• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:36 AM

I know, I sound weird. But this house we rent is an active one. A friend or 2 have mentioned (folks sensitive to presences ) that there is an elderly type presence here, that seems comforted being in a busy family household.

I have not seen an elderly figure, just once, in a random pic of us BBQ ing was there a form from BBQ smoke that was definitely an older male.

I have been gone alot, and hubby, due to this brain tumor experience my hubby is in. So many nights away in hospital, or even just so darn tired at night - we are are sleeping like logs.

I post because I notice, when we are gone, and then home again, stuff happens. Not creepy things,  but activity for sure. Like entering home and something on kitchen table randomly tips over. The sudden temperature drop. A door randomly opens. Outside, getting  air in backyard , fence creaks (patio is cement). The backyard gate swings open. Inside home it feels like spiderweb across my face.

Sounds silly but I can't explain WHY these odd things happen. But it feels like some presence is 'relieved' when we are home again.I have no ghost stuff (equipment), & no time to delve deeper into 'what' seems here, but it's a calm oddness. (except things tipping over etc, and that's not hurtful...a empty plastic cup didn't break). But a presence 'not liking our home being empty?'  

That seems backwards to me. Huh.
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#2 ParanormalEmpath

ParanormalEmpath

Apport

• GS Member
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Spirit, Empathic abilities, Clairvoyance, Mediums & other paranormal topics

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:19 AM

That is an interesting question and kind of a disconcerting one too.  Do ghosts get lonely?  I have hours of EVP's and ITC recordings from various haunted locations.  I have on several occasions have had voices tell us to "Don't go".  Typically you hear of the angry "Get out", we've had that too but it does show there are possibly ranges of emotion on display.  Which has always bothered me.  I am hoping that some of our human worries don't carry with us to whatever is beyond but so far I am not satisfied that is really the case.  And you don't sound weird at all.  It was an interesting post.  The best to you and your Husband.

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:14 AM

No you don't sound weird at all. I feel our deceased loved ones are never far away especially to support and care for us. Just like they have done while they were alive. Maybe they are keeping house while you are away.

I say go with your gut feeling it is never far off!
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,441 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:59 AM

I'd think that it's likely that wherever spirits reside....another dimension or what have you...that they'd had plenty of company with the others there. Or, maybe they have their own private little area, like instances in some online games where an area only exists for you/your group
Posted Image

#5 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

That is something I've never thought of - but why couldn't they miss the people they have come to know?  This is really an excellent topic to ponder.... very nice!

#6 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,404 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf (Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:14 PM

I believe that they can miss the commotion that goes on in our lives. They may love their home and want others to enjoy being there too. Also, they may worry about the health and wellbeing of those who reside there. I know that when I was ill and was alone, one of the residents gave me a gentle squeeze on my elbow to let me know they were there. It was comforting, startling, but comforting none the less.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Official GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#7 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Interests:WOW, our dogs and hanging with good people!

Posted 18 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

As we are all different and have different priorities in life...or more specifically, what things brought us the most joy.  For some it is family / loved ones.  For some it could be their house, work, car or special sentimental item???

Could our human draw to these things, while we are alive, be what creates a tie to them in the after life?  

This is a great topic and sparked all sorts of questions or thoughts in my own mind.
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#8 True North

True North

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:00 AM

Hi. I've spoken with and helped out a fair share of the deceased, and I can tell you that their attitudes and behaviors are as varied as the living's.

To answer your question, yes, it's quite possible someone's 'relieved' when you're home again. What kinds of spirits would feel this way? Lots, for lots of reasons. A common scenario, especially among the elderly, is outliving family and friends and then being hit really hard by how 'empty' the place feels (a place that was once bustling with life, a spouse, kids and laughter, friends over for BBQs etc).

#9 EVP

EVP

Wraith

• EVP
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:Digital Stills / Auditory Enigmas

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:57 PM

There maybe a small numbers that are cognizant of their state but most hauntings/ghost activity are imprints or as parapsychologists refer to as place memory. In many cases we attach a persona to identify with. Only a few have answered my questions directly when asked. I'm always careful with the questions and ensure the answers can't be replied with a yes or a no. Single syllable replies can easily be misinterpreted to fit our questions. Personally I throw out anything that is single syllable as it can easily be an audio glitch, radio interference, a foot shuffle or even an inhale or exhale of someone present that is human.

It seems every investigator has their share of inconsistent results. To approach this with a level of credibility we need to reduce quick conclusions. Most evidence is vague and obscure. It's only through the long haul do we get closer to the truth or should I say perceived truth. My approach is a little different; I gather results empirically and avoid shaping the evidence to fit the hypothesis. I let the end user draw conclusions. I've realized there are more questions than answers in this field and I don't have a gift.

Edited by EVP, 18 January 2020 - 10:08 PM.

Posted Image
Today while shopping, I put items back because it said, "Made In China".

#10 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

Apport

• GS Member
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Artist, Blogger, Goth. Manga Comic Artist,
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

Whenever I slept over at my sisters house in the spare room I tend to get the ghost cat riled up. She lives in like a 100 year old home. This cat comes to me cause I can interact with it a few ways. I bring toys too. She sleeps below that spare room and she will wake up and say I heard something small running up and down the stairs again. Its a mostly white male cat with one brown mark on its left side. I have no idea when it died and if previous owners knew of it. It calls itself Tom.
When I sleep over at my moms spirits gets excited to see me again. My parents house is almost 100 years old and has a grave past on the land pre before the house they live in now. The ghost child and a few others end up interacting with me again. They are harmless. After so many years you kinda see them as part of the family.
So its possible spirits get lonely.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image

#11 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts
  • Interests:Playing Celtic harp, sketching, reading bks of people in a mystical perspective(Abe Lincoln,Hildegard of Bingen,William B. Yeats,Nostrodomus-regular folks , living their beliefs), enjoy forests~

Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:59 PM

Thank you for your insights!  

I must say death boggles me. I really don't understand death. I see it alot in hospitals, due to being in them so often for hubby.  Yet I wonder, why (a presence) hang around? What's haunting for? If body is free of time and any pain , how come an essence or bit of its spirit wants to stay here in linear, maybe 'ghosts' are our label, ( labels seem to help things we dont completely understand) but the 'paranormal' may be something entirely different(quantum or something)? Maybe it's all as normal as sunrise, or the ocean! Who questions the reality of oceans? Hmm

I will mention I did make a simple pendulum. I haven't used one before, but since tarot seems to just 'happen' (I am a tarot rebel, I don't do spreads. I do a little blessing and focus on what person or myself has in mind and pick top, middle, bottom. Weirdly they always relate to subject. I don't do that much, nowadays. What is, is, and we have free will so I simply focus on positive improvements etc of hubby's health, the now.)...but pendulum is my crystal quartz bead I have worn as necklace. It's maybe 10 yrs old. On a cord, I may go into room something had randomly tipped over or TV just pop on. Brace my elbow and sit super still..& only wish to know if room has a presence - I do not interact or ask questions. It does swing wildly forward and back, & sometimes it is still , like being held to not move at all.

That's as far as I have ventured, to (possibly) confirm a presence. Our neighborhood  is also on Pomo land, though they often moved season to season. We have some arrowheads from backyard. Sorry my very long comment! I just am curious of 'activity' here, be it calm activity! (Oh it hadn't occurred to me, my paternal gramma is Cherokee. Perhaps my tendency to sit quiet especially outside and just notice what birds are around or bugs or what's blooming ... that blankness perhaps has me more alert to presences? Huh, just a thought) :)
"..for those who believe, no words are necessary. For those who do not believe, no words are possible.."  (and that's ok!~)

#12 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:54 AM

My thoughts on death and spirit visitations:

There is a very good book titled "We Are Their Heaven" I believe it is well worth reading.
In short the title says it all; our loved ones choose a time in their life where they were their happiest and they continue to visit the people they loved.  They are able to share and celebrate special events and to create further memories after they have gone with the people they loved.
Posted Image

#13 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

Ooooh I haven't read it BUT that book is by Allison DuBois of Medium the tv show fame {she inspired it NOT the actress} and I kinda likes her :yes:

Heya aisLinnZ  Posted Image

I've been told by a few different people that my home is haunted and I have a bazillion motion and sound sensing cameras, EMF and electrostatic meters and sensors plus the vast majority of ghost hunting tech including my own and have gotten nothing.

Apparently whatever it is only plays with people when I'm not around AND never on camera so yeah I think it notices when I'm not home ... dang chicken carp ghost Posted Image
- siguie -

#14 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

View Postsiguie, on 21 January 2020 - 12:57 PM, said:

Apparently whatever it is only plays with people when I'm not around AND never on camera so yeah I think it notices when I'm not home ... dang chicken carp ghost Posted Image

You might be like Steve DiSchiavi from The Dead Files, he never feels or is affected either. Maybe they are some people that are like that?
Posted Image

#15 siguie

siguie

Earthbound Spirit

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 January 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

You might be like Steve DiSchiavi from The Dead Files, he never feels or is affected either. Maybe they are some people that are like that?

Dang you Klainey you are so mean ... you take that back Posted Image

:bunny:
- siguie -

#16 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:50 PM

View Postsiguie, on 21 January 2020 - 06:39 PM, said:

Dang you Klainey you are so mean ... you take that back Posted Image

:bunny:

LOL :rofl:
Posted Image

#17 MichelleGStudy

MichelleGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,637 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 January 2020 - 05:54 AM, said:

My thoughts on death and spirit visitations:

There is a very good book titled "We Are Their Heaven" I believe it is well worth reading.
In short the title says it all; our loved ones choose a time in their life where they were their happiest and they continue to visit the people they loved.  They are able to share and celebrate special events and to create further memories after they have gone with the people they loved.
My dear - I think that says it all.

#18 aisLinnZ

aisLinnZ

Ectoplasm

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

Wow, thank you everyone for your comments! Iam sorry I have not checked in for quite a while. ..... Brain tumor and blood clots of hubby and also the 'Virus' lockdown especially in N California where we live has made things pretty weird to get normal day to day stuff done. And hubby 'high risk', though we aren't paranoid, it's just tricky as is for anyone anyway!

I will read through comments - I think since I posted this originally,  we have a new feline who keeps showing up in our yard, and we slowly are trying to get her used to being inside sometimes. She appears to be a victim of Tubbs fires that happened in Oct 2017 here. She seems of age that her actual family lost home to fire, and she probably ran, just not sure. She is super affectionate if YOU walk up to her, rather than we wait for her to walk up to us! She is grey and will grab your leg with her tail or paws if she isn't ready for you to leave?

In her small visits inside, she lays under hubby's walker or goes upstairs and lays in front of his home office room door whether he is in there or not. She startles really easy like she sees something- though no one suddenly made a loud sound or be in other room. And of course she has been on her own apparently  outside ferral for quite a while till now. Huh. Well whether she sees things we do not, or just naturally over alert from being without a people family; we are her people family now!

I send healthy good thoughts out to everyone, that this 'shelter in place', passes soon, and that everyone is well and life start getting kinda normal and mask-less again!! ( funny, we r inside alot of course now between hubby & health, and only allowed to leave home if 'essential ' rule here.....but activity etheric wise is fairly calm? )

Now and then the 'sound of a voice', yet no TV on or us all in living room, but sounds like someone spoke, and we all say "huh"?, but none of us said anything- so who knows ; of topic I posted. take care, thank you for comments, I will read through them!!! : )

#19 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 08:59 PM

Glad to hear you  are well and, hubby, I hope he is as well as can be expected.

It is a worrying time with your hubby's health and now added stress with this virus! So remember to take care of yourself too.

It sounds like the cat is here to comfort and support your hubby, she sounds lovely, and you and your hubby and there for the cat too :yes: have you given her an name?
Posted Image

#20 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

some really thoughtful and interesting opinions on this in here, I love the information that's been posted from psychic mediums etc, very thought provoking!

I think there are times when there are presences in a space that are there when you aren't, and it's like walking into a room and feeling like someone just left - the displacement of energy.
It's in the trees, it's coming!