• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Hello and welcome everyone to Shawn's Horror Movie Review Blog. I hope you might stick around for a little info on some of my favorite horror films and some of the recent horror films I will be seeing. I have been looking for a long time for a good place to post a blog about my horror movie thoughts and i figured, hey, why not just start here. So here it goes with my first title I will be talking about.

Chopping Mall

Rated: R

Release: 1986

Now I can be the first to admit that I'm a sucker for some off the wall, borderline bad horror movies. Depending on your outlook of this film it can be off the wall and borderline bad. I however love it.

The story takes place in an American shopping mall in the mid 1980's. Now if your a part of the younger generation and have never been to a shopping mall in the 1980's probably up until the mid 1990's anyone can tell you a mall was a place to be. The story is focused around a group of teenagers who decide it would be fun to stay the night in a furniture store after the mall gets locked down for the night. Sounds like some good "innocent" fun there doesn't it? The mall itself has a new security system. Three robots that they will use when the mall closes for the night in order to detract and stop anyone that breaks into the mall in the off hours (what could go wrong here?). Well the night finally arrives, the mall is about to close down when a thunderstorm appears at the mall (yes, a thunderstorm in a horror movie. Who would have thought it?) and lightening strikes a main computer that are tied into operating the 3 robots, who have names as Projector 1, Projector 2 and Projector 3. (Quite original).

The mall is finally closed down for the night. The teenagers begin to have their party and everything is just going great, until one of the teenagers leaves the store to buy a pack of smokes from a machine in the mall. The young man is approached by one of the robots as he is outside of the store. But hey, all is well, he has his identification card that are given to the employees who work late so the robots can tell who the bad guys are. Well after a few smart comments to the robot, he shows he ID card, the robot reads it, and low and behold, that when the Killbots (which was actually another title for Chopping Mall) start their spree. It didn't take the teenagers long to know they were going to be in for a long night as the now "killbots" start picking them off one by one in the mall. Just how do you stop a killer robot in the mid 1980's. Well without giving to much of the ending away let's just say one of the teenagers has a plan you could paint a picture with.

I have to say the climax for this film is very entertaining. Everything about this film screams (no pun intended) off the wall but it sure is a good time to watch. If you can find this little gem I would recommend giving it a watch on a rainy Friday night.

Overall I give this film a 3.5 out of 5 stars. Perhaps if malls weren't going extinct in 2017 we could use some good robots to protect them as they may have thought in the 1980's

If you're still reading this I hope you enjoyed it. I plan to do another installment in a day or two. I will let you choose which film will be talked about next. The options are...

Halloween
Blood Diner
The Final

Thanks for reading,
Shawn
www.twitter.com/speer989
www.facebook.com/hickoryvfw6166

#2 MacCGStudy

MacCGStudy

Disembodied Voice

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
  • Interests:Meat Loaf, Paranormal, Reading, Beading, Baking, Barbecuing, Cooking, Container Gardening and Music.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

I vote for 'The Final'.

Aquène kah nahonnushagk(Peace and farewell),
WaûtuckquesSóchepo (SnowRabbit)

The Unofficial GhostStudy Easter Bunny

Posted Image

My Shop

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Wraith

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:17 AM

Wow, I must say I haven't seen any of those movies. Your review makes me want to go and see the Chopping Mall :confused0068:
Posted Image

#4 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal Investigations, Horror Movies, Music, Traveling, Meeting New People, Sports, Friends, Chatting, Video Games, Concerts, Food, TV, New Experiences, Having A Good Time, Laughing, Making Others Laugh, Helping Others.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

View PostKlaineyGStudy, on 21 April 2017 - 03:17 AM, said:

Wow, I must say I haven't seen any of those movies. Your review makes me want to go and see the Chopping Mall :confused0068:

Hopefully you can get a chance to see it. It is worth it and fun.
www.twitter.com/speer989

#5 Captain Kundalini

Captain Kundalini

Haunted Hollywood Guru

• GS Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, Music, Meditation, The Outdoors, The Beatles, Reading, Writing, Celebrity Grave Hunting, Storm Chasing, The Paranormal (Ghosts & UFO's), Computers, Romance, Travel, Literature & Photography.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:23 AM

Bleh! All that blood and gore and guts and veins in the teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies.
I don't see how people can watch that stuff.
Peace

Posted Image

#6 Shawn4233

Shawn4233

Goblin

• GS Member
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostCaptain Kundalini, on 21 April 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Bleh! All that blood and gore and guts and veins in the teeth! Eat dead, burnt bodies.
I don't see how people can watch that stuff.

They are one of those things that aren't for everyone. Much like how is here on the forums deal with the unknown, unseen and mysterious.
www.twitter.com/speer989

#7 MrsFrootloops

MrsFrootloops

Incubus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Anything artistic, baking, cooking, waffles, comics, games, hamsters, and um, things lol.

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

If there weren't any people who could handle seeing those types of things, then we wouldn't have coroners, morticians, surgeons, CSI, and probably a butt load of other jobs... our world would be full of corpses laying around because no one would go near them.
Do whatever makes you happy, whatever fruits your loops.

#8 dash

dash

EVP

• GS Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

true i knew a dude who was a coroner and he describe death as beautiful. personally i didn't agree with him that the bruising and gore was beautiful but to him it was

and the walking dead rule

Edited by dash, 22 April 2017 - 07:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users