Free Skins
© Fisana

I Hope Everyone Is Ok After That Freezing Temps Last Week

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LouczarGStudy

LouczarGStudy

• 1,086 posts
  • Interests:avoiding dumb people...you know, those that believe anything they are told....or found on the net.

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:07 AM

The company I work for was shut down for 10 days.  They opened up yesterday.  My family and I were hunkered down the whole time.  I had one pipe break in the garage wall.  We made it through without major incident.

My wifes cousin lives north of us in a rural town that got MUCH colder than us.  They lost power and water by the second day of the bad weather....and it was off for over a week.  Her cousin Candace, is a rare breed as is her husband.  They are all about living off the land.  They made it through fine.  Some number of her elderly residents did not.  Exact number is unknown and I doubt we will ever hear how many in the news.  Some of the things Candace and her family did to make it were brilliant!

-The put up their camping tent in the middle of their living room and the 4 of them slept in it with sleeping bags & blankets
-They used the glass jar candles with tera cota clay pots upside down over the candles inside the tent as a small heater.  Candace said it worked pretty good and kept the inside of the tent   warmer.
-Used a camping stove for cooking and melting snow for water ( they used their BBQ for cooking too until they ran out of charcoal).
Just because you have one....doesn't mean you have to act like one - Louczar
Life is short, enjoy it!

#2 Vlawde

Vlawde

Exorcism

• GS Member
  • 12,519 posts
  • Interests:Music, games, movies, the paranormal

Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:18 PM

After all I've heard, I'm glad to be living in California
Posted Image

#3 KlaineyGStudy

KlaineyGStudy

Forum Manager

• Root Admin
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 02:30 AM

Yes me too in living in Australia, glad you are ok  and hope everyone's well too
Posted Image

Visit us here: Facebook or Twitter

#4 earthlydelitesGStudy

earthlydelitesGStudy

• Moderators
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 07:22 PM

hope our members are ok, sending my thoughts from Australia
It's in the trees, it's coming!

#5 GothickangelCa

GothickangelCa

EVP

• GS Member
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Digital Media Artist, Blogger, Goth. Manga Comic Artist,
    Shamanism, Paranormal, Occult (Research Only), Astral Projection, Travel and Camping.

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:15 PM

I'm in London, ON. Canada. Fine here. Our area is used to that weather. So its rare for power outages unless its HUGE Snowmageddon (nic name for storm below Blizzard) or a bad Ice Storm because powerlines and such become too heavy and trees snap. This week warming up to spring temps so 12C (53F). For us around here that's sweater and pants and going for walks weather.
When I watched the American news I was like 0.o sooo horrible. No water, power, nothing. So many people and animals in harms way.

Light and Shadow. A place where the line is blurred between both worlds.

Nothing is as it seems. Shadow doesn't always mean evil and light doesn't always mean divine.

Posted Image