• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kiwievp86

kiwievp86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Hey guys, Iam new to the forum and in need of some help!

My partner and I took a trip to America from New Zealand, one of our stops was the Woodruff Fontaine House in Memphis TN.

This gorgeous place is known for its activity so we thought we better stop by!

We took a tour of the house with the docent and I had my phone recorder going in some parts of the house which are where the "hot spots" supposedly are.

Once on the top floor I set the recorder again and ended up getting what I think is a voice.

There was only 3 of us in the house at the time, the lovely docent which has a southern accent and my partner and I (NZ accents) On play back of the recording you will hear a 4th voice which sounds like a man saying "were, were dead"

Listen between 00:34-00:38 to hear the voice

Please let me know what you guys hear, if it is an evp/voice/or just me losing my mind!

Here is the link and looking forward to your replies!

https://www.youtube....h?v=F7Zkgu55NIk

Edited by kiwievp86, 02 January 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#2 Roxstar

Roxstar

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Interests:The paranormal, ghost and after life research, family, music, science, video games. I am mostly into EVP but also love to use spirit boxes and other forms of communication. It's a true passion of mine, more than a hobby.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

I only hear the same ladies voice, I assume the docent. It sounds like her, her voice fades away to where you can barely hear her, and she is sort of whispering, and her voice sounds a bit graveled. I can't tell exactly what she said, but I do hear the we're- we're dead reference.

"What Scares You, Masters You."

-UNKNOWN-

#3 kiwievp86

kiwievp86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:27 PM

Yes sorry the docent was the only one talking at the time when the other voice had come through, she was a elderly lady which could explain the graveled voice and I was moving the phone around which is why she will be  uncutting in and out. My partner and i don't speak until later in the recording, I thought I would leave the rest of the recording as she talks about the supposed haunts in the place.

We were standing right next to a display case of the mans belongings (who died on this floor) when the 4th voice came through. He is supposedly a nasty spirit from what I have researched. I'm starting to think he may have been talking to another spirit.... maybe his father who also died in this house?

What i fully hear is "I told her we're...we're dead"

Glad to know I'm not the only one who can hear another voice :) Thanks

Edited by kiwievp86, 02 January 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#4 MortimerGraves

MortimerGraves

Incubus

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

Now please don't take this wrong. You may have indeed caught something, the word "dead" sounds pretty plain. I'm wondering what would make a ghost take the time to talk to only to say "We're dead." If you assume the house is haunted, the voice being dead is no surprise. Strange...

God Bless

Graves
Who you gonna call?

#5 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

at the 35 second mark I can hear the male voice seems to say  "pray touring"  and then the floor board squeaks then the same person - throat clearing at 38 seconds.

Edited by klainey, 04 January 2015 - 06:28 AM.

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#6 SarahB1863

SarahB1863

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:30 PM

I hear the docent saying something that sounds like "modern day", but if you try it sounds like she's saying "dead" instead of "day." Could it be a case of mishearing something?  I do hear what sounds like a man's voice saying "I told her..." but I don't hear anything else that sounds like that same voice.

#7 kiwievp86

kiwievp86

False Positive

• GS Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

Wow so many different opinions! this is awesome, thanks so much for all the feedback, it truly is appreciated!

#8 Night Shift

Night Shift

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

View Postklainey, on 04 January 2015 - 06:26 AM, said:

at the 35 second mark I can hear the male voice seems to say  "pray touring"  and then the floor board squeaks then the same person - throat clearing at 38 seconds.

Pretty much what I heard as well. I heard something that sounded like dead but it sounded as though it came from the guide.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVP, CREEPY SOUTHERN VOICES