Ghost In My House

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:anime, computer games, dragons, drawing, final fantasy, manga, roleplaying, wargaming, wrestling, writing

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

I live in a rented ground floor flat in Cardiff, I think the building was originally built as a house at least a hundred years ago and has since been split into three flats.  Me and my boyfriend, whom I share the flat with, have had several experiences since we moved in last April.  We also share the flat with another female housemate.

Firstly, after arriving home from work one day with my boyfriend, I picked up our post from the hallway and walked into the bedroom.  I felt something trying to tug the letters from my hand - I mean really hard, I had to keep a firm grip to make sure they weren't jerked out of my grasp! - and assumed my boyfriend was playing a trick on me.  I turned around and told him to stop messing around... only to see that he wasn't standing behind me, he'd gone straight to the kitchen which is at the other end of the flat.  There was nobody else in the room with me.

Twice, we have had a loud knocking on our bedroom door; both times, our housemate has been in her own room with her door shut, so it wouldn't have been posible for her to do it.  (The doors in our house are heavy, and when they are opened or closed you can hear them dragging across the carpet, so it's possible to tell when someone moves in or out of another room.)

Several times, when I have been in the house on my own, I have heard movement in the lounge and the kitchen - noises such as crockery, cutlery and other items being moved around.  We don't have any draughts in the house which could cause such heavy things to be moved without help.  

I know that he landlord's mother used to live in our ground floor flat, and I think it may be her spirit which is here.  Whatever is in the house, its presence does not feel malign or harmful; if anything, it seems to not mind us being here, and I think it is quite content to keep an eye on the house.  (Our landlord is quite picky about cleanliness - perhaps the spirit is watching to make sure we keep the place in order!)  I have spoken to it on a few occasions, asking it to watch some TV with me or come and sit with me for a while.
"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock, ticking." - Mary O' Brien, 'Equilibrium'

http://dracorattus.deviantart.com/

#2 skateb12

skateb12

Banshee

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:40 PM

hmm, im not sure but what letters where in your hand cause i was confuse when you were saying that something was pulling the letters, but maybe it is the landlords mother, but thanks for posting

#3 bigmamasandi

bigmamasandi

Ghoul

• GS Member
  • Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:I own two carpet stores. I have a great best friend, he is also my husband. I love to help people whenever I can. I think all Libras are this way. I moved from Houston to Bossier City about 15 years ago. I really love it here.

Posted 21 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

cool... I think it is being nosy...

#4 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:anime, computer games, dragons, drawing, final fantasy, manga, roleplaying, wargaming, wrestling, writing

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for the interest, I would like to think that whatever the entity is, it's just being friendly and curious.
"Without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock, ticking." - Mary O' Brien, 'Equilibrium'

#5 Aslan

Aslan

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:27 PM

the quote in your siggy gave me goosebumps...

edit: tick tock

Edited by Aslan, 03 January 2008 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

a new chapter begins

#6 Draco Rattus

Draco Rattus

Spirit

• GS Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Heh heh, thank you.  =^^=  It's my attitude to life, pretty much... sometimes you have to risk getting hurt to really experience life.  I'm glad you read it in time.  :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users