Paranormal Bingo Game

• You cannot reply to this topic
336 replies to this topic

#21 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

The Today's Bingo pick is Evidence.

Evidence, broadly construed, is anything presented in support of an assertion. This support may be strong or weak. The strongest type of evidence is that which provides direct proof of the truth of an assertion. At the other extreme is evidence that is merely consistent with an assertion but does not rule out other, contradictory assertions, as in circumstantial evidence...

... Scientific evidence consists of observations and experimental results that serve to support, refute, or modify a scientific hypothesis or theory, when collected and interpreted in accordance with the scientific method.

Source: Wikipedia

In paranormal investigating, the word “evidence” is used to refer to the raw data, audio, and video recordings, The unexamined data, that is made during an investigation. The word is also used to mean a particular type of paranormal evidence, combined with a category, such as “EVP/Audio evidence” or “video/photographic evidence.”  Until one or more specific anomalies are found within the evidence and singled out, it doesn't have real significance, other than as an overall collection of raw data.
My Signature

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#22 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

Woot! One down!
My Signature
Posted Image

#23 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

2 out of 2 for me :)
My Signature

Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#24 NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,083 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:09 AM

Klainey seems to be winning!  :)
My Signature

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#25 MrsFrootloops

Wraith

• Lead Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:17 AM

Lol, I am losing. Like badly, and it's only been two words lol.
My Signature
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#26 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:56 PM

The Bingo pick today is: Anomaly

Anomaly, the process of detecting peculiarities from the other, relevant data. That which is considered extraordinary or abnormal, especially in opposition to Baseline readings. That which is abnormal does not automatically suggest something paranormal and rather points out an experience, observation, or evidence, which stands out from its natural surroundings. A few of the more commonly reported are taps and knocks; voices and whispering; shadows; orbs; flashes of light; footsteps; cold and warm spots.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#27 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

The Bingo pick today is Controls:

1. to exercise restraint or direction over; dominate; command:  

2. to hold in check; curb:

3. to test or verify (a scientific experiment) by a parallel experiment or other standards of comparison.

Researchers and Scientists endeavor to put limits and parameters on their tests to define factors such as the margin of error and uncertainty; Paranormal investigators will exact the same type of controls on the environment of the investigation so that our analysis will lead to more reliable results. These controls may be as simple, as limiting the number of people within the venue, to triangulating audio sources. In the Scientific Method, controlled tests are considered a fundamental feature of any application.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#28 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:41 PM

The Bingo pick today is Anemometer:

An anemometer is a device used for measuring the speed of wind and is also a common weather station instrument. The term is derived from the Greek word anemos, which means wind, and is used to describe any wind speed measurement instrument used in meteorology. The first known description of an anemometer was given by Leon Battista Alberti in 1450.

The anemometer has changed little since its development in the 15th century. Leon Battista Alberti (1404–1472) is said to have invented the first mechanical anemometer around 1450. In following centuries, numerous others, including Robert Hooke (1635–1703), developed their own versions, with some being mistakenly credited as the inventor. In 1846, John Thomas Romney Robinson (1792–1882) improved upon the design by using four hemispherical cups and mechanical wheels. In 1926, Canadian meteorologist John Patterson (January 3, 1872 – February 22, 1956) developed a three-cup anemometer, which was improved by Brevoort and Joiner in 1935. In 1991, Derek Weston added the ability to measure wind direction. In 1994, Andrews Pflitsch developed the sonic anemometer.

Anemometers, originally invented for meteorology. The anemometer detects and measures the velocity of the wind. Now handheld versions of this device assist investigators of the paranormal in substantiating claims of spontaneous cold spots and environmental data.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#29 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:48 AM

Oh boy, shot myself in the foot, only 1 from those 3
My Signature

Posted Image

#30 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

My cold is kicking into high gear, so I'm posting Tuesday's pick early. I'm going to stay in bed tomorrow and try to rest.

The Bingo pick for Tuesday is Knocks.

A mainstay of paranormal investigating is the documenting of knocking sounds or taps, which are believed by many to be attempts at intelligent communication by unseen entities.  The concept is basic enough to have partly inspired the acronym of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (in addition to the military melody eulogizing fallen soldiers).  Taking inspiration from nineteenth-century seance mediums who beckoned a spirit to knock as a sign of their arrival—more often than not, the medium’s cohort knuckling the underside of the table—paranormal investigators frequently attempt to initiate knocks and taps as a way for unseen entities to “make their presence known.”  However, a system of raps and taps are also encouraged to answer basic yes/no questions, much in the fashion that a K-II Meter is now being used.  Detractors and skeptics point out that, during the nighttime hours that most tapping and knocking phenomena are heard (and during which most paranormal investigations are staged), building infrastructure responds to drops in temperature and changes in barometric pressure and outdoor wind speed that create these sounds.  For this reason, responsible paranormal investigators give taps lower priority as evidence or reject it altogether, unless 1) it seems strongly to suggest intelligent responses to questions, and 2) it coincides with other anomalies such as EMF spikes, Cold Spots, EVP, and so on.

Source: Pacific Paranormal Investigations
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#31 KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:35 PM

LOL, I must have copied it down wrong if it is number 34) I only have Knocks :confused0068:
My Signature

Posted Image

#32 Michelle

Doppelganger

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Interests:I am in private practice with a primary focus on treatment & management of eye disease. I enjoy astronomy, paranormal Investigating, visiting cemeteries, geocaching, gold panning, metal detecting & things of that nature.

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

I missed getting my words in:(  I will pretend play and wait to see if I would've been a winner in real life - but In July I am taking the win. I just wanted to let you guys know to be fair and all. See you then!

I hope you are feeling better Mac C!

#33 Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,641 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:57 PM

I was freaked out for a minute by Mac's link to Pacific Paranormal. After leaving HPI, some former members and myself started

. All that remains now is an old MySpace page  https://myspace.com/pacparanormal

So far only 1 bingo word.. :(
My Signature
Posted Image

#34 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:56 PM

The Bingo pick for Wednesday is Fear Cage.

FEAR CAGE: A term used to describe a confined area such as a walk in closet, hallway or basement with very high EMF readings. The combination of being close and confined with in an area of strong EMF often brings out extremely great feelings of uneasiness, anxiety, paranoia and/or uncontrollable fear. When this occurs the best thing is to quickly and calmly leave the area and go to a more open area with lower EMF.

Source: GhostStudy

The term "Fear Cage" was coined by TAPS investigators. The word describes an area within a building which is marked off by extraordinarily high EMF readings, generating effects on individuals which are mistaken for localized paranormal activity. Many who report the impression of being watched, feeling cold shivers, or encountering uneasy feelings when entering a particular location in their homes and are often victims of this electromagnetic field phenomenon. This effect is particularly the case if the areas are targeting the head. Areas, where a fear cage may occur routinely, include the sources of high voltage electricity as well as the conduct faces, 220 voltage outlets, circuit breakers, stripped wires, exposed copper wires, and so on. Some appliances (especially the older models) frequently are responsible for producing fear cages. The most common culprits would be refrigerators, electric clocks (with or without lights) and clock radios, fans (oscillating and ceiling, fluorescent ballasts, and worn out power strips and extension cords. A fear cage, when caused by appliances, are easy to test, just rearrange, replace, or remove the device which should dispel the effect.
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#35 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

Sorry I was late getting this Thursday's pick posted. Here is Thursday's pick Jungian (aka Analytical Psychology)

Jungian Jung·i·an (yoo ng-ee-uh n)

adj.

• Relating to or described by Carl Gustav Jung or his theories, especially of archetypes and the collective unconscious or to analytical psychology.

• an advocate or follower of Jung's theories maintaining Jung's psychological theories.

• 1933, "of or about the psychoanalytic school of Dr. Carl Gustav Jung " (1875-1961)

Source: Dictionary.com

The prominent nineteenth-century Swiss psychologist, Carl Gustav Jung, founded analytical psychology, often referred to as Jungian psychology, and is frequently invoked by scholars of the paranormal for his interest in the human psyche as inherently mystical.  Of particular concern to paranormal folklore enthusiasts, demonologists, and ghost trackers, alike, are his study of psychological archetypes and his theories on the collective unconscious of the human species, which, he argued, explained the coincidental similarities among the pantheons and spiritual rituals of so many disparate human cultures.  From dream analysis to tarot card readings and art therapy to 12-Step patient treatment, Jungian psychology is frequently the favored approach.  In paranormal investigating, Jungian analysis takes an inevitable role in any alternative explanations of client accounts of paranormal activity that, interpreted as personal expressions of a common cultural folklore, often possess archetypal traits--, e.g., the crone; the spirit girl; the tall man with the hat; and so on.  (See also "Inhuman" and Thought-Forms.")

source: Pacific Paranormal.Investigations
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#36 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

The Bingo pick for Friday is Haunting.

Haunting [hawn-ting] (1200-50;  Middle English haunten < Old French hanter to frequent, probably < Old Norse heimta to lead home, derivative of heim homewards)

1. The act of a person's spirit or thing that haunts aka spectral visitation.

When a location exhibits a pattern and a personality of paranormal activity, it is said to be haunted. Hauntings are generally classified as Intelligent or Residual. An intelligent haunting implies that one or more spirit entities are “attached” to the premises and interact with it and its living occupants in a sentient way. A residual haunting is defined by its rote characteristics: paranormal phenomena, such as apparitions, occur frequently or repetitiously, but without being mindful or aware of the occupants. A third classification, Poltergeist, remains controversial and, although it resembles a haunting, is thought to be, in fact, a manifestation of a living mind; in consequence, it is more often categorized with such phenomena as possession, rather than with hauntings.

Haunting – Reoccurring ghostly phenomena that returns to a location where no one is physically present. Ghosts generally haunt places and not people.

Source: Mystical Blaze.com
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#37 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:20 PM

Saturday's Bingo pick is Evidence Review.

Evidence Review (a.k.a. Evidence Analysis):
After an investigation has concluded, a period of time will be devoted to examining the gathered evidence for paranormal anomalies.  This activity is collectively referred to as “Evidence Review.”

Source: Pacific Paranormal
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#38 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:27 PM

I will be busy tomorrow, so I'm going to post Sunday's pick today. Sunday's pick is DVR.

A digital video recorder (DVR) is an electronic device that records video in a digital format to a disk drive, USB flash drive, SD memory card, SSD or other local or networked mass storage device. The term includes set-top boxes with direct to disk recording, portable media players and TV gateways with recording capability, and digital camcorders.[1] Personal computers are often connected to video capture devices and used as DVRs; in such cases, the application software used to record video is an integral part of the DVR. Many DVRs are classified as consumer electronic devices; such devices are sometimes referred to as personal video recorders (PVRs).

Styles and techniques in paranormal investigating are wide ranging depending on the degree to which teams objectively collect data.  Subjective metaphysical approaches often see results in a more spontaneous and immediate manner, but approaches dependent upon data collection, analysis, and peer review take longer and require surveillance and recording equipment—not only for collecting data but also for documenting investigations and cross-referencing evidence.  A multi-channel DVR surveillance system utilizing high-resolution infrared surveillance cameras permits real-time monitoring of multiple locations at the investigation site while it saves that footage for later review.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#39 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:38 AM

The Bingo pick for Monday is Baselines.

During data collecting before an investigation, the researchers determine the baseline measurement of environmental conditions. The baseline data collected helps to ascertain environmental anomalies while investigating. Measurements of electromagnetic fields(EMF), temperature, background radiation, air density and pressure, and others are methodically recorded to determine what’s “normal” about the site; variances from those baselines, consequently, will potentially suggest what could be paranormal. Many groups also use weather, solar and geological data, to construct a baseline for the area of investigation.

Baseline (Measurement) is the assignment of a number to a characteristic of an object or event, which can be compared with other objects or events The scope and application of a measurement is dependent on the context and discipline. In the natural sciences and engineering, measurements do not apply to nominal properties of objects or events, which is consistent with the guidelines of the International vocabulary of metrology published by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures. However, in other fields such as statistics as well as the social and behavioral sciences, measurements can have multiple levels, which would include nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio scales.
Measurement is a cornerstone of trade, science, technology, and quantitative research in many disciplines. Historically, many measurement systems existed for the varied fields of human existence to facilitate comparisons in these fields. Often these were achieved by local agreements between trading partners or collaborators. Since the 18th century, developments progressed towards unifying, widely accepted standards that resulted in the modern International System of Units (SI). This system reduces all physical measurements to a mathematical combination of seven base units. The science of measurement is pursued in the field of metrology.

My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

#40 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

The Bingo pick for Tuesday is EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena.

EVP - Electronic Voice Phenomena: The hearing of unexplainable voices during the playback of a recording made on an electronic recording device. The voices can not be readily identified as persons speaking or events (mechanical sounds, background noise took place, etc.) that took place while the record was being performed. Can be encountered on both tape and digital recorders. Sometimes also found on video recorders (not film, however). See our articles on EVP theory and classification.

Source: Long Island Paranormal Investigators
My Signature

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

members, guests, anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com