife and stabbed the cat, on the counter. He left the house to run an errand and the influence left for that short time. When he returned he got his family out of there, and he stated "If I had stayed or not left the house I would have killed my wife." He loves her dearly and its easy to see he is a very nice man. So there is pretty much everything involved here, ghosts, nasty malevolant spirits, and evil entities as well. On nearly every photo there is clearly something around the baby, and according to the accounts, that would be Sallie, watching over the little one. Great story. confused0068.gif
My Signature

#6 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

LOL Starospace, its okay to be a skeptic. However this has nothing to do with sensitive skin LOL..It has to do with being attacked by something they could not see, over and over again. Fortunately they took a great deal of family photos, so I believe the rest can be explained thru pictures alone, never mind the PI reports and EVP's etc. STOP raining on my parade j/k.. fighting0072.gif

Edited by BlueAngel, 27 July 2009 - 04:26 PM.

My Signature

#7 Tantric Kitten

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,185 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:31 PM

Weird that this popped up.  I heard the couple on a local radio show Saturday night and not ten minutes ago was looking at their website!
My Signature
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. --Herm Albright

#8 Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:26 AM

1) According to one site,  Sallie died around 1905 or 1906, which was recent enough that death records were kept.  Why don't they know what Sallie died of,  since there are two confilicting stories told.
2)It is said that the doctor was the original owner of the house,  so what is the doctors name,  where did he go,  did they take away his license?  What medical school did he go to that he would a)misdiagnos pneumonia or b)not know how much ether to give a child.
3) If anyone had done the research and proven that a child named Sallie had died in that house then why the conflicting legends of how she died?
4)If there is actually proof that she did die in the house,  then why did "reports of Sallie's return to the house begin in 1993? Where was she in the intervening 87 or 88 years?
5)What has Sallie's ghost to do with a Demonic haunting?
6) Has anyone else reported a Demon in that house?  Has anyone done any actual research into the property?  Is there anything in the history of the property that would suggest a reason for a Demonic entity to be attached to the house?
7) Is there one entity (Sallie),  or as others have suggested are their 2,  (Sallie and the woman who "liked the husband"),  or are there 3-the above 2 plus a Demon?
8)Have they ruled out mental illness on the part of the husband in the case?  Stress or Physical illness?  (I loved my husband dearly, but I tried to kill him twice -- both times under the influence of prescription medications)
9)If you think you know you have the ghost of a little girl haunting your house,  why call in a Demonologist?

#9 Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:58 PM

Burrowing into the internets I found the Sallie House movie, which was suppose to be done in spring in 2009. With local actors, local production company etc..

Now I am looking for the Sallie House prt. 1-5 from A Haunting  show. YT has yanked them thanks to New Dominion productions.

Anyone know where I can watch A Hauntings 1-5 Sallie House. Don't say Hulu.. not there.

Edited by Jill_Skellington, 28 July 2009 - 02:00 PM.

My Signature

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

#10 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hi Jill, It used to be on YouTube but its no longer available, and not sure why? I found some articles regarding the house, and the haunting, so JudeCat can read up on the history.The Sallie House Movie Presented by Atchison Media Services, Rockhaven Films,Hope this helps some. confused.gif

AMySpace.com - The Sallie House - 102 - Female - Atchison, KANSAS - myspace.comtchison Kansas Hauntings - Sallie the Heartland Ghost
My Signature

#11 Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 28 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jill, It used to be on YouTube but its no longer available, and not sure why? I found some articles regarding the house, and the haunting, so JudeCat can read up on the history.The Sallie House Movie Presented by Atchison Media Services, Rockhaven Films,Hope this helps some. confused.gif
AMySpace.com - The Sallie House - 102 - Female - Atchison, KANSAS - myspace.comtchison Kansas Hauntings - Sallie the Heartland Ghost

Thanks BlueAngel. smile.gif

Looks like I am going to have to purchase the dvd if I want to see it.  Meh. sad.gif

My Signature

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

#12 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

Sorry Jill, If I find any other way, I will surely let you know. thanks.gif
My Signature

#13 Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:31 AM

I have read up on it on several sites -- The only "facts" I can find is that there is a story that a child died in this house (or maybe not in the house) of either a botched appendectomy,  or misdiagnosed pneumonia,  in the year 1905, or 1906.
And that 80 some years later the residence of the house claimed they not only encountered the ghost of this child, but also a demonic entity (or maybe just a woman ghost who had the hots for the husband).
And the evidence that the ghost story is true is evidently the photo's.  And the evidence that the photos are real is evidently the story.  

I joined this group because it's called Ghost STUDY,  and the people who were here at that time were actually looking for real verifiable evidence, and there used to be some pretty lively discussions which did not end up in anyone pouting,   But lately it seems that its becoming ghost belief,  and if anyone dares to rebut anything, they are told they are mean, and they need to believe. The only thing I believe without proof is my religion.  There hasn't been an actual discussion around here in years.  And no one is offering anything by way of real evidence.

#14 Jill_Skellington

Anomaly

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE(Judecat @ Jul 29 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have read up on it on several sites -- The only "facts" I can find is that there is a story that a child died in this house (or maybe not in the house) of either a botched appendectomy,  or misdiagnosed pneumonia,  in the year 1905, or 1906.
And that 80 some years later the residence of the house claimed they not only encountered the ghost of this child, but also a demonic entity (or maybe just a woman ghost who had the hots for the husband).
And the evidence that the ghost story is true is evidently the photo's.  And the evidence that the photos are real is evidently the story.  

I joined this group because it's called Ghost STUDY,  and the people who were here at that time were actually looking for real verifiable evidence, and there used to be some pretty lively discussions which did not end up in anyone pouting,   But lately it seems that its becoming ghost belief,  and if anyone dares to rebut anything, they are told they are mean, and they need to believe. The only thing I believe without proof is my religion.  There hasn't been an actual discussion around here in years.  And no one is offering anything by way of real evidence.

Hi Judecat. smile.gif

How are you? Great I hope.

If you are really interested in the Sallie house, I would suggest calling, not emailing, the Atchison, Kansas local libraries and ask them if there are any public records of the house and the people who first bought it until now 2009.

No-one was questioning what you haved asked about the Sallie house. I would love to know more of the historical fact info. on it too. I find, for me, it is a little frustrating when I cannot get straight facts, so I research a little more... and am lucky every once in awhile to hit a gem that matches the facts I have found with the stories I have read or heard. I start with the local library. smile.gif

Judecat find your facts-- And offer up the discussion that will give a whirlwind intelligent hot debate. You should be the first to re-introduce what debating and still being online friends after wards means.

Edited by Jill_Skellington, 29 July 2009 - 07:59 AM.

My Signature

Posted Image

.Oh Jill.

#15 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi Jude, I am sorry but I do not see anyone "pouting" or not discussing the haunting. I certainly dont have 100% of the facts, I just researched it for a long time. I am open for discussion as others seem to be. However, I posted as much as I could to help you understand the logistics of the case. Also I dont recall anyone being "mean" or calling anyone words of that nature. Picture 562.gif
My Signature

#16 Feeler

Undead Ed's Biggest Fan

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:My kiddos; reading; movies; my family; judge shows; food; the Internet; ghosts; hauntings; meditation.

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi everyone-

Blue, I don't believe Jude was referring to anyone in this thread being pouty or thinking anyone is rude.  I think she is referencing previous/other threads.  

In any case, I have only involved myself in one or two discussions on here since I joined several years ago.  I agree that it used to be different when other people were involved.  I still pop in now and again to see what is going on and see if anything new has come along.  However, I am one of those frustrating believe-anything-with-even-a-little-evidence types.    Picture 483.gif   I have NO PROBLEM with challenges, but often find I just have no way to explain WHY I believe someone as opposed to not believe them.  And "'Cause I said so" only works with my daughters...

Having lived in haunted houses my entire life as well as having 'abilities' I can sorta tell when something is a load of nonsense, but then sometimes it's just fascinating to me.

However: I try not to 'discuss' any of it.  

One thing I would like to put up here on this topic: they DID find Sallie's headstone and she DID die in that 1905 timeframe.  I believe her name was Sallie Hall?

Second: the sallie house link I spoke about has an entire page dedicated to the history of the occupants of the house.  Knowing I have lived in brand new houses that are haunted within months of moving in, I know the spirits don't always come with the house itself.  I believe the evil or forboding spirits that Tony experienced were at rest until he was the person to bring them to life, so to speak.  I, personally, am a 'portal' of some kind and actively work to keep it closed.  Whether that is true or not, I can only say I didn't come up with it on my own.  smile.gif  

After they moved I think the actual EVIL part was opened up by someone (the person who created the pentagram) else.  

I completely believe that something was attacking Tony, but also believe part of that was a sort of psychokenesis.  

This family had NOTHING to gain from creating such a story.  I can't see how they would have done to themselves what they have photographic evidence of (as well as the EVP's) just for the fun of it.  What would be your theories, Jude, for this story being created?  I'm curious.  

BTW: I am a 35 year old single mama- I gain nothing from creating fights or being rude to anyone on a message board.  That being said, please do not think that anything I say is meant to hurt anyone's feelings.  The same goes for everyone here- I take very little personally and when I do I usually can chalk it up to my being ridiculously sensitive.  I try not to let that happen though.

#17 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hi Feeler, I also have abilities and have lived with hauntings for most of my adult life. It is easy to spot a fake story, at least for me, most of the time anyway. This story seems very legit to me, due to the witness accounts, what I have seen on TV with Tony alone being attacked, and the photos and EVP's are very compelling evidence, and the amount of research I have done too. The couple came forward on "Sightings" then A Haunting and have been around for years since that time. I didnt see anything that appeared to be fake, or questionable for that matter. Yes they have shown Sallie's headstone, however over the years, the name and info has withered away. She did die in that house, as well. I agree that at some point Sallie, or the family let in a Demon which brutally attacked Tony quite often. I never saw any one of that family waver or change stories, its always been the same. Also I watched the episode with late Peter James which was pretty amazing, in itself. Lastly there is an abundance of evidence as opposed to lots of other accounts that may lack certain facts or physical evidence etc. So, it is fun discussing but to me its a slam dunk..LOL.. confused0068.gif
My Signature

#18 The_Dead_Shall_Rise_Again

Ghostlight

• GS Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

the evidence thats been posted so far,which i just looked at,is weak at best.now im not saying this haunting hasnt occured,but there doesnt seem to be any evidence in any of those pictures in the 1st link in this thread.

Edited by DeadmanWalking74, 29 July 2009 - 05:36 PM.

#19 Judecat

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 22 2009, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I apologize if this story has been posted before. But it is one of my favorite hauntings, along with some very strong evidence, pics and EVP's. confused0068.gif

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 27 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Feeler, This is a very compelling story, along with some pretty incredible evidence. confused0068.gif

QUOTE(BlueAngel @ Jul 27 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fortunately they took a great deal of family photos, so I believe the rest can be explained thru pictures alone, never mind the PI reports and EVP's etc.

Blue Angle is the one who has said there was strong evidence,  incredible evidence, and that in her opinion the pictures them self are evidence,  but I'm not seeing any actual evidence anywhere.  Even the website posted has statements that contradict the basic story.
http://www.thesalliehouse.com/articles/Sal...nformation.html
"The only references we have to Sallie does not seem to coinside with this spirit being that of a little 7 years old girl, or and Sallie having died and being connected to the house."  Then follows the obituary of Sallie Hall.
http://www.thesalliehouse.com/articles/fin...ly_history.html
In 1894, Charles received his M.D. degree from Beaumont Hospital Medical college, St. Louis, no called the St. Louis University Medical school.  Upon his return from medical college, Charles opened his office in the Martin building at Fifth and Commercial.  During his long practice, he was associated with Dr. William Bogle, Dr. Virgil Morrison, and for several years before his retirement, with his son.

Edited by Judecat, 30 July 2009 - 03:57 AM.

#20 BlueAngel

Disembodied Voice

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:56 PM

Hi Jude, The only discrepency I found was when I watched this on "A Haunting" was that supposedly Sallie's mother was the housekeeper and was having an affair with the doctor, so Sallie was her daughter and his as well. Now I see it says the mother showed up at the door, with "her" sick child. I wrote to Debra Pickman, and she was kind enough to write back. She stated there are no historical records that indicate Sallie was alive or lived and died in that house. She also said the house was not condusive to having an office or operating room up or downstairs. The child they called Sallie, its possible was not a child at all, but a Demon disgusing itself (I said that Deb didnt). She made that site that she stated attempts to show fact from fiction. That is www.salliehouse.com. As far as the photos taken, in nearly every one there is what I call ectoplasm or (smoky, cloudy, misty images) around the baby, and Debra and Tony, and the Grandmother. I would say at this point now that is all come out, it was a Demonic haunting, and I dont know if a Sallie is or was stuck in that house or the Diabolical manifested itself as her. I never felt there was a mother there, but a Demon, because human spirits dont have the energy to invade ones mind, dreams and thoughts as it did Tony. Still, its an awesome story and I love learning more and more every day.

happy0045.gif
My Signature

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com