• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi everyone,I did a quick search on this using the search box above, but nowt came up.
I was wondering if any of you have used echovox and if so what did you think.
I'm not going to say anything about my experiences in this initial post because I want to know what you think.

What is Echovox:
Google Play
Apple

Edited by Michelle GT, 04 December 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#2 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

I have never done any EVP's and didn't know about the EchoVox  so will be interested in watching the posted video's thanks for sharing :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#3 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

Here's the deal as I see it and this goes for the P-SB7 too. If you use one and think you've got good evidence, it will NEVER make it past the skeptics.

#4 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hmmn, I agree there is a post on reddit that has a sceptic chiming in and they have an interestng viewpoint.

Personally I agree with some of what they say, however I personally believe tht this software actually works.

Reddit: http://www.reddit.co..._dummies_vol_1/

#5 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

It's ok but I don't see why it's worth $20 you can get something that uses a similar audio presentation system called Ghost Box T1 TTS EVP ITC for free.

It's not rated highly because it isn't all flashy BUT it is very well written though it doesnt do the echo echo thing which I never particularly liked anyways.

Incidentally the author also made one of the best phone based EMF meters :yes:

Phone based EMF meters are not particularly useful and tend to waste battery BUT of all of the ones available I do think his is the best/least horrible :)

Oh and I do not know about the Echovox but the Ghost Box T1 has a way to add a word list if anyone is interested.

As for ghost communicators I still favor GhosTalk because it produces text instead of easy to mixup audio ... and of course 'cuz it's mine :D

- siguie -

#6 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Its in the echo that you hear the EVP's.
Plus 'word generators' don't work in my opinion.

Edited by Michelle GT, 06 December 2014 - 12:03 AM.

#7 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:05 AM

I think many people have lost sight of EVP, what it is and how it's produced because they haven't followed the studies of the pioneers such as Friedrich Jürgenson, Konstantin Raudive, Raymond Cass or Sarah Estep. None of them used random word generators in their research and recognized that EVP, (Electronic Voice Phenomena) can only be heard during playback. It was proven scientifically in the last 10 years that the phenomena is low level EMF stimulating a voice coil typically found in microphones using a bell jar creating a vacuum and a highly sensitive EMF sensor inside.

There is another type of anomalous audio known as AVP, Aural Voice Phenomena that actually is a sound wave that can be heard at the time of the recording but is rarer in occurrence. Typically, many researchers error in labeling the phenomena because they aren't monitoring the audio track real-time which is essential.

Credible research requires administering logic and controls. Unfortunately, applying unproven belief systems with your research will only lead you further away from this rather fascinating phenomena. Also using higher grade equipment with shielding will generate less false positives. Good luck with your research!

Edited by evp, 06 December 2014 - 03:06 AM.

#8 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:08 AM

I guess I'm just not very good with EVPs then 'cuz I almost never hear what people think is being said. Add in echos and various other sound effects and any words are easy to dismiss as pareidolia.

I've even made a couple of ghost boxes and still prefer the text outputs BUT I suppose this is one of those YMMV type of situations :)

But to get back to the original question about Echovox, I haven't used it and don't see why one would spend $20 to create what is essentially a feedback loop generator but if you think you can get better results with it go for it ... $20 is cheap for ghost tech :yes:
- siguie -

#9 dash

dash

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

I am not very good at understanding EVPs either it is different if I am told what I am listening to but try as I may I am not very good on my own. Interesting Ghostalk though I did give that a try at first there was nothing but then I got some words. Thanks

#10 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Heya dash and if I missed your welcome thread ... :sign0016:

Yeah if you have to be told what is being said I think EVPs need to be tossed or atleast classified as a class C or maybe a B- {Bee Minus}.

I still think they are fun and interesting though :yes:

Thanxz for trying GhosTalk :D  With the default settings you should expect to get random words ~25% of the time so just getting a word doesn't mean much by itself. Like with the EchoVox or any ghost communicating device such as the ovilus or spirit boxes in general you always get a lot of eroneous "chatter" so what you are looking for are "messages" like complete or fragmented sentences, responses to questions or atleast some indication of an inteligence trying to communicate ... like the same word repeated over and over again.

GhosTalk really wont be useful as "evidence" but when you are asking questions and start seeing responses popup it's pretty cool :yes: and you may find you are in a conversation with someone on the other side ... no ouija board required  :)
- siguie -

#11 Miraculix

Miraculix

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:08 AM

Sadly, as technology progressed, especially in the areas of image and audio manipulation, any alledged evidence, particularly EVPs, have become very dismissable as likely fabricated, no matter how convincing the evidence appears to be, and the evidence is only authentic to the person who captured it. Also, I am absolutely not a fan of the so-called ghost box or any devices that use "word sets" or random sound samples as a "source" for EVPs because the likelyhood of false positives is astronomical.

Edited by Miraculix, 15 December 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#12 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:54 AM

Oh EVPs never required any technological advancements to be considered questionable ... it's normal for people not hear or tune out subtle sounds from outside, which may be easily captured on a recorder ... add in the fact that the majority of built in mics are partially directional one really should expect a fair number of false positives :yes:

BUT that's OK ... EVPs that are just sounds or appear to be giberish or even random words should be considered questionable even in cases of residual hauntings.

As you may have guessed I am a fan of devices that use word sets :yes: but getting random words or sounds are not "false positives" :no: they are just data points that "may" or "may not" be significant. When conducting experiments and doing research it's common to get extraneous "noise" the trick is being able to figure out what is real and what isn't. With these word generators it can be fairly easy ... if the words you get are responses to questions you are asking and they makes sense and fit then that's a good indication that you are communicating with an inteligence. If the words don't fit what you are asking or make no sense then it's just random noise :)
- siguie -

#13 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:03 AM

View PostMiraculix, on 15 December 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Sadly, as technology progressed, especially in the areas of image and audio manipulation, any alledged evidence, particularly EVPs, have become very dismissable as likely fabricated, no matter how convincing the evidence appears to be, and the evidence is only authentic to the person who captured it. Also, I am absolutely not a fan of the so-called ghost box or any devices that use "word sets" or random sound samples as a "source" for EVPs because the likelyhood of false positives is astronomical.

I was fortunate enough to be trained in audio and for a period in time I beta tested Adobe Audition. In a generalized sense you are correct that the average person cannot validate their audio capture as being anomalous but if you have any experience in higher end audio software, there are characteristics that allow you to identify them as different from a human voice. Also, administering controls and using higher end equipment will continue to remove improperly identified artifact.

Oddly, captures come in the form as low end frequency based EMF and even rarer, sound driven phenomenon. It's important to monitor real time which most investigators do not to further classify the captures as Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) or Aural Voice Phenomena (AVP).

Skeptics will continue to argue that these captures are nothing more than investigators belief systems governing their ability to think and admittedly there are plenty of audio captures perceived incorrectly. Stray radio waves are the foxus of attention among skeptics and rightfully so, but I've come across situations where the captures are heard real time with addressing of peoples names that are present. They exhibit very low freqencies and the flat vocal banding that humans cannot reproduce.

#14 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

View Postevp, on 15 December 2014 - 04:03 AM, said:

I was fortunate enough to be trained in audio and for a period in time I beta tested Adobe Audition. In a generalized sense you are correct that the average person cannot validate their audio capture as being anomalous but if you have any experience in higher end audio software, there are characteristics that allow you to identify them as different from a human voice. Also, administering controls and using higher end equipment will continue to remove improperly identified artifact.

Oddly, captures come in the form as low end frequency based EMF and even rarer, sound driven phenomenon. It's important to monitor real time which most investigators do not to further classify the captures as Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) or Aural Voice Phenomena (AVP).

Skeptics will continue to argue that these captures are nothing more than investigators belief systems governing their ability to think and admittedly there are plenty of audio captures perceived incorrectly. Stray radio waves are the foxus of attention among skeptics and rightfully so, but I've come across situations where the captures are heard real time with addressing of peoples names that are present. They exhibit very low freqencies and the flat vocal banding that humans cannot reproduce.

Interesting you bring up the "Characteristics of a EVP."

I've been considering doing a short article on it.

#15 EVP

EVP

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostCDS, on 15 December 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

Interesting you bring up the "Characteristics of a EVP."

I've been considering doing a short article on it.

If you decide to post your article, please pm me and let me know where I can read it. I'd be interested in your findings.

#16 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

I would be interested in reading it also, EVP is fascinating to me, although I don't have an audio background.
I do have Adobe audition and it has been a massive learning curve, observing the spectral graph for anomalous 'voices' seems a good way to me, but please correct me if I'm wrong :D

Of course, it's difficult to do that with an Echovox recording as the noise created is made from phonemes, so it takes a longer time sort out the trash but for me, it's worth it. For example, while on an investigation a couple of days ago, I get a word come through on three separate occasions with the same voice and accent saying the same thing. Once might be interesting, twice coincidence but three times?...

The sceptic part of me says that it is just the program repeating itself, but the other part of my brain is thinking about how the voice is coming through in the echo when the echo is set to 0ms.

Once I have finished going through the files captured that night, I'll post the clip up for you guys to have a listen to :)

Edited by Michelle GT, 16 December 2014 - 02:02 AM.

#17 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Interesting information
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#18 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:01 AM

View PostMichelle GT, on 15 December 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

... while on an investigation a couple of days ago, I get a word come through on three separate occasions with the same voice and accent saying the same thing. Once might be interesting, twice coincidence but three times?...

Oh very cool ... conceptually your thinking is similar to the emphasis numbers in GhosTalk :yes: GT doesn't just display random words ... the same word needs to be picked two times minimum in a single set before it is displayed or roughly a 1 in 500,000 chance of a random occurence per word. Some of the more interesting results have the same word picked 3, 4 and even 5 times which is statistically very remote.

So when the words being chosen make sense, especially when responding to questions it's difficult not to believe that you are communicating with something ... just like with your EchoVox results :yes:

View PostMichelle GT, on 15 December 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

The sceptic part of me says that it is just the program repeating itself, but the other part of my brain is thinking about how the voice is coming through in the echo when the echo is set to 0ms.

Once I have finished going through the files captured that night, I'll post the clip up for you guys to have a listen to :)

Oh that 0ms delay is just an added offset, the "echo" portion is the feedback between the speaker and microphone. Closer together is a shorter delay while further apart generates a longer delay. If you add additional milliseconds it just makes it appear as if the speaker and mic are further apart than they are, which is probably useful on a standalone phone/tablet using EchoVox.
- siguie -

#19 CDS

CDS

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

View Postevp, on 15 December 2014 - 05:51 PM, said:

If you decide to post your article, please pm me and let me know where I can read it. I'd be interested in your findings.

I will. The hardest & most time consuming thing will be digging through tons of audio for the proper examples. I'd also like to touch on the apps. My main goto is audition, although there are some apps better suited for some audio segments. That may be better as a separate article.

#20 Raven Hexx

Raven Hexx

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:25 AM

View PostCDS, on 16 December 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

I will. The hardest & most time consuming thing will be digging through tons of audio for the proper examples. I'd also like to touch on the apps. My main goto is audition, although there are some apps better suited for some audio segments. That may be better as a separate article.

I would be interested in the apps you mention, audition can be a little clunky in the fact that it takes a long time to do one thing lol!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: evp, itc, echovox