EVP recording capture

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

#1 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

This is the first EVP our group ever captured. It was not during an official investigation, just when we were trying out a new recorder. The picture is the room it was captured in with the recorder on the bed. The audio will play five times, first appearing at 0:01 and repeating about every three seconds. It's somewhat faint, so you will have to turn your volume up but I don't think you will need headphones.

I should add that nobody was in the room at the time. Everyone was in the kitchen on the other side of the house when this was captured.

#2 ArizonaEvp

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

Greetings,

I heard the primary response as a female that seemed to say:  I love you

As a side note;  when I analyzed the audio I found the secondary responses in the clip changed slightly every time the snippet was "pasted" into the timeline.

Thanks for sharing,
Ron

Edited by ArizonaEvp, 10 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#3 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigation (obviously), movies, baseball, hockey, and I do manage to steal some time to read.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostArizonaEvp, on 10 April 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Greetings,

I heard the primary response as a female that seemed to say:  I love you

As a side note;  when I analyzed the audio I found the secondary responses in the clip changed slightly every time the snippet was "pasted" into the timeline.

Thanks for sharing,
Ron

That's what most of us got. A child, most likely a little girl, saying "I love you". When I placed the recorder in the room I said if anyone was there that wanted to say something or send a message the device might pick it up and we would hear it when we listened later. The people that live there did have a six year old son that died several years before, and a little girl and six year old boy can be hard to tell apart. I sometimes wonder if it was him, but nothing else that we got there gave any indication that he was there.

This is the first time I have put something like this together for YouTube, so the changes might have been something I did. I just didn't know any other way to get such a small snippet on there without making people click play again every three seconds.

#4 DTR

EVP

• GS Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

hmm, can i ask if you have a cat? it does sound like "evelyne" or a voice saying "can i come in?".

i think it's a good catch.
My Signature

DTR

Island Ghost Research - Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.c...ndGhostResearch

#5 CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

There's alot there...
https://soundcloud.c.../evp-jamesrob-1
My Signature

#6 MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

What I hear is "Help us" but I also understand why some hear "Evelyn" I don't get "I love you" at all, there are clearly only two Syllables not three

Edited by MortimerGraves, 11 April 2013 - 04:01 AM.

My Signature
Who you gonna call?

#7 Dazzled Dad

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostMortimerGraves, on 11 April 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

What I hear is "Help us" but I also understand why some hear "Evelyn" I don't get "I love you" at all, there are clearly only two Syllables not three

I'm not trying to be smart...but "Evelyn" has three syllables.

Frank

#8 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

It does fade a little at the end, so we have had some people come up with "cowboy". One person heard "hey boy" before they listened with headphones then said it was definitely "I love you". This is the first time anyone has come up with "Evelyn" and I don't get that at all.

There were no animals in the house and the door was closed. We were in the kitchen, so there may be some noises from the kitchen picking up in the background.

View PostCDS, on 11 April 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

Yeah, I say that's likely background noise picking up from the kitchen. There were times on the full recording we can be heard talking, but this pretty obviously came from inside the room. That was a very active room too. The woman that lived there said she woke up one night and saw an old man standing by their bed.

#9 ArizonaEvp

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostJamesRob, on 10 April 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

That's what most of us got. A child, most likely a little girl, saying "I love you". When I placed the recorder in the room I said if anyone was there that wanted to say something or send a message the device might pick it up and we would hear it when we listened later. The people that live there did have a six year old son that died several years before, and a little girl and six year old boy can be hard to tell apart. I sometimes wonder if it was him, but nothing else that we got there gave any indication that he was there.

This is the first time I have put something like this together for YouTube, so the changes might have been something I did. I just didn't know any other way to get such a small snippet on there without making people click play again every three seconds.

You are correct that a child's voice can be quite androgynous in tone.

I don't know that the change in secondary responses were anything you did.  Places like youtube and especially soundcloud re-encode and transcode submissions.  The observation of changed meanings in EVP's have been around for years with people noting subtle changes in the same file uploaded to different servers on different forums.

I personally enjoyed hearing the changes.

Thanks Again,
Ron

Edited by ArizonaEvp, 11 April 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#10 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hmm. I may try a different way of doing it when I put other EVPs up then. It does make sense, though, and of course going from the recorder to the computer to YouTube is going to take away from the quality anyway.

#11 MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostDazzled Dad, on 11 April 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

I'm not trying to be smart...but "Evelyn" has three syllables.

Frank

Hi Frank

In my neck of the woods, we pronounce it Ev-lyn, not Ev-e-lyn. Just a matter of culture clash! We are so hick here we were Rednecks before Jeff Foxworthy ever popularized the term!

God Bless

Graves :)
My Signature
Who you gonna call?

#12 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Let's try this and see if it's better. Same evp on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.c...oconahunter/ily

#13 JamesRob

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Lol. Okay, that;'s just weird. I don't get Evelyn even if that's what I'm trying to hear and it sounds like a child. But I do like soundcloud.com better.

#14 MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Well, just as the eye searches for familiar shapes, the ear listens for familiar sounds. When one is told that an EVP says a certain word or phrase, the ear automatically listens for that sound. It's why I'd rather listen to an EVP and make my own mind up as to what it says, if anything. Also I rather veiw pictures without any markings, or being told what to look for or where to look. I will give either picture or EVP fair and impartial examination. What I see or what I hear I report. If it is still unexplained, so be it. I don't think we can explain every image nor every video nor every EVP recording logically. But the power of suggestion is strong.
My Signature
Who you gonna call?

#15 ArizonaEvp

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

While I would tend to agree with PortlandGhost that some EVP responses & subsequent interpretation are intended for the questioner,  one cannot discount the fact that we all hear differently.

Things like genetics , the health of the mother up to and during pregnancy, health and nutrition of the child, environmental & occupational factors all play a part in how we hear. Working the flight deck of a carrier during air ops or listening to loud music can impact hearing just as tinnitus can.

Then there is the issue of the quality of software and hardware in our computers as well as if we listen through speakers, headphones or earbuds.  It all factors in.  

If we all had the same set-up and hearing abilities,  there may be more consensus in what the interpretations are;  but it's not that way.  It's like that analogy that 10 people can see a car wreck and come away with 10 versions of what happened.

I also agree with Mr. Graves that EVP's presented without interpretation is best.  Under ideal circumstances,  I prefer a segment that has the questioner speaking before and after the response section as opposed to just the EVP portion itself.

I appreciate JamesRob's posting of this clip without opining on what he hears.  

Kindest regards,
Ron

Edited by ArizonaEvp, 13 April 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#16 DarkShadow

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

Oh wow.  Let me proceed to give you another translation.  LOL

I heard, "airport?"  Like a question.

#17 pennie07

EVP

• GS Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

I hear a little boy's voice saying "I love you."

#18 Skeleduck

Cold Spot

• GS Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

And chiming in late to the party, I hear a child (at a guess, 5-10 year old boy with an accent I can't place) saying plaintively 'I wouldn't...'. With an emphasis on the 'wou' and the 'n't' sound a little quieter and trailing.
Gods bless our subjective ears.
My Signature

#19 Alonewitheverybody

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, urban exploration photos (although i don't partake) Derren Brown :-)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

I can hear both "Evelyn" and "I love you" Evelyn seems more prominent to me though. It sounds like an adult voice. I suppose it depends a little on your accent, as i think people will hear things slightly differently depending on where they are from. If it is "i love you" it sounds almost robotic, like one of those dolls. Sorry to be dragging up an old thread, but i have found my earphones :-D
My Signature
Posted Image
Created by SilentWalkerGStudy :-)

#20 Sammee

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

I hear a child's voice saying "Evelyn",   and it is very clear to me.   I think it's a great capture.

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com