• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#61 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:29 AM

If all else fails, ask your niece to stay in the same room as you. You said this stuff happens when your singled-out. Maybe some company will discourage it/them from disturbing you? At the least, some conversation with your niece would distract you from it/them. Also, turning the tv on a little loud will help provided your mother won't get mad at you. Good luck! good.gif
"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#62 shonalynn

shonalynn

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts
  • Interests:Nachos, beer, football.

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:31 AM

These accounts are just fascinating! I couldn't imagine being home alone and experiencing all of this. You are very brave! Please keep us posted!
I'm on Facebook!

#63 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:06 AM

Well I have been home from the three days now and only a few things have happened. I am hearing those popping noises again. They seem to becoming from the area near/around the foot of the bed. I also heard a thunk at the other end of the porch.  I have not heard any voices as of late, so I think they are playing nice with me, while I recover. Hopefully this will continue, until I am fully recovered(fingers crossed).

I am alone today, because my mother has gone with some friends to the Cape. We will see how the day progresses. I will keep you updated as things happen.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 19 September 2007 - 09:08 AM.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#64 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

Well, last night and this morning have brought a new dimension to the 'haunting'. I do not recall being touched like this before.

Last night, I went to bed at 10:34pm, as I was trying to get comfortable(not an easy task), I felt someone or something, on my right foot, pinch the fleshy part of my big toe. It was not a hard pinch, but it was a definite pinch. Needless to say, it startled me. I could not see or hear anyone and it was not repeated.

This morning around 9:34am, I was alone in the house, sitting in the high-back chair in the living-room. I had my arms resting on the chair arms, with my right elbow and portion of my upper arm hanging over the side. I suddenly felt a gentle brush up the exposed portion of my arm. I looked and there was not anything there to cause the sensation(i.e. stray hair or lint). Neither times did I feel any malice intended. Both times it seemed, in a way, comforting. Though it is a bit disconcerting to feel you have been touched, when there was no one there.

Edited by MacCGStudy, 09 February 2017 - 07:31 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#65 Sly-Spectre

Sly-Spectre

Larry

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Drinking, Eating, Sleeping, Partying, Pool(Billiards to you Englishmen) and...Ghosts and Cryptozoology.<br /><br />I'm on Facebook look for Gerry Nix

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:00 PM

Sounds like your poltergeist has a soft spot for the physically injured. Or maybe this is a seperate entity that cares. A little sister type deal? Try talking to it. Even if it doesn't respond, maybe it'll appreciate you acknowledging it.

Edited by Sly-Spectre, 20 September 2007 - 02:02 PM.

"Something weird is going on Jess." Simon whispered as they waited to be served. "I overheard Sara and Hector say something about 'getting back at you' in the library this morning."
Jessie thought for a moment, his face expressionless as usual.
"That's just crazy." he said. "I didn't think you even knew where the library was."

-Excerpt from my short story "Stabbed in the Front."

#66 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

Oh, I do talk to It(I use the term it because I am unsure if it it male or female). Lately it has only been noises: knocks, sounds of things falling and an occasional bout of footfalls. I am still recovering from the surgery and It must still be taking pity on my. smile.gif I am somewhat dreading when I am fully recovered. It might come back full throttle. laugh.gif
I will keep you informed as things progress. Goodbye for now.

Posted Image

My Shop

#67 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:20 AM

Well, things seem to be starting up again. The past few weeks I have been hearing the footsteps and voices again, also some new sounds. As I have mentioned before, per request of my mother, I have set the television to come on at 6 AM Monday through Friday. Well, the other night I could not sleep and was tossing and turning, try to get comfortable. I heard what sounded like the television turning on a whomp... click sound. I sat up in bed and looked at the alarm clock and it read 3 AM. I leaned forward and looked at the television and it was not on. I laid back down and tried to get to sleep, when I heard footsteps walking back and forth in front of the bathroom and fireplace. I then heard a bang near the Barrister bookcase. next to the dividing picture-shelf window between the porch and living-room. There was nothing there to make the noise. I did not get much sleep that night.

Oh, did I mention my mother is away in California, so again I am alone in the house and will be for two weeks. Oh joy(said with sarcasm)! I have heard the same noises last night and into this morning. I was sitting in the high-back chair, watching television, when I heard the bang, plus a couple of clicks. I also, have the feeling I am being watched, but I am getting used to it. I have seen some flashes of light and I thought I saw a shadow near my mother's room. I pulled the privacy blinds down on the porch. One blind covers the picture-shelf window and another divides part of the porch to make a private area to sleep. I just did not want to deal, with seeing anything in the dark, last night.

I will let you know what happens next.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 11 November 2007 - 08:24 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#68 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:06 PM

Okay, I have been writing down the dates and times of the occurrences in a log. This is what has happened so far...

November 12th. 3:31 AM: I just got back from a trip to the bathroom and was just resettling back down to bed, when I heard footsteps and what sounded like a cough, coming from the living room. The steps, sounded like, they were walking in front of the fireplace, just a few steps, then the cough. After that, there was no more sounds. I fell back to sleep around 4:00 AM.

November 13th. 11:01 PM: I was just settling down to sleep, when I felt some thing brush past my feet. I opened my eyes and there was nothing there. I then heard the floor boards creak(the porch is carpeted) near the bed on the doorway side and then footsteps, on the bare wood floor in the living room, going past the picture window. I keep the blinds down now, so I was unable to see anything.

November 15th. 3:45 PM: I went to the basement to get some birdseed for outside. I had not fed the poor birds for a few days. As I was filling up the container, I suddenly felt uneasy, like I was being watched. I looked around, but could not see anything. I quickly finished and raced up the stairs. As I was shutting off the light, I heard the bottom step make a creaking noise, as if someone had stepped on it. I snapped off the light and slammed the door shut and locked it.

November 16th. 7:30 PM: I was sitting in the living-room, watching BBC comedies on the television, when I saw a dark shadow in the kitchen. I saw in my peripheral vision, it moved from left to right, past the kitchen doorway. I did not get up to investigate it.

November 17th. 8:05 PM: As I was leaving the bathroom, I noticed a dark shadow move past the doorway of my room. It moved from left to right. I checked the room, there was nothing amiss.

November 18th. 10:15 PM: I was sitting in the high-back chair, in the living-room watching television. In my peripheral vision, I saw a white streak of light in my mother's bedroom. It shot from the right to the left, behind her bed, in between the bed and the wall. It actually blocked the view of the window, when it went past it. I did not go to investigate it.

November 23rd. 7:05 AM: I walked into the kitchen and dining room to put up the shades. As I went to grasp the shade, I noticed that the sun catcher, of a Native American, was on the floor. It was not damaged, thankfully. I placed it back on the hook in the window and went to work.

November 23rd. 12:06 PM: When I came home from work, the strangest thing happened,  I unlocked the door and as I was opening it, I heard a loud, drawn out moan. It was not coming from the door. It sounded like it was coming from the dining room. As I stepped inside I turned to look towards the dining room and I saw the sun catcher on the floor again. I also saw a paper napkin, that I had left on the table, was now on the floor. It was about 3-inches away from the sun catcher. No one was home, while I was at work.

That is it for now, I will keep you posted.

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 23 November 2007 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#69 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

It's probably just me, but I get chills reading about some of these latest incidents--especially the one with the moan.  Not the sort of thing I'd want to hear IN my house.   ermm.gif

#70 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Nov 24 2007, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's probably just me, but I get chills reading about some of these latest incidents--especially the one with the moan. Not the sort of thing I'd want to hear IN my house. ermm.gif

I know, I was a bit spooked hearing it. I have not heard it since.

November 26th. 1:03 AM: I was just getting settled in for the night. I stayed up late to read. I turned off the light and laid back in bed, when I heard a knock. I could not tell where it exactly came from, but it sounded as if it was near me. I turned on the light and searched, but could not find anything.

Moe

Posted Image

My Shop

#71 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Sorry I have not posted any updates recently. My brother and his family were staying here and everything had been so hectic, that I had not really noticed anything unusual. Recently however, I have been noticing some new phenomena.

January 15, 2008  3:29 AM: I was getting up to use the bathroom and I heard someone go into it. I thought it was my mother, but I could hear her in her room. I got up and looked towards the bathroom and saw that no one was in there. I quickly went in and used it and got right back into bed. I did not go looking around this time.  

January 20, 12:15 AM: I heard someone walking about the living room and I could hear someone breathing, on the opposite side of the partition blind for the porch Shadowbox window. I got up and checked about, my mother was in bed asleep, so it was not her.

January 21, 11:17 PM: As I was settling down for the night last evening, I noticed a quick flash of light moving from left to right across the separating blinds on the porch. I then heard a loud snapping sound in the living room. When I got up to investigate, there was nothing amiss.

January 22 2:05AM: I heard someone walking about in the living room, moving toward the bathroom. I then heard
a male voice whispering, but I could not make out what they were saying.

As things happen I will post them.  Picture 524.GIF

Posted Image

My Shop

#72 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:28 PM

Well, for the past few nights I have heard the man whispering. Now it seems he has a friend with him... said sarcastically.  th_sarcastic_blum.gif  I can hear him whispering and someone else answering. I can not make out what the other person is saying, either. It appears that 12 AM - 3 AM is there time to talk. It is driving me nuts,  not being able to understand what they are saying. I need to get a digital voice recorder. Hmm... I should go and check Wal*Mart.

Well I have to go for now. I have to make dinner.

Posted Image

My Shop

#73 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe @ Jan 30 2008, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I need to get a digital voice recorder. Hmm... I should go and check Wal*Mart.

Or eBay...you might get a better deal there.  If you do buy equipment on eBay, don't let anybody overcharge on shipping (which is a trick that many sellers try).  If the shipping seems high given the size and weight of the item, it probably is.  But I love eBay for the most part and would probably check there first for any ghost hunting gear.

#74 hades0069

hades0069

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 07:20 AM

wow I am sorry you have to go through all this but I love reading all your stories.

what I would give to be able to bring some equipment and stay a night or two at your house  Picture 510.gif

#75 KISSfan

KISSfan

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 262 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

I've just read through this thread,thanks for sharing your stories with us,you are certainly a brave sort!
~She Walks By Moonlight...~

http://forgottenontario.webs.com/

#76 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(AugustineGStudy @ Jan 31 2008, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or eBay...you might get a better deal there. If you do buy equipment on eBay, don't let anybody overcharge on shipping (which is a trick that many sellers try). If the shipping seems high given the size and weight of the item, it probably is. But I love eBay for the most part and would probably check there first for any ghost hunting gear.

Thank you Augustine, I will check EBay and see if there is any there I like.

Well, I heard some more of the same last night. Unfortunately, I was a bit more tense, than usual. We had an intense thunder, lightning and wind storm. Even so, I could still hear the whispering and foot steps. Which means the phenomenon had to be fairly close, for me to be able to hear it over the storm. I can not find my small pair of needle-work scissors. I left them on the tea cart in the kitchen and now they are gone. My mother and I looked everywhere for them, with no luck. This has happened before, along time ago when I was around ten years old. I had a leather coin purse, with an Indian head burned onto it. i got it on vacation in Canada. It disappeared and we searched high and low for it, but could not find it. We found it some ten years later, in the bottom of a box, in the basement. One minute it was on my chest of drawers, then it is gone, to resurrect in the basement years later.

Well that is all for now. innocent0005.gif

Hugs, Moe

Posted Image

My Shop

#77 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:59 AM

I purchased a DVR on EBay. I am just waiting for it to arrive. Thank you everyone for your advice, on which one to get. I also purchased a new PC. This one I am using is a old one, using Windows 98 SE. It only has a 32 GB Hard Drive and 64MB of RAM. Add to that Dial-up Internet access and it is a pain. Sooooo sloooooow... lol. So I broke down and got a new one. I can not wait until it arrives in the store for pick up. Now I have to save up for a camcorder with night vision(wish list)... lol.

Where to begin: I heard something new a few days ago. I have hung a set of tubular bells(wind chimes) from my bedroom doorway. If anyone passes through the doorway, they will hit them and set them ringing. I must tell you that the vents to my bedroom are closed off, since I am not sleeping in that room, so there is no draft to set them swinging. The only way it does swing, is when someone passes through and strikes the pendulum or when the breeze caused by their passing by it, sets the pendulum swinging. Even when that happens, it strikes more than one tube. As I was sitting on the pull-out bed, reading a book, I heard what sounded like a bell ring. It was one tone, a distinct single ring, a clean sound. I was alone in the house at the time and got up to look and the bells were not swinging. It was not, it really sounded like one of them. I have not heard it since.

I am still hearing the sound of footsteps and whispers. I was in the bathroom and about to open the door, when I heard someone whispering on the other side. I thought that my niece had come over, to spend the night, and I just had not heard her come in. I opened the door and started to say,"I did not understand, what did you say?.", when I looked around, there was no one there. I checked out the house. I was alone.

At times it sounds, as if there is someone in the basement, talking very low. It is as if, I should know, who it is talking(if that makes any sense); as if the voice is familiar, but not. I can never make out who it is, whether it is male or female. Nor can I make out, what they are saying or what language it is in. When I get the DVR, I will go and check the basement, when I hear them again and let you know what(if any) thing is recorded.

I best be off. Taubotny kah nahonnushagk(Thank you and farewell).

Edited by MacCionoadha' Bean-Sidhe, 10 February 2008 - 11:01 AM.

Posted Image

My Shop

#78 Augustine

Augustine

Escaped Lunatic

• GS Member
  • 16,566 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

Congrats on your new DVR and equipment!  I can't wait to see if you're able to capture anything...please let us know if you do.   cool.gif

#79 tinkerbella

tinkerbella

EVP

• GS Member
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

I just started reading this post... wow!  You've definitely got a lot going on there, and I can't wait to see if you capture anything on your new DVR!  smile.gif

Reading a lot of your stories, reminds me of my childhood home too!  Especially the voices calling your name... that seems to happen to me no matter where I am.  And of course, everyone thinks I'm crazy because no one has called my name.  blink.gif

Thanks for sharing!

#80 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Crop Circle

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Thank you. As soon as I learn how to use it, I will post what I find. I will not be able to put anything online, until I pick up and install the new computer.

tinkerbella: Reading a lot of your stories, reminds me of my childhood home too! Especially the voices calling your name... that seems to happen to me no matter where I am. And of course, everyone thinks I'm crazy because no one has called my name.

Just because no one else can hear the voices, doesn't mean you are crazy. It just means they are deaf... lol. Seriously though, you are not crazy.

Posted Image

My Shop