• Please log in to reply
337 replies to this topic

#41 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:59 PM

Today's (Wendesday) pick is EMF (Electromagnet Fields).

An electromagnetic field (also EMF or EM field) is a physical field produced by electrically charged objects.[1] It affects the behavior of charged objects in the vicinity of the field. The electromagnetic field extends indefinitely throughout space and describes the electromagnetic interaction. It is one of the four fundamental forces of nature (the others are gravitation, weak interaction and strong interaction).
The field can be viewed as the combination of an electric field and a magnetic field. The electric field is produced by stationary charges, and the magnetic field by moving charges (currents); these two are often described as the sources of the field. The way in which charges and currents interact with the electromagnetic field is described by Maxwell's equations and the Lorentz force law.
From a classical perspective in the history of electromagnetism, the electromagnetic field can be regarded as a smooth, continuous field, propagated in a wavelike manner; whereas from the perspective of quantum field theory, the field is seen as quantized, being composed of individual particles.

Source: Wikipedia

EMF - Electro Magnetic Field: In it's natural form it is the natural electric field (sometimes thought of an an aurora) that is generated by all living things and many inanimate objects such as metals and certain minerals. EMF is also generated by man-made electric sources such as lights, radios and wires. In paranormal investigations the theory is that entities are largely composed of energy which may be electrically based. By trying to detect EMF it may be possible to locate an otherwise unseen entity. The stronger the EMF detected the potential greater the paranormal phenomena. See our article on EMF Theory.

Source: Long Island Paranormal Investigators

Posted ImageEMF (Electromagnet Fields): Localized electromagnetic fields are measured before and during an investigation, first as a means to determining a baseline of electromagnetic activity, and then as a means of measuring anomalies whose EMF measurements stray from that baseline.  The presence of increased anomalous EMF activity is thought to coincide with the manifestation of some paranormal phenomena, and instruments such as a K-II Meter are now routinely used as a crude method of communication that allows alleged spirit entities to manipulate EMF fields to light up buttons on the meter, generallyas “Yes/No” answers.  It is also thought that some individuals may have a genetically predisposed sensitivity to EMFs that causes them to experience phenomena they understandably interpret as paranormal:  paranoia; headaches; nausea; skin irritation; nightmares; visual and auditory hallucinations; and more.  This is why detecting EMFs, especially high EMF readings--called "EMF hot spots"--is a routine part of modern paranormal investigative procedure.  It should be noted, however, that even though some countries (particularly in Europe) regulate wiring and appliances to protect consumers and employees against electromagnetic "poisoning," in the United States, protection against EMF poisoning has never been signed into law because the connection between high EMF and the abovementioned symptoms has never been persuasively argued by the medical community.  This is why, in the United States, EMF poisoning is sometimes treated as though it is fringe science.  Most paranormal investigators, however, remain quite open to the seriousness of it, making an EMF meter one of their most valuable tools.   (See also "K-II Meter" and "Knocks and Taps.")

Source: Pacific Paranormal Investigations

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#42 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf(Actor/Singer not the food), Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

Thursday's Bingo Pick is Dust Orbs.

Orb (optics)

In photography, an orb is a typically circular artifact on an image, created as a result of flash photography illuminating a mote of dust or other particle. Orbs are especially common with modern compact and ultra-compact digital cameras. Orbs are also sometimes called backscatter, orb backscatter, or near-camera reflection. Some orbs appear with trails indicating motion.

Cause

Orbs are captured during low-light instances where the camera's flash is used. Cases include night or underwater photography, or where a bright light source is near the camera. Light appears much brighter very near the source due to the inverse-square law, which says light intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source.
The orb artifact can result from retroreflection of light off solid particles, such as dust or pollen, or liquid particles, especially rain. They can also be caused by foreign material within the camera lens.[1]
The image artifacts usually appear as either white or semi-transparent circles, though may also occur with whole or partial color spectra, purple fringing or other chromatic aberration. With rain droplets, an image may capture light passing through the droplet creating a small rainbow effect. In underwater conditions, particles such as sand or small sea life close to the lens, invisible to the diver, reflect light from the flash causing the orb artifact in the image. A strobe flash, which distances the flash from the lens, eliminates the artifacts.The effect is also seen on infrared video cameras, where superbright infrared LEDs illuminate microscopic particles very close to the lens.

Posted Image

A hypothetical underwater instance with two conditions in which orbs are (A) likely or (B) unlikely, depending on whether the aspect of particles facing the lens are directly illuminated by the flash, as shown. Elements not shown to scale.
The artifacts are especially common with compact or ultra-compact cameras, where the short distance between the lens and the built-in flash decreases the angle of light reflection to the lens, directly illuminating the aspect of the particles facing the lens and increasing the camera's ability to capture the light reflected off normally sub-visible particles.

Orb (paranormal)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted Image

Orbs in the gallery of St Leonard's church in Old Warden, Bedfordshire (2017)

Posted Image

A single orb in the center of the photo, at the person's knee level

An orb in paranormal terms is defined as "an anomalous globe-shaped spot, either white or colored, that shows up in photographs taken at allegedly haunted locations."

Also known as 'ghost orbs', 'spirit orbs' and 'angel orbs',[3] orbs first began to be noticed in photographs with the advent of the pocket flash camera in the 1990s. They are usually found in digital still photography when a flash has been used; orbs are not often found in photographs taken in natural light or in film photography. At times they have been seen to move in video footage. Usually orbs are spherical but have occasionally appeared shaped as diamonds, rectangles and smears. They are often claimed as real evidence of spirit presences supposedly representing the essence or soul of a departed person. Believers claim that orbs have appeared on command and may have images and faces visible within them when you zoom in; and that under controlled conditions orbs have been shown not to be reflected light but what is known in physics as "fluoresence". Orbs are frequently cited as evidence of a paranormal manifestation in such tv programs as Ghost Adventures.

A number of paranormal investigators have used digital cameras to attempt to catch images of orbs as proof that a location is haunted, claiming that the orbs or "ectos" are spirits or ghosts appearing in the photograph. Eventually so many orb photographs were being produced that the Toronto Ghosts and Hauntings Research Society (GHRS) stopped accepting them as proof of paranormal activity.

However, many sceptics and paranormal investigators have accepted that orbs are probably merely natural phenomena such as insects, dust, pollen, or water vapor. Fujifilm states that "There is always a certain amount of dust floating around in the air. You may have noticed this at the movies when you look up at the light coming from the movie projector and notice the bright sparks floating around in the beam. In the same way, there are always dust particles floating around nearby when you take pictures with your camera. When you use the flash, the light from the flash reflects off the dust particles and is sometimes captured in your shot. Of course, dust particles very close to the camera are blurred since they are not in focus, but because they reflect the light more strongly than the more distant main subject of the shot, that reflected light can sometimes be captured by the camera and recorded on the resulting image as round white spots. So these dots are the blurred images of dust particles."

Posted Image

My Shop

#43 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,754 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

Wow I suck. Only 6 so far
Posted Image

#44 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

Friday's Bingo Pick is Environmental Data.

Environmental Data:

What may seem at first like superfluous information to a paranormal investigation in fact provides a backdrop of data that allows investigators to draw connections between anomalies in their evidence set and conditions in the environment.  The types of external environmental conditions that pose potentially significant factors are meteorological (weather), geophysical (earthquake and solar events), and tidal, while the kinds of internal environmental factors of consequence are concerns of electromagnetic fields (EMF), carbon monoxide and natural gas, radiation, barometric pressure and temperature.

Posted Image

My Shop

#45 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:01 AM

That is good one more than me then :D
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#46 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'm having a hard time keeping count for some reason... Maybe I should write these terms down LOL

I think I have 4...  :Picture 562:

Posted Image

"Life doesn't get easier...

You just get stronger."

#47 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:08 AM

View PostNightWalkerGStudy, on 16 June 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

I'm having a hard time keeping count for some reason... Maybe I should write these terms down LOL

I think I have 4...  :Picture 562:

Go into the PM you sent Mac with your bingo selection and strikethrough the words when you get them correct, that is what I have been doing to keep track :)
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#48 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts
  • Interests:paranormal happenings, music, video games, smartphones, politics, keeping my fangs clean.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

Lol I was doing exactly that, but then I realized I skipped the second page of this thread and got mixed up :wallbash:

Looks like I was right...  I only have four :down:  lol

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#49 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Lead Moderator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:55 AM

I've been keeping mine on a spreadsheet lol.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#50 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

Sorry, I was late getting this one posted. The June 17TH pick was: AVP.

AVP:
Audible Voice Phenomena are anomalous voices and sounds that are heard in real time by investigators and captured on the recorded media.  The vast majority of AVP are noises—bangs, taps, gasps, and moans—but rare AVP have included audible “spirit voices” as well.  (See also "EVP" and "Knocks and Taps.")

Source: PacificParanormal Investigations

Posted Image

My Shop

#51 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Today, June 18th pick is Infrared (IR) Illumination.

Infrared (IR) Illumination:
Posted ImageDigital video and still shot cameras used by PPI investigators are equipped with an ability to "see" in the dark using infrared light.  This feature is indispensable since virtually all investigations take place in the cover of darkness.  Anomalies such as shadows and moving objects that would otherwise be unseen by the naked eye are more likely to be detected in infrared.  Images and video recorded with infrared sometimes seem like they are black-and-white; this is a false color impression.  (See also "Surveillance.")

Source: PacifiicParanormal Investigations

IR (INFRARED):
Infrared light is light from the lower end (long wavelength/low frequency) of the electromagnetic spectrum (between the visible light spectrum and microwaves). IR light is not visible to the naked human eye without the use of special equipment. IR is not to be confused with thermal imaging. While IR and thermal energy are both on the short end of the electromagnetic spectrum, they are not the same thing. There is evidence that ghosts/spirits and other paranormal entities may be more susceptible to being viewed (including video and image photography) using the IR light spectrum. IR sensors are also often used for measuring temperature and detecting movement.

Posted Image

My Shop

#52 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

Yay!  Now I have 5!

View PostMrsFrootloops, on 17 June 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I've been keeping mine on a spreadsheet lol.

I'll have to do that.  Good idea :)

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#53 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,754 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:40 AM

Seven here
Posted Image

#54 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

You all are doing great.

Monday, June 19th pick is: Inhuman

Inhuman:
This designation defines a non-human paranormal being native to the “spirit realm.”  This classification consists of demons, nature spirits, elementals, and angels. Most inhumans are formidable and are considered animalistic and threatening. Though skeptical paranormal researchers like to keep an open mind in regards to reports of an “inhuman haunting,” The classification is chiefly the concern of Demonologists and is regularly linked with religious philosophies.

Posted Image

My Shop

#55 NightWalkerGStudy

NightWalkerGStudy

Pooky's Keeper

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:49 AM

Yay!  Up to six!

Posted Image

You just get stronger."

#56 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Tuesday's Bingo pick is Case Files.

A Case Files is

When an investigation is requested and is accepted, one of the directors or case managers will authorize the case by assigning it an identification number. Though many have mistaken the investigating process, as the case, the investigation is only one part of a finished case. Every case begins with gathering information. After you complete the preliminary data, the next step is planning and research where the Background Intelligence is retrieved. Then the Investigation date is scheduled. Next, the investigators are organized based on their availability and skills. At this time, an investigator will start to establish a written Report that includes the background and research information. After the investigation is over and reviewing of the evidence is concluded, the validity of the video and audio evidence, as well as subjective experiences, is discussed and considered amongst team members. Then the background information, evidence, and the collected data are compiled into a report that shows the findings and offers a final judgment of the case. Awaiting a client's request for additional investigation, if none is needed, then the case is considered “closed.”

Posted Image

My Shop

#57 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Here's Wednesday's pick  Cold Spot.

COLD SPOT: A small, defined area of intense cold (at least 10 degrees colder than the surrounding area) that can not readily be explained by other natural or mechanical causes (e.g. air conditioning, a drafty window, ice or snow). In paranormal research the prevailing theory is that when an entity is trying to manifest itself it draws on many sources of energy. One of those sources is the heat energy in the air. As the entity draws the heat out of the air the area in that specific immediate location becomes unusually cold.

Cold Spots (a.k.a. Chills):

Posted ImageAn environmental anomaly marked by a sudden and focused drop in temperature is commonly referred to as a “cold spot,” but warm spots are also recorded.  Paranormal enthusiasts theorize that “spirits” draw energy from the environment in order to manifest themselves, and that a drop in temperature is the “footprint” of a spirit trying to manifest.  Consequently, investigators use thermocouples (thermometers) and thermal images to track the movement and, in some cases, the shape of these thermal anomalies in hopes that they are monitoring an entity.

Posted Image

My Shop

#58 Vlawde

Vlawde

Seance

• GS Member
  • 11,754 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:07 AM

Eight!
Posted Image

#59 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:20 AM

Vlawde, Cool you're more than halfway there.

Thursday's Bingo pick is Footsteps.

Footsteps (a.k.a. Footfalls):
A universal feature of many a ghost tale, disembodied footsteps are frequently included in reports of paranormal activity:  a regular pattern of footfalls, often in another room or on a staircase, that sometimes causes witnesses to imagine intruders are in their homes.  Footsteps and other anomalous sounds such as Knocks and Taps rally skeptics who call into question the physics of such phenomena and blame matrixing as the common culprit.  (See "Pareidolia.")  Defenders of footsteps as a well and true paranormal phenomenon conjecture that it is an imprint of a residual haunting, or even that it is an indication  of parallel dimensions.

Posted Image

My Shop

#60 MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

MacCionoadha BeanSidhe

Apparition

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

Today's pick is Ectoplasm

ECTOPLASM: The substance left behind when an entity tries to manifest itself. Although still largely theoretical (none has yet been collected for chemical analysis) it has been photographed on many occasions. Ectoplasm often appears in photographs as a thick white mist or smoke in nearly straight lines. Vapor and humidity is often mistaken for ectoplasm. It is rarely seen with the naked eye. It can, however, be felt as a dense area of cobweb-like strands

Posted Image

My Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users